Planetside 2 memberships

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nejcc1716

How about adding paysafecard option? It would be nice, thanks ;)
  2. Adept

Okay.. I've been trying to get membership since christmas time and now I've succeeded.

What I needed to do is ... set up the account info. No kidding!
    Added my name, zip code, the secret question for password recovery and verified e-mail.. and now suddenly it worked like a charm.

The funny thing is that the info above, I think I've already provided once. In fact my publicly used name was marked as in use - tried to re-enter since it's been blank.
    Maybe there's been some kind of update I've missed?

FYI I've tried to fix up a membership with support around christmas time - bank was blamed, bank blamed SOE.

In any case.. check your account info and make sure stuff is populated and e-mail is verified!

Good Luck!
    • Up x 1
  3. SterlingLee

One word, PAYPAL!!!!!
    Can't believe I can buy SC with PayPal, but can't pay for membership.
    • Up x 1
  4. Schwarzpferd

Good deal...I know in ps 1 it was mandatory and I had to quit the game twice because of job loss. Glad I have a f2p option should that happen again, but until then since you guys fixed all the balance issues that frustrated me greatly with ps1 I subscribed fairly quickly.

Well said, being a member doesn't make one better than everyone else...being vanu, however, does. :)
    • Up x 1
  5. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Vanu rocks man!
  6. jelf

So if I subscribe for say 12 months, do I pay the money of 12 months immediately(9.99x12) or I only have to pay 9.99 per month for 12 months?

And if I cancel after 3 months, do I have to pay for the remaining 9 months?
  7. Kediec

You pay for the 12 months immediately, that is why it works out at a discounted subscription because your buying your game time in bulk upfront, not month to month.
    If you buy a 12 months subscription ( which you pay the full amount for right away ) and choose to cancel after 3 months, because you paid for the 12 months in advance, you will still have 9 months of membership remaining.
    How-ever, you will lose the 500 SC per month that is granted for keeping your account on auto renewal.

If you only want to pay monthly, then you would need to set up a Monthly Subscription.
    • Up x 1
  8. Gary

If you subscribe for 12 months you pay the entire 12 months upfront! it is however a discounted price and works out cheaper then paying for 1 month or 3 months at a time.

During these 12 months ensure you keep auto renewal active to get 500 station cash each month. If you cancel your membership plan you will still have the remaining time left on the account so after 3 months if you cancel the plan you still get 9 months more since it is already payed for.

What you do lose if you cancel the plan, or cancel auto renewal is the 500 station cash per month! This is because the staton cash is not a perk for being a member but for keeping auto renewal active!

• Up x 1
  9. jelf

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So say I keep auto renewal on, does that mean after the 12th month if I forgot to cancel it, it'll take 9.99x12 from my card automatically?

And what if my card's expire date is within that 12 months? Does it still count as auto renewal on if my card as expired?

Thanks.
  10. Gary

Yes, If you forget to cancel on the date of renewal it will bill you for the next 12 months!

Not sure what happens if your card expires.
  11. Muppet1996

So how is paypal comming along? :cool: Still waiting since launch.
    • Up x 1
  12. Rusky

When does the 500 monthly SC get added ? I've not received any for the current month.

I've had my 12 month sub active since mid Jan, to be honest I didn't check if i actually got the rest of the SC either, any way I can do that ?
  13. Tsai Ying

Hi,

i subscribed for 1 month only, then decided to go for 12 months. The 12 months over-written the 1 month. Is this the mechanic? Or do I get 13 months? :D

Thank you
  14. Striff88

^ I am in the same boat.

I signed up for a 3 month sub that expires in April (I have 1 month left). I want to upgrade to the 6 month, but I will end up loosing a month in the process. Is there any way to get refunded for the month that I have left on the 3 month?
  15. Muppet1996

So do you want the money or not SOE? I can't even pay with a credit card, common give us a proper payment system. And not the crap that it is right now.
    • Up x 1
  16. HITMAN82

Is this still the '90s? Come one SOE, catch up to the new millennium, everyone else offers PayPal subs.
  17. Huitzilo

If I get membership, is it a recurring bill? Because I bought it one month. The next month I found another month of membership charged to my credit card. Where is the cancel button? HUH?! I went to your so called "Account Billing" section and it's gone. "Error- No longer available" What kind of service is SOE running? Are they the new AOL? Gotta hide the leave service button???
  18. Craigr910

Ok this question may of been asked a lot but I cant seem to find it. I want to get Membership , 12 Months as it seems the best deal however it says that (in uk currency) I will be billed £77.88 monthly does that mean I will pay £77.88 a month or do I pay the full amount up front and then I don't have to pay anything again until it comes up for renewal?
  19. Cyeberia

^^^^^^ This, this, many times this.

Followed this advice and it worked. SOE customer support: Take note and advise your on-the-phone customer service guys to get people to do this. It will save many, many hours of frustration with customers calling you and their banks.

If you get a "sorry, your card company has said you can't use your card for this type of transaction" error, DO THIS!
  20. Stronzo

Unfortunatly, SoE has not shown in thier advertisement. If you purchase multiple months with a station cash card and then activate what they consider a reaccuring subscription it will NOT count as an active reaccuring untill it comes off the debit/credit card you submitted. im hoping this will be cleared up as i would see someone constently paying with a station cash card as reaccuring payment, but thats just me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.