Planetside 2 population drop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodavit, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Eternaloptimist

Well, I dunno.................since VPs came in I've seen more fights going on, larger fights than average and fights in places where fights didn't previously occur.

As I am a lone wolf or pubby squad player (when invited) and just like the loud noises and the combat this suits me nicely. I play the EU servers so pop decline on others is not something I can comment on.
  2. lothbrook

The population has dropped to the point where i can't play in the morning from 7-8 AM EST on Emerald anymore, just simply not enough people whereas just a month or so ago there would be plenty of action, so i can only assume the barrage of Halo, COD, and soon Fallout and Battlefront is going to send this game into a nosedive instead of its current controlled descent.

I myself would probably be knee deep in Halo if i had a XOne, and definitely will be partaking in the Fallout frenzy.
  3. FateJH

Can you expand on your thoughts about the Victory Points System contributing towards an instant gratification mechanic?
  4. AxiomInsanity87

No that was in relation to a measly 1 hour alert.

This means the alerts are pre determined sooner due to a lack of time to change the situation. Well, there's the possibility that a faction has an off day (stupid) and a zerg goes almost unimpeded and wins within half an hour by connecting the warp gates but i'd imagine that's a rarity.

Do the occur at a higher frequency to compensate?.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

Those are all limited replay games and i don't see anything that comes close to ps2 in scale.

You can relax.
  6. MikeyGeeMan

I noticed this on Enerald as well.

It's .75 of what it used to be.
  7. JustBoo

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. OldCuban

Well the new CoD came out last night, then next week we have Fallout 4 and then the week after that there's Star Wars Battlefront.

So yeah, expect a dip in the amount of players logging in for the next several weeks at least.
  9. Beerbeerbeer

Actually wasn't that bad this morning on Emerald.

Fairly populated considering the day and time.

Yeah, I take last night's rather sparse pop due to the new CoD:BLOPS, something I won't be playing. Played one COD you've played them all.
  10. Akashar

Yeah but for over 3 years, there has been a lot of games man!
    • Up x 1
  11. Ronin Oni

I blame the return of #IndarSide2015

I LOOOOVE the new VP system, I like the shorter alerts actually, I like that when an alert FINISHES the fighting can CONTINUE...

HOWEVER, there's some significant flaws that's returned us this GOD DAMNED STATE OF INDAR24/7YOLOSWAG

1) It's too easy to ghost cap and lock an empty continent. When Indar finally DOES manage to get locked, it's basically guaranteed some tvvats are gonna go and intentionally ghost cap whichever continent isn't being contested (Always Hossin if it's unlocked) which will end up unlocking Indar again. Great, DAYS of effort undone in a couple hours.

2) It's too hard to lock a continent that's constantly being contested. Each Alert is only 1 point. The temporary VP's are basically pointless unless you're already close to locking (7-8 permenant VPs). This basically means 7-8 Alert victories in order to lock Indar... which will Avg out to 12-14 alerts specifically on Indar.

We need more ways to gain VP's, that DOESN'T make it easier to ghost cap. When a faction IS ghostcapping, I have no idea HOW but something needs to strongly encourage people to go over there and STOP THEM. Fire off a special alert for the factions getting pushed to WarpGate to push back the aggressing faction to <50% territory, and if successful give everyone in those factions a big XP reward, and give them alert bonus XP for just fighting there.

I'm sick and tired of Indar. I played it for 700 hours in Beta. I played it HUNDRED MORE when there was no locking and it was 24/7 Indarside.

I love the new complexities and different goals, but in it's current state all we've wound up with again is god damned constant Indar cause the god damned lemmings and the farmers cutting them down like scythes to the corn in their vehicles (by FAR the easiest continent for vehicles to farm the base fights, I'm convinced this is the leading reason to it's popularity...)

If you like Indar, at this point, SCREW YOU. You're part of the problem as far as I'm concerned.
    • Up x 1
  12. Rimaxan

I like Indar, Esamir, and the other one.

I don't like Hossin, why? For some reason I just suck at it. I just do and I do not know why when I can do easier in the other 3 continents.

Doesn't mean I an a Indar4ever fan.

I am weird.
  13. Nabil1998

Gonna drop even further with Fallout 4
    • Up x 1
  14. Scr1nRusher

You are right.

Almost forget Fallout 4.
  15. Rimaxan

Then it will rise back up again after the hype has gone.

It happens with every game, new game, players leave for a week or 2 to play it and come back.
    • Up x 1
  16. HadesR

Then Star Wars BF on the 19th ..
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

wow.......
    • Up x 1
  18. Takara

I will be in FO4, Starwars, and then the new Xcom coming out soon as well. I'm not sure I will play PS2 that much after that. Generally now days I log in to PS2 just to burn some time as it's the best choice at hand for killing time.
  19. Beerbeerbeer

I might try fall out 4. I played through Witcher 3 and enjoyed that.

But for all the fun those games may offer, they still can't beat the feeling of logging into PS, surrounded by 100 other real-life people wanting nothing more than to kill you.
  20. Takara

You must play NC :D