PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Faze

Hmmm outofmemory.txt - I have one of these with a time matching one of my recent 0xc0000005 exception code (access violation) crashes that started after GU09.

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    Intel Core i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache)
    8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X T1 DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz
    240GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD
    6GB GeForce GTX Titan
    Display resolution 2560x1440
    Windows 7 64-bit

2. Kozmyk

NVidia 320.18 was causing me lots of crashes.
    I went back to 320.14, also removed NVidia Experience just in case.
    Crashing has stopped.
  3. TAGEMBAGEM

last patch fixed the issue for me..
    no more crash report on logout...
    still waiting to crash while gaming..tho
  4. MightQuinn

then why are 64 bit users getting the same thing... like me.
  5. MightQuinn

I'm still getting these crashes. kind of randomly though. sometimes hours sometimes instantly. Why the **** is there o sticky tech support thread regarding these things? I have 7 64 bit. and plenty of computer and net. I should have no problems and it's obviously coming from the games side. FIX IT FOR ***** SAKE!
  6. tj2spike

everytime I pull a veh or in a veh it is crashing.I Just downgraded Nivida drivers from 320.18 to 320.14 going to go back to 314.22.

But this is the game POOOOOORRRR coding in these patches and last update is even worse.
  7. AstroCat

GU10 = crashing still happening. Same as since GU7-4/24 patch. Wonder if it ever will be fixed?
  8. Blackmage1237

I get the crashes every time a explosion is near me so annoying i cant even get in my own lighting -_-
  9. Alchonis

So many people with this game breaking issue, what a disgrace to PC first person shooters this game is.
    And some people wonder why we moan about this game, the one bit of good news is that if they want to bring this game to console(PS4) then they will have no choice as they will HAVE to fix everything that is complained about regularly on these forums.
  10. wrenched

Download 8 gig to try this game again.

Both attempts, crashes to desktop after 10-20 minutes.

I feel so stupid thinking SOE could do this properly ><
  11. G3arfried

I dont know why ppl spend money on this bs game. Half the time you cant even play due to crashes and nothing has been done about it. We are given a bull **** copy/paste thing on every thread and support tic. There are less and less ppl on when i can get in the game. Also another stupid thing is that sometimes i get on to play lets say vanu but game crashes on loading screen then i switch to tr or nc and the game works. I thought it would be the map but nope... This crash and not being able to play the faction you want is pretty bs. I mean if you dont want ppl playing your game and feeding you money why the **** would you make a game. SOE is known for crap support in ALL of its game as far as i have seen. SOE equals the pc version of activision. Barley any support for its games lul.
  12. Katayamma

Because it's a 32bit application and still limited to about 3G of memory.

They need to build a 64bit version for the adults in the gaming world (adults being 64bit users) so this thing won't keep running out of memory.
  13. TheMappers

My Pc does the same. It has I7 quad core 2.85ghz, 1GB Nvidia 285GT, and 12GB of RAM. It does take the mick its so annoying!!!
  14. Kris Patel

That is so incorrect, I am running the game on the lowest graphical settings, WINDOWS 64BIT with 16 GIGABYTES and I'm still getting this problem, it is the most annoying thing to happen while trying to take out enemy aircraft

Please fix or at least acknowledge the problem properly and find the proper cause, every other one of my steam games works perfectly

and yes i have got the latest drivers and updates, i built this gaming computer with my bare hands
  15. Varacka

This i believe is your issue. I've been doing some reading and gonna test it myself in a little bit. Seems the last 2 (3 if the new 326.42 drivers that got released this morning do the same) are causing the crashes. I've had similar issues with a couple other games I play. Though this game has been the worst.
  16. Kris Patel

17. Basler Jones

44 PAGES OF A THREAD ABOUT A CRASH ERROR,in my case planetside 2 doesnt even crash,it close with no reason,and its not gpu overheating because my country and blablablabla (people said that to me,and that is not true,that is ********,it did not overheated i did not....oh hi mark) if SOE doesnt fix this,it sure gonna be on some serius problems

EVEN EA GAMES FIX CRASH ERRORS LIKE THAT EVEN E A GAMES DO YOUR READ THIS EVEN EA

well,i am pissed,i gonna kill a cat because that
    • Up x 1
  18. NaniteSystems

This is the reason why I've stopped playing this game.
    • Up x 1
  19. Darth-Siren

The stupid thing for me is, the game still crashes it started on the GU 08... i always tried after a new GU but they dont get the bug... i mean i played the game from the beginning and dont have that problem... now i always try it GU after GU but it wont patched -.-

System = Win 7 x64
    Graphic = GTX 660 (Nvidia)
    Processor = i5-3570 (4x 3,4 GHz)
    RAM = 8GB (Corsair i think)

What i sayed... i build this PC for PS2 and now i cant play without problems after some GU's this really begin to suck. I just want to play the game...

Can anyone help with this? Probally someone from SOE?
  20. Saviourself

Still happening after the latest patch.

Win 7 64 bit
    i73820 (3.6 Ghz)
    12 gig of RAM
    SLI 680 GTX 4 gig @ 6080x1200 (at least they finally implemented surround)

No OC's, running the 314.22 drivers, graphics settings cut back (despite being able to run the game no problem regardless of the rez/details), all other games stable.

Also noted that after the current patch, I started to get a hitch/stutter (like missed frames) but only when on foot. Driving a vehicle or operating a turret is perfectly smooth.

Crash is a black screen with a sound stutter, then sound resumes normally, monitors go in to standby mode and the system has to be hard reset.

Inexcusable for this memory leak BS to still exist...