Planetside 2: Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hawken is better, Aug 23, 2013.

1. hawken is better

What annoys you the most about Planetside 2? I'll start:

1.) For whatever reason, all the fun, enjoyable bugs get patched within hours (ie: being able to cloak Liberators/Galaxies/Sunderers/etc), yet the same old annoying BS bugs have been here for months (multiple loading screens, UGBL not reloading from ammo packs, getting killed through the spawn room shield).

2.) People who kill you multiple times in a row, but not because they're better than you, it's because they keep on catching you at inopportune times (ie: kill 3 enemies in a row, the last guy comes flying around the corner and kills you when you have 3 bars of health left, rinse and repeat).

3.) Dying the moment you leave the spawn room.

4.) People who are afraid to fight you face to face and constantly run or log out to preserve their k/ds (SpectreNova, I'm looking at you).

5.) Getting TKed by idiots 3 seconds after you've already killed the enemy that everyone was attacking. It's almost like everyone runs on a 56k connection or something.

*AHEM* YOUR TURN.
    • Up x 5
  2. IamDH

I don't think being bombed by an invisible liberator is fun..
    • Up x 4
  3. Gammit

Friendlies who can't work cohesively:
    1. Just the other day I spawned a repair Sunderer and moved it to a group of friendly tanks that were smoking. I was soon fenced in by friendly vehicles. An enemy tank shows up and begins hitting me with its main gun at range while ignoring our tanks. Although it takes about one minute for my vehicle to get destroyed, during this time all friendly vehicles continue shelling a near-deserted courtyard instead of defending me. Makes me want to C4 one friendly vehicle to open the ring, get back into my Sunderer, and then drive away to safety.

2. I approach a building with a handful of friendly troops. I see two enemies in front of us, and one begins shooting at us. I'm the only one who returns fire. I kill the first enemy but the second enemy drops me while at minimal health. I then watch as another ally finishes the second enemy with 2-3 bullets, and then a parade of allies--including several medics who don't rez me--continue running past me and move into the building. Now when I see this happening, I just want to wait, move to the back of the line, let the herd in front of me die, and then proceed.
    • Up x 2
  4. TheBlindFreak

The only thing that comes to mind is when you look at the map during an alert (particularly ones that only span a single continent) and instead seeing a majority of our forces hitting up the objective, I see a 48+ zerg on the other end of our territory pushing towards something that we don't need. Like a zerg pushing towards an amp station when we need to hold bio labs during an alert. Then me and my platoon continue fighting for the alert and end up losing. Then later I see people on the forums whining about VS overpop.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ!

If they would focus on the objective, we would stand a chance at winning.

Edit: Oh yeah, and engi's that are too absorbed in shooting to drop ammo packs or heal nearby maxes.
  5. Metallic123

Not sure if you care or not but I'll go ahead and give you a heads up just in case. Calling other players out on the forums is against forum policy and can get your posting privileges revoked.
    • Up x 1
  6. KenDelta

1-My character Dying.
    2-My character Getting killed.
    3-Lock-on beeps while flying/driving around.
    4-My character Goin' 6feet under.
    5-My character Getting shot by strayfire.
    6-Getting a deathscreen of a BR1 using an Orion/T9Carv from +200meters.
    7-Inability to spam c4/mines/proxymines and frags.
  7. ironeddie

Getting tk'd not the complete accidents nor really the intentional ones at least it's on purpose. But the tk's where the other ally just needs to wake up a bit & think. So often I've seen an ally not being situationally aware, an enemy about to drop that ally but who hasn't seen me. I drop the enemy & my gun fire alerts the ally who spins around & only sees me & so without thinking kills me. I just saved your life buddy.

Your vehicle flipping over & blowing up due to a small rock or other terrain feature.

Dicks in other vehicles who instead of driving nicely in convoy, overtaking with a wide pass, ram into you & ram you off the road.

Spawn rooms.
    • Up x 1
  8. CaligoIllioneus

1 - Snipers (at least, the mediocre ones). They annoy me to no end. People padding their kdr while sitting in distant hills doing nothing for their team, that only serve the purpose of preventing you from staying still one second, or randomly making body shots which results in annoying downtime as you wait for the shields to go back up. Enemy snipers are annoying, and friendly snipers are annoying as well. Nothing beats trying to keep a Sundy alive while it is under attack, only to see a couple of friendly infiltrators spawning and running away to nearby hills instead of helping in any way.

