Planetside 2 freezing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ture, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Tanelorn

I have started freezing ever since I got my Nvidia GTX 750 card this week. Random, but relatively frequent. I am not sure if it is truly the cards fault, or just running with high settings. Could also be the latest hot fixes, or driver conflicts. I don't have any abnormal temperatures, I am not overclocked, and my System log does not show the cause of the crash. All of my drivers are current.

As with others, the game freezes, but other programs run. However, I am unable to alter tab, open task manager, etc. It requires a full system reboot.

Intel 8core
    Nvidia gtx750
    Gigabyte MB
    Lots of RAM
    Latest drivers and BIOS
  2. Tanelorn

Thanks for no edits, SOE forums.

In addition to the above:
    1. Freezes are happening even in low pop continents and small pop hexes.
    2. Can happen while playing but my last two times were from pulling up the map.
  3. OldMaster80

Holy s**t! I thought it was just me!
    As I said we have here a collection of different issues reported as "Game freezing". What I've seen is not a crash to desktop, or a client lockup: the Whole pc is blocked and the only way I have to reboot is unplugging the electric cord from its socket on the wall.
    Setting CPU clock to stock value solved the problem but this didn't happen before PU01.

Luckily PU01 brought a relevant increase in performance so I can play very well even with stock clock.
  4. Tanelorn

My BIOS is set to default settings so it looks like a multi headed issue
  5. agentblake1

same problem here .**** this ****
  6. MadBeef

What you could do to try your GPU´s stability is download and run Furmark for a while. You don´t have to run a full burn in test, but at least try the 15 minute benchmark or run the regular benchmark a couple of times in a row. See if it runs stable or locks up:
    http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
  7. mittens104

this same problem happend to me in league of legend and now its happening in this game so i asked my brother on facebook who fixed the problem to ask him how to fix it so when i get a responce from him so keep an eye out in comments so when i get a repliy and can post how to fix the problem
  8. razor1360

i found a fix for the game freeze the game plays a ton better . i deleted physx files and the planetside 2 - 64 and 86 files out of the planetside 2 folder . after this run the launcher and click the wrench then click run validate files . it will remake these files new .