Planetside 2 population drop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodavit, Nov 5, 2015.

1. ColonelChingles

Fixed that for you. :p
  2. Obscura

Summer is over, thats why lol. Theres always an increase at the beginning of summer and a gradual drop at the end. The holiday season though will bring in some pop as well, so dont worry.
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, nope, just server populations
  4. Pikachu

Oh. I was under the impression that during summer people spent more time outdoors. :rolleyes:
  5. prodavit

look I been playing this game for 3 years and I never saw something like this. Sever drop right after the update came out.
  6. Alchemist44

7. Konstantinn

In a few days Fallout 4, in about a week Star Wars Battlefront. Only going to get worse.
    • Up x 1
  8. MikeyGeeMan

Ec is also starting to unlock warrior packs. So there's even more.
  9. Littleman

New games are coming out and they keep chipping away at PS2's already dwindling player base. The people not worried about the releases seem to assume everyone going to those games will come back to PS2... they won't. PS2 can expect some returnees, but we'll definitely lose small portions - nay, probably large portions - to these games permanently. Especially if they come back and see abysmal populations. Contrary to popular belief, a long running MMO can have multiple first impressions, but it only needs to fail once to lose someone forever.
  10. Klypto

Emerald lost 35-40% in a year. Not sure if that's exaggerating but that's something.
  11. BorgUK1of9

Merge time is coming, same happened on PS1 but not so quickly as I remember.
  12. AxiomInsanity87

13k friends

You must love bdays and Christmas ;)
  13. Pfundi

Summer holidays my friend. Summer holidays.
    I dont think we are going to lose population to neither SW:BFIII nor Fallout4. Fallout4 as limitless as it seems has an end in its possibilities. And SW:BFIII is just way too casual for the average PS2 player. Its fun at first but after the first month or so we are going to come back here.
    Eventually the game loses more and more population, but that is and was to be expected right from the beginning. The only thing that can change is the speed at which this happens.
  14. MikeyGeeMan

Once ants are out people will come back. They always come back. Once you get the massive in mmofps you are spoiled for life.
  15. Klypto

I actually have no IRL friends that I interact with often but still hate both of those days.
    • Up x 1