Planetside 2 on PC or Ps4????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ximaster, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Ximaster

I have PC atm but im a bad player with no more than a K/D ratio of 0.80 and of course im better player at those games on consoles,but i have some weapons builded on PC version and would be a bad idea to not use those weapons,so my idea is:

Build a Ps4 or:

Upgrade my computer.

What i would do????
  2. Pelojian

what are your computer specs and budget? knowing what you have will provide potential posters with an insight on what you have that is good, what you have that needs improvement.
  3. Movoza

It depends, but if I where you I would go to the consoles.
    You state that consoles are where your strength is. The consoles have a different gameplay, which is more similar between people as most (all?) cheats are unavailable (.ini tampering or 3rd party programs). Also people have more similar experiences, as framerate, foliage, smoke and all that is practically the same on every console. Also, if you plan to do this game a long time, it would be better for you to be on a platform you like. The PC version is your lesser and just having some weapons already won't trump a better experience.
    K/D isn't everything and I would suggest not looking at it (or not too much), but having a great experience often means that you want to reach at least some level of skill. So go to the console for your better experience!

I myself am a FPS on PC guy. Grew up with the PC from the moment shooters came out. The speed and freedom (and no auto aim gimmicks) from the computer are what keep me going. still I wish that the performance is locked more like consoles. It used to be that people had more or less the same experience on the computer, but with catering to high and low computers in this high technology age, the experience has changed to much between players. Also the self limiting to gain a better experience (removing foliage, smoke, etc.) is a thorn in my eyes. Why not have everyone play with smoke and foliage, so everyone has the same tactical options? Why not have the same beautiful particles flying around that might distract you, but do give a wonderful experience and are an extra tactical layer, even if it is so small? But still, PC all the way.
  4. AxiomInsanity87

I switched to console because the competitive edges on pc butchered my experience. I didn't script though.

The ui is crap, the fps is crap, the graphics are not as good (they're on high setting with effects on) but i'm having more fun than I've ever had on the pc.

I'd say console. Play actual pc quality games like Arma 3, TW rts, mmo's etc on pc and play console quality games on console, which ps2 now is.

The pc version is by far more run and gun cod style. People are actually more tactical on ps4 and there's no /suicide and all that crap. I know that may shock you, but it's true. Battles are far more fun as well due to everyones lack of mouse level accuracy, such as not getting sniped the moment you stand still. Evading works as pinpoint accuracy is impossible. Guns handle more like guns whereas on pc it's arcadey as hell, especially with macros.

Being able to actually walk how fast you want is also nice rather than just walk or run. You can't 180 headshot people as controllers limit turn rate and aim, making positioning and awareness more important.

It's far more immersive than pc. It is worth noting that fps is low, ui is sht, graphics aren't as good, but it's more fun in many respects.
  5. CorporationUSA

Probably less or no hackers on PS4. But I personally would rather come across a few hackers than play an FPS on a gamepad again. I did that for too many years, and now that I've switched to PC, there is no going back.
  6. DooDooBreff

and by more tactical im sure you mean more camping, while they struggle to aim with those crappy stick things
    • Up x 2
  7. AxiomInsanity87

Kind of yeah. People aren't running around non stop like it's cod (ironically). The fights are much more methodical and progressive.

The controllers aren't so bad that people struggle, it's just that the recoil is less manageable, which gives guns more of a feel rather than the toy gun feel on pc. The vibration adds far more feel to the game as well.
  8. xMaxdamage

console controllers are bad for FPS games, aim assist is there to say it no matter what people will tell you.

you don't need to spend a shatload of money to get a PC that runs the game on full HD ultra settings at an higher framerate that PS4 (less than 30 most of the times)

If console FPS players weren't so dumb to BAN people with better controllers instead of use it (just like any other competitive gaming community does) console FPS could be a good thing, but it's not.
  9. AxiomInsanity87

Ps4 is now welfare cheap mate.

299 quid. So many newbs will join after Christmas mwuahahaha.