Planetside 2 Performance guide (only settings that actually do something)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Exchequer, Dec 4, 2012.

1. BenYeeHua

Sorry about that, just facing some personal issues this week...:(
    ----
    Yes, I can change the priority of PlanetSide2.exe.
  2. kevinkoh

Hi i tried to Overclock my E8400 from 3.0Ghz to 3.6 Ghz.

Manged to push from 12FPS in big battles to ~ 24-30FPS(much more playable)

But the problem is my game freezes every 10 for about 1-2 seconds, cant play with the game freezing like this.

When i revert the overclocking changes, the freezeing problem goes away, any solutions? my MB is Asus P5Q-EM.
  3. lordlavell

Probably shouldn't drag up old threads like this but you could try upping the votage or dropping the clock to improve stability depending on temperatures. Also disable a feature called EPU in the bios if it's not already.
  4. Cubian

Followed some instructions with the CPU usage. I have arround 30Fps in large Battles and my CPU is only on 35-40% usage.... Is there anything i can change so my CPU "cares" more about Planetside 2?
  5. thisiswar88

Forcing vsync on in the control panel has the exact same smoothness as having adaptive enabled but without the screen tearing. Having driver vsync on is better than adaptive imo. Just make sure you turn in game vsync off.
  6. KnightCole

So in game, if you see GPU that means your GPU is whats slowing you down? And if it says CPU thats your CPU slowing you down? I have had it saying CPU the last couple days. My CPU is a x3 core, like 2.44mhz or something like that. My video card is a radeon 5770 or something..

Prolly my CPU giving me most the fits. Gunna have to use some of these tweaks to really get the game running well....cuz the dying to dead guys is annoying lol.
  7. Irathi

Yes the displayed part is the currently slowest one keeping your FPS from going up.

This guide is really good at showing which settings affect fps the most, it is meant for Nvidia users, but I think it will be usefull for AMD as well;

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/planetside-2-tweak-guide#1

I think in short you should;
    • turn off shadow
    • turn off fog shadow
    • reduce particles to medium or lower.
    • turn off ambient occlusion
    • set all other settings to medium
    • reduce render distance to 1000, or lower, some say as low as 500 works for them (but i'd stay 1000 or above).
    • reduce render quality if needed after doing all the above steps.
    • OC your CPU - disclaimer; do some research first on safe temperatures / OC levels.
  8. DK22

I don't think overclocking your girlfriends processor is going to help.
  9. Dunkarooo

Take a look at the dedotated wam. It will solve your problem without a doubt.

10. DK22

Oh God, I need a Doctor, call 911.....
  11. KnightCole

Yeah, I always turn off shadows, put lighting to low, particles to low, terrain and other graphics stuff ot low, keep textures and models at medium. I lower render distance to 1000 or 750.
  12. NosFox

What can I do with a laptop with intel core i5-337U , 4Gb memory and intel graphics HD4000? Next to my FPS count it says CPU all the time.
  13. HUNTERANGEL121

Yeah. The game is CPU bound for everyone I know lol
    I've got a 3770, CPU bound everywhere.
    How is your game running?