PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Phaze

Thing is... I thought I had a very stable OC on my system.

I didn't want to be a jack@ss, but for quite a while I've been one of those people that could play @ 1920x1080 with a mix of ultra and high settings and even in the largest of fights was still seeing mid 30's FPS and hardly ever having a crash issue.. maybe once every couple of days.

I don't know if it came with the game update... or from something else... but it definitely has something to do with the Bio Labs. I can create it almost on demand... even totally empty Bio Labs... I just go there, run around... jump... shoot... reload... whatever.. then very shortly - FREEZE.
  2. Dtswiss

Yes with cpu back to 3.3 ghz and gfx not overclock I get the same problem.

Hmmm I have an small 80gb ssd but this game ain't on it, only has bf 3 and far cry on it
  3. KiwiEffecT

come on guys get this **** sorted, im starting to get really pissed off by this. i NEVER crashed during beta but since a few patches ago after release its been dodgy and now with the last patch half the time i crash befor i even get out of the warpgate ffs... at least let us know whats going on.
  4. Teleos Rix

I rarely crashed before this last patch, if you exclude the silly crash on exit thing, which doesnt matter to me. This patch I crash about every 5-10 minutes. Exit tank and try to switch weapons? Crash. Drop tank mine and enter tank? Crash. Reload weapon? Crash. Spawn tank? Crash.

Its getting kind of ridiculous, especially when I just spawn a tank and game crashes right then or when I get in the tank. Wastes my resources and gives me a cool down. Annoying considering I live for hours in my tanks usually, yet I cant seem to keep them at all because of the crashes.

My rig:

Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
    16 GB 1866 RAM
    AMD FX 8150 (Run it at the stock 3.6-4.2 Ghrz unless I need more power, which is rare)
    Sapphire 6850 1 GB 256 Bit
    4 Standard HDD 2 External HDD (Game is on separate HDD than OS)

EDIT: Graphic Card Typo
  5. ERR0R

I realized today, after installing PS2 from the SOE launcher instead of from Steam, that I still had some files from the beta left on my computer. I'd like everyone to make sure that their C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 Beta folder is deleted. I have no idea if this will help crashing, but it can't hurt to make sure all the Beta files have been completely removed.

EDIT: I had run the uninstaller for the Planetside 2 Beta, but apparently over 9 gigabytes of data was left behind.
  6. Poisonated

I'm just so confused at what could be causing the crashes... I get the crashes, but I've always had them even though I shouldn't be getting them. =/
  7. Bluenos3

Your list must be huge, its been 3 weeks since you replied and still the problem persists
  8. TheTwizzler

This is bullS*** had this issue all though beta and thought, nay prayed it would be gone for release and it was... for awhile.

Back to crashing every 5 - 10 minutes no error code given , after the latest patch.

pathetic, move forward not backwards...
  9. Temple

More of this followed by 0 FPS then crash...Great job on the new "patch"
  10. D3mux

I've heard a lot of ppl suffering of these crashes continously.
    I never had a crash since the launch, and the last patch increased the game performance a lot to me (always over 50fps also during battles), especially in cpu usage.
    I post my conf just for reference, also check all your installed drivers:
    Q9550 @4Ghz
    Asus P5Q3
    AMD HD7950 - Cata 12.11b11
    2x4GB DDR3
    256GB Samsung 830 SSD
    Win 7 Pro

I suggest u all to check video drivers and look for strange errors or warning in windows register.
    Also i have disable desktop composition for PlanetSide2.exe executable, but it dont crash also with it..
    Oh, and Steam is not new to application conflicts, i downloaded the game through steam but i always run the client from the game launcher, never from steam.
  11. Makkie

Me as well, not just me, but the majority of my outfit at the same time. possible ping of death-like issue?
  12. FunnyDeath89

:( same problem.
  13. Ptur

This is like russians says "Мыши кололись и плакали, но продолжали жрать кактус", what`ta hell, SOE can`t remove malloc issue ??? They spend money for promotion, and gamers collide with crashes, bags ang optimisation issues ??? Да дебилы они
  14. jsezawich

I am having the same issue, however, the crash/freeze randomly happens after about 30-40 minutes and it happens every single time I play this game. Makes it really hard to give this game a chance when a technical problem such as this still exists after a month of people like us posting about the same issue on various forums. I have also submitted a ticket, blah blah blah.

Here are my specs (obviously well above "recommended" so what gives?)
    Windows 7 Premium 64
    Intel i7-3820
    ASUS P9X79
    Radeon HD 7970
    16GB G.Skillz 1600
  15. DumarDomar

Got the same problem too.
    Windows XP Professional 32bit
    MAX Win XP RAM (2.75 GB) (4 GB DDR2 800)
    AMD Phenom II X3 740 BE
    Nvidia 640 GT 1GB
  16. ERR0R

You might want to try the 32 bit OS fix first.
  17. DumarDomar

What fix?!?!?!
  18. DumarDomar

Thanks ERR0R I just needed to google "/3GB Switch"
  19. Axe780

same problem. this game has some serious fps/lag/crashing issues.
  20. ERR0R

Yeah, sorry for replying so late. I saw your message earlier when I was on my phone, but for some reason if I try to access the forums from my phone it says my IP is banned. Hopefully the 32bit fix works for you or at least gives you more play time before you crash..