PlanetSide 2: Fortification (PC Update)

Discussion in 'Official News Feedback' started by Mithril, May 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entchenklein

Bases are practically useless only usefull feature is spawning Tanks spawning Aircraft and Spawning Infantry in general and all this can be done from one single Building the Command center

Walls are basically useless since its hard to really block anything with the walls they are a pain to get placed right so that infantry cant get in easyly this was fine before since you had pain spire and ai module for turrets
    walls should be allowed to intersect into buildings to be able to make them airtight

Infiltraters are a pain to deal with especially if they are running Stalker cloak the now can just run around freely in the base since pain spires are gone and ai turrets are gone

Why does Infantry have to be good at anything Infantry is good at killing Tanks Infantry is good at killing AirCraft and now Infantry is also good at killing bases aswell as tanks are good at killing bases bases dont provide much 90% of the base parts are useless

Ai module and pain spires got removed because they are not fun to play againth
    Stalker Cloak is also not fun to play againth
    Suicide bombing C4 throwers are also not fun to play againth
    Good Aircraft Pilots are not fun to play againth
    But at least with Ai modules and pain spires you had the choice of going there and taking on the Fortress for the other things you just have to deal with it

Fortresses should provide at least some form of beeng competitive againth infantry right now the only thing they are are basically spawn points it takes quite some time to set up a proper base lets say 20min something that takes long to set up should also give you a benefit and not just be a time waster
    • Up x 3
  2. Kruiser44

I'll start with the positive:

The updated textures of the old buildings look great, as well as the new buildings, this is where the good stuff ends.

Now let's look at the update through the eyes of a builder who has been building bases since the advent of this construction. I will describe the negative points:

Once upon a time, walls were invulnerable under a repair module, and the sky shield set fire to and had an electromagnetic effect on anyone who walked through it. This forced the players to think over tactics and strategies to neutralize the base, let me remind you that earlier a hive was placed on the base, allowing you to process cortium and generate continent capture points, there was an excellent system and it’s a pity that you abandoned it.

Let's continue:

Before this update, with a competent approach and the presence of allies at the base, it was really interesting to