2 - Lolpodders: This is more or less something that I carried over from the early days where ESF were completely unbalanced and the lolpodders farmed the ground to no end, including destroying MBTs in seconds. Right now they are more manageable and it takes more skill to fly in an ESF, but still even if it is my fault few deaths are more annoying than death by lolpod.

3 - Liberators: Same reason as lolpodders. There's something really annoying about dying to Dalton or Zephyr spam, especially when you're in a tank and the Dalton doesn't even make a sound, you just see big chunks of your HP disappearing.

4 - Spawn Fortresses, with their dedicated team of reverse spawn campers, especial mention to those that spam the UBGL. And especially those spawn fortresses that are quite exposed to the capture point or to whatever place you're attacking from, which lets some defenders contribute to the fight from complete safety.
    • Up x 1
  9. hawken is better

Ooooo ooooooooo

more MORE

1.) Getting killed by shotgun users. I went through my scrubgun phase, and I genuinely am ashamed of the 3,000 kills that I pulled with the NightHawk, and now I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of that nonsense. Christ that ish is annoying.

2.) Being singled out for a quick kill while being in a group of people. It never fails. Some random BR 5 will somehow manage to get into the middle of our 20+ group of people, and they will specifically target you and latch on like a ******* pit bull until you die. Of course, they only manage to die 1 second after they've already killed you.

3.) Generally idiotic teammates. So many times we could have retaken a point with a simple MAX crash, but no one wants to listen. Organizing a pubbie MAX crash is on par with rocket science in terms of difficulty.
  10. Klondik3

Yeah but you gotta admit that cloaked gunship is a pretty cool feature. This game lacks cool stuff, most weapons are pretty generic.
  11. Blazini

Devs who think mailing a faction shotgun heavy was a good idea for a game were most fights are outside at range.
  12. IamDH

I once suggested a invisible scout plane and everyone hated it because there was an OP one in PS1
  13. Noc65

I think the fixed servers is the one feature I have fundamental qualms with. I wish they would aspire to some manner of dynamic sharding system. While it may be disorienting to have 3 indars during peak hours, it would only be stopgap necessary until we get a few more continents.
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

too many to count, get some popcorn and enjoy the list:

- triple-loading & very long loading screens
    - certing into something expensive and then finding out it is totally useless (vehicle weapon reload time decrease, i am LOOKING AT YOU!)
    - alerts that your faction is never going to win (due to underpop, bad players, etc.)
    - getting revenge-killed by teammate after accidental teamkill
    - flying with liberator somewhere and getting insta-locked by whole platoons
    - flying with liberator somewhere and getting chased by ESF squads until death
    - flying with liberator to a target-rich place and finding out the (random) gunner is a total noob
    - waiting for infantry res to replenish
    - waiting for any vehicle res to replenish
    - losing a vehicle to an accident and then getting screwed by res cost or activation timer
    - losing a vehicle to a bad teammate (whether he did it on purpose or accidentally) and getting screwed again on res/acquisition timer
    - getting hammered by enemy aircraft when in the open with a tank and knowing there is no escape
    - getting spammed by invisible projectiles (striker, phoenix, AV mana turret, they usually all dont render for me)
    - running out of ammo on my tank when tons of targets are right in front of me waiting to be farmed
    - driving over tankmines hidden in high grass (yes, i like playing on ultra)
    - being lured into c4 ambushes where people insta-blow your character/vehicle up without warning
    - encountering this game's bugs and glitches
    - encountering fps slow-downs
    - bugfixes/hotfixes that break more than fix
    - occasional hit-registration issues and wtf-death-moments
    - and now the king of my pet-peeves: GETTING DISCONNECTED RIGHT IN COMBAT
  15. zib1911

what game do you play? outside? range?
  16. Stride

1) Voice chat. I turn my chat on for an hour until I soon realize why I turned it off originally. If its not some terrible player trying to command players via proximity chat its some ****** bagthat thinks hes funny by playing juster bieber songs during a biolab fight.

2) That friendly that ran in front of you and took literally one bullet to finish off. Sometimes they have the nerve to ask why you killed them and even try or succeed to kill you due to their own mistakes.

3) That medic that stands of your corpse for 30 seconds while you know for a fact you can be resurrected.

4) People that get in your gunner seat and shoot at ESF and gunships 300+ meters in the sky instead of the infantry and vehicles on the ground. This can be especially annoying when you are running vehicle stealth to stay off ESF or liberator radar or line up a MBT ambush.

5) That butt hurt guy on an ego trip that flips out when you kill him fair and square but as a result sends you 20 whispers and threatens to report you for hacking. Honestly, this can be funny at first when they send you a message but there are bipolar baddies out there that will whisper you till you block them.

6) You think you are a lone infiltrator in your little hiding spot until that one friendly guy sets down right next to you and starts firing off his lmg or carbine. "Hello dude I'm trying to not be seen here".

7) That guy in my outfit that frequently tries to tell people which class or vehicle they should currently be using even during our casual playtime. He is one of those guys that thinks he knows what hes doing but is really just a ****** bag that no one really respects enough to listen to. He probably has some sort of real life insecurities and compensates by trying to be a virtual commander.
  17. Sovereign533

basicly dropping dead from seeing a Vanu =\
    and i mean that literally, they drop me like a ******* stone >_<

and the utter uselessness of the Gauss Rifle S in CQC (hipfire is so inaccurate you can't hit the broad side of a barn with it while moving around it trying to evade it's fire)
  18. Lagavulin

The arrogance of people who pontificate about how others should be playing the game.

Oh, and endless vehicle spam.
  19. Campagne

In no particular order:
    1. A bunch of things already said
    2. Planes of all types (When air vs. ground)
    3. Infiltrators with SMGs/full-auto scout rifles
    4. When I flip my flash
    5. When I flip my harasser
    6. When I flip my sunnderer
    7. When medics don't heal me/after a revive
    8. Sliding down terrain and/or "bouncing" of a high place
    9. Invisible walls
    10. Being outnumbered by tanks alone
    11. Having no one thank me when I give them ammo/repairs/health
    12. Losing an alert in less than ten minutes
    13. Having the game tell me: "Come on, we're losing this!" or similar phrase
    14. No one giving me ammo when I need and ask for it
    15. MAX crashes
    16. "You may not exit the vehicle as all exits are blocked"
    17. Getting vehicles stuck in trenches
    18. The five or so bugs with the infiltrator's cloak
    19. The three or so bugs with scope wobble and holding your breath with a scope
    20. Death screens
    21. Massive lag spikes out of nowhere
    22. Hackers
    23. Exploiters
    24. Character limit when typing messages/reports
    25. Fully automatic shotguns
    26. Underbarrel grenade launchers
    27. Having nothing but shotguns for the only faction I play
    27. CQC ADAD hipfire spraying
    28. Long reload times
    29. When no enemies face me like a man (or woman)
    30. When no allies support me/other allies
    31. When I'm the only one who leaves the spawn room
    32. Trying to use a jetpack
    33. When not a single person on the entire server notices a spawn beacon but me
    34. When teammates shoot my mines
    35. When grenades bounce and roll away from enemies (typically in your direction)
    36. Enemies' dumb luck (especially when they don't even realise it)
    37. Enemies with high levels of nanoweave armour
    38. Sunnderer and harasser turrets without zoom optics
    39. Being hit and killed by allies in vehicles
    40. When an ally drives past you in a vehicle with open seats and ignores your transport requests
    41. When there are no good battles anywhere on the server
    42. When spotting an enemy doesn't work until the fifth attempt
    43.Being singled-out by an enemy while in a group
    44. When players taunt after they kill someone in a way that required no skill and/or that they barely survived
    45. When teammates stand in front of a generator that is about to explode
    46. When teammates shove their head right in front of me when I shoot
    47. Falling off of bridges
    48. Voice chat
    49. Having teammates kill me intentionally
    50. Strikers
    51. Extra long loading screens
    52. Double loading screens
    53. Triple loading screens
  20. isaidhi3

Not being able to stop ghost caps because you can't redeploy fast enough..........