Planetside 2 Pet Peeves! Post yours!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Earthman

I'd prefer that this be for levity instead of actual rage, so "DAY ONE BUGS FIX THEM" canned rage need not be posted here. For relevant actually-broken-and-fixable issues, I'm sure there's already a thread for each of them.

This is more about quirks/irritations in game, often from other players but not exclusive to them.

I'll start.
    1. (Finally, a non-area-voice one!) The guy who runs in front of your chaingun. While you're already firing it. And is surprised at what happens.
    2. Jumping into a sunderer that's got gunners and passengers! And... the guy wanders off some random place and sort of gets stuck in a narrow ditch. And leaves.
    3. Throwing a grenade with a clear arc in mind, but as you do some guy runs in front of it and it bounces off his helmet and into your squad. :(
    4. People who play screechy/crappy "music" in area voice.
    5. People who have nasal/lispy voices in area voice.
    6. People who say the same command/suggestion over and over and over and over again in area voice to the point that it becomes a hypnotic mantra. Example: "move the sunderer move the sunderer move the sunderer move the sunderer move the sunderer"
    • Up x 4
  2. Killuminati C

Well #'s 3 and 6 are my biggest pet peeves so you beat me to it already.

There's nothing quite like getting blamed for fragging friendlies when someone just doesn't understand the concept of firing lanes.

Oh and, "Medic Medic Medic Medic Medic" Shut the hell up already! I wonder if any of these people that spam prox voice chat ever recover from their douchbaggery and wonder why nobodies responding to them when in reality they've been muted at one time or another by half their server.
  3. Earthman

As a slight addition to Killuminati C's pet peeves, I hate when people say "medic" or something like it in this tired, sighing, yawning voice while also repeating it. It makes me want to reach through the screen and slap the sleepy guy. Or at least point him toward his bed.
  4. Cindercase

My list of pet peeves in order:
    1: your #3, I don't know how many times I've ****** my squad cause my conc grenade bounced off another heavy or max.
    2: Doing an alert or squad event and an area needs back up right that instant......and theres like 6-7 people in wargate using platoon chat to talk tech or something .
    3: "ZOMG TR/NC/VS are OP"
    4:Getting run over while I'm in the middle of the road....gaud why can't they learn to drive on the sidewalk (joke).
    5:running over someone in the middle of the road and getting a tell: "You dumb*** why the **** did you run me over"
    6:Infiltrators, but I'll get over it.
  5. Spartan101

#1: Crying Forumsiders: Specifically those complaining with false information, misleading comments or lack of understanding about this issue. I'm looking at you Striker whiners.
    #2: Pump-action Shotguns: As much as i understand their need for their OHK properties, i still feel as though they are a cheap weapon to use.
    #3: Medics who cant rez: Im not talking about in the heat of battle where there's only one medic running around. But when theres >5 medics in a mostly safe area who dont rez when i know i should still be rezable
    • Up x 1
  6. EMCONAlpha

I'm a VS Mag tanker sooooooo....

1. Fellow VS Engineers trying to rep me when I'm taking damage. Not that I don't appreciate it, but you always manage to pick the one moment I really need to strafe/back up and get ran over by me in the process. Sorry guys...
    2. Bad Mag drivers. The ones that drive under me using mag boost, flipping me over and making go kersplode.
    3. ESF's and Libs that catch me in the open field, away from everyone and having no buisness being over the top of me raining hot death. Half the time I just stop to make it easier on them, not like I can run away in tank.
    4. See #2 but change it to Lightnings.
    5. Hills that area allllmmoossttt climbable.

I drive a Magrider, I don't have much to complain about :)
    • Up x 1
  7. SuBs

Insultingly awful reloading animations.

Nauseating recycling of old weapon parts to make utterly generic looking 'new' weapons which are then put on the cash store for way too much dosh.

Insultingly awful vehicle physics.

Insultingly awful base design.

Thematically out of place, thoughtless, passionless and just plain lazy cosmetic item art design. Flamin' skull hood ornaments and hockey masks do not belong in the Planetside universe.

And of course: The choosing of the slogan "Size always matters" over the vastly superior "For Land. For Power. Forever." The marketing berk who chose that slogan over the latter needs taking out back and... uhm, too far... Never mind. Let's just put it this way: A decent, smart marketing brain that individual most assuredly does not posses.

That said, the future looks bright for this game thanks to the incoming cross continental metagame and the massive resource revamp. If they get those right, none of the things I've listed above will matter to me any more... I'll be happy to overlook them... Except base design.
  8. WyrdHarper

NS Weapons. I like faction asymmetry, and it's always weird to see NS weapons aesthetically. Whenever I get killed by them I always feel like the user looks silly, too; they have a weird aesthetic.
  9. Mr_Giggles

OP covered most of mine.

#1 Friendlies diving in the path of my gun when I'm already shooting. I think a good third of my deaths are a result of a friendly taking all the bullets for the bad guy and the bad guy gets 2 kills out of it.

#2 Pulling a lib, landing to pick up my gunner, and promptly flipping. (This appears to be the result of landing too hard and the front gear goes through the world)

#3 Ending up with mumbles the random gunner when my guy isn't on.

#4 Music players aren't too bad. Music players who are being covered by friends so you can't Q-mute them are.

#5 The engineer who sets up his turret right in front of yours.
  10. asdfPanda

Grenade physics. They feel like beach balls to me currently.

The lack of combat tools Light Assault has. It should be as effective as a Heavy Assault in engagements.
    • Up x 2
  11. Dark82

1. People who run me over (especially on my own team). I think that more than half of the people who run me over do it on purpose. I wasn't looking both ways, but I looked on my radar. I saw how the vehicle swerved towards me.
    2. Low FPS in the middle of a firefight
    3. Intentional teamkillers
    3. People who spam "Heal Me!" or "Repair Me!" in voice chat when there is a voice macro that gives an indicator to who wants to be healed or repaired. I guess I could understand a once-time revive me voice chat when dead
    • Up x 1
  12. ST4LK3R

Not in any order:
    1. People who play music in area voice especially at the warpgate while I'm giving/listening instructions to/from sqd/plt leaders,assemble and move out.
    2. People who can't shut up on sqd/plt voice chat (respective sub-channels on TS) when sqd/plt leader's speaking. (Just lead a semi-pub squad last night after along break and oh the horror!)
    3. People who don't relocate when they are told to because they are either a) too busy farming b) #
    4. Refused to get on TS when they are told to and complain about not using in-game voip which often breaks a lot.
    5. 6ft 5in (~195cm) tall Navy Seals who put "Elite", "Tactical" and "Spec Ops" in their squads. (Go play your CoD, you kids and egotistical manchild.)
    6. "VS is OP lawlz. They can full auto @ 100m cuz they haz no bulletdrop." and the same for other factions too.
    7. Getting teabagged especially by enemy max.
    8. Last but not least, that one blueberry who's always there when I spawn my harasser/sundy/mag. He/she'd get in my vehicle and just start to fire.
    and a lot of other things. These days, I turn off my in-game voip and only use TS when I'm in squad.
  13. Killuminati C

Oh and one more. When I drop a prox mine in a perfectly reasonable spot and like 10 mins later hostiles move in and assault the base when I'm long gone and I get 4 or 5 TK notifications :( (this has happened a couple of times and it bothers me cause I'm very careful not to TK).

This I don't mind with the exception of the NS LMG. Doesn't the size of the magazine look way too exaggerated? It's seems almost as long as the gun. It's just an uglier version of the Anchor as far as I'm concerned. But the concept in general is okay to me as you'll have to pry my NS-11, Annihilator, and Bursters from my cold dead hands.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheBloodEagle

1/12 Sunderers driving away from a group of friendlies, ditching them.
  15. tralalog

im done with pressing insert to join a squad. i always end up at some random base and having to commute and hope to not die along the way
  16. ComradeHavoc

Being out performed by a lower BR player when he has an uncerted firearm which is better than your fully certed fire arm.

._.
  17. Necron

Harassers get tank-like weapons AND armour AND can go 100 KM per hour. The need to give up something for that speed. I think they need a HP nerf.
    • Up x 4
  18. PapaPetro

#1) Medic gun healing some guy with full health instead of the dead guy that the gun is pointed at.

#2) "Heal me! HEAL ME!" in proximity chat. Type v, then hit 2, then deal with it like everyone else.

#3) Having to constantly play a medic because of 10 FPS in big fights...
    • Up x 1
  19. biterwylie

#1 Striker

#2 Poor FPS

#3 SOE Claiming that they are optimizing when in fact all they are doing is trying to reduce numbers in one continent.
  20. CaligoIllioneus

They did get better with the aesthetics, the last helmets and the vehicle exteriors, for example, are good and fit the game. But if it was up to me I'd just remove all those awful, awful skull helmets. I hate seeing players wearing them running around. Especially some VS skull helmets that look like they have blushing cheeks....and I repeat, skull helmets in the Vanu Sovereignity. So unfitting.

So yes, pet peeves, skull helmets, MLG decals, and such things that clash horribly with the Planetside universe.
    • Up x 2