PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Nec3

Okay. I'm going to bump this thread because I'm having the same issue. I upgraded my PC just to play this game on high settings, Sony. The upgrades involved everything with RAM so don't tell me I don't have enough GPU ram, or RAM in general. I have done no overclocking whatsoever, and I fear that I can not overclock because there's no confirmation whether it could be an overclocking issue.
    I also seriously doubt it's a heat issue because my CPU maxes out at 36 degrees celcius while playing, with the GPU at 48 degrees celcius max. Power should not also be an issue because 750w should be enough for my current specs.

I hard crash after 20 minutes of gameplay, usually involving the BRRR crashes and a black screen. Requiring me to power on and off, the reset switch does not work.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera
    RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7860 2GB OC
    SSD/HDD: ADATA 128gb / Momentus XT 500Gb
    MOBO: GA-970a-D3
    PSU: Antec 750w 80plus
  2. TheStratovarian

Same deal as Nec3. Its random when, but im always going to since the patch within an hour.
    CPU: Amd Phenom II x4 945
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: AMD Radeon 7770
    HDD: Western Digital 500gb
  3. Nexus7

Ditto!!!

Patch...System...Specs...Agitated...

Let's bump this every 15min until we get a response!
  4. micha04ilm

PS2 worked fine for me, until today... after the patch, the game crashes not every 10-15mins its more like every 2mis.

CPU: i5 2500k
    GPU: GTX 670
  5. Strifei

Same here, never had this ever happen since the release of the game until today after the mini patch, the game now crashes every 2 - 15 minutes

CPU: i5 3570k clocked at 4.3ghz
    GPU: 6870 just a little bit overclocked.

I have run the game with the system overclocked and the default non overclocked settings to make sure, same thing.
  6. Skaldir

Exactly the same problem, the game run smoothly, but keep crashing for no apparent reason.
  7. Phattie

Mine has been crashing all the time since this new, ******, untested patch went live. No point giving my system specs, everyone else has been posting theirs and it's quite clear you won't be able to palm the blame off onto some miscellaneous piece of hardware or software as it's affecting everybody. My game just crashed after 20-30 minutes of gameplay, logged back in and it crashed 2 seconds after spawning for the first time. A new record I suspect.

Seriously, how unprofessional do you think this makes you look? There might as well be a bunch of apes testing this **** as they'd get just as much mileage as the people who "tested" this patch.
  8. Driad13

Okay I was having the same crashes every 10-20 minutes, so I went ahead and uninstalled all of my video drivers and updated them, now I have a AMD Radeon HD6570, and I updated the drivers to the 12.8 patch not to the 12.10 patch.
    It seems to have fixed the problem, I played for two hours yesterday until the servers went down for maintenance.

I will be playing some more and will update you who are interested.
  9. ERR0R

Unfortunately, two hours might not be enough play to experience the crash. I've reinstalled my drivers several times as well as the game with no luck. Sometimes I can play for 2 hours without crashing - sometimes it's 5 minutes.
  10. ERR0R

Has anyone tried formatting and reinstalling Windows?
  11. ClusterBomb

There is no way it is our computers. SoE just don't want to admit they have stuffed up this game. They even missed a whole stage of Beta which is testing the Server at Full compacity which they didn't. So now players are gonna get impatient and stop playing and move on to other games and by the time they HAVE fixed the game, SoE are gonna be asking "Where Has everyone gone"?
  12. ClusterBomb

No, you should be blaming them. They missed a whole stage of Beta, they didn't test the Servers at Full compacity which is half the reason why the Full Release product is worst then the Beta version.

Everyone Patch just brings more bugs and Glitches and fixes less. SoE are not doing a very good job with this game. I can't even play it for more then 20mins cause its sooo broken.

I got an Under Barrel Attachment to decrease my Recoil, but I can't see any difference, I get killed in 2 shots but it takes me a full around and a bit to kill someone and IM NOT LAGGING.
  13. Tekone

Yep. Me too, although slightly less frequent. Before this 'Game Update 1' - zero crashes. Since? COUNTLESS TIMES.

I've got Windows 7 home - 64bit
    Core i5-750 (Lynnfield) CPU
    4gb Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 5870
    Asus Xonar DG Soundcard
    None of the above hardware is overclocked. ALL on stock settings
    All drivers are kept up to date, which makes me think I need to revert to older drivers to correct the insane amount of crashes..
  14. ERR0R

Someone should try formatting and reinstalling Windows and let us know if that fixes it. I can't try it for at least a few more days.
  15. Evraset

I've totally got a fresh install of windows 7
    this was literally the first game I installed
    made a whole new rig for it too

when I was running it on xp it ran just fine (aside from my sad 5-8 fps) now on windows 7 it crashes every time I play and pretty randomly. Its pretty annoying.
  16. ERR0R

I called SOE support and after looking over my MS info briefly they told me I don't have enough RAM. Only 2.7gb available RAM when the game's minimum requirements are for 4gb available RAM
  17. ERR0R

Oh, and I was also told not to install the game through Steam. The game doesn't like being installed to the Program Files(x86) folder. It takes longer time to search for DirectX dlls and other OS files. Download the official SOE launcher and install to the default location. My suggestion to others is to try calling SOE support at 858 537-0898
  18. Phaze

Getting to the point of annoyed... this just started 2 days ago.

I seem to crash... and by crash, I mean my system freezes... within a couple of minutes of going near a Bio Lab. Doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere else, no matter size or intensity of battles.

But the moment I fly over and start strafing outside with rocketpods... or go in and start fighting room to room - I can guarantee I'll lockup in a couple of minutes.

I swear it's the result of one of those Windows Updates I woke up to.

Any ideas? No problems with temps on CPU or GPUs...
  19. Nec3

I'm going to work on a stable overclock with other games. This is quite a dissapointment.
    Life seems so empty without planetside :[
  20. Spartan606

Have the same problem here. Only started after the last update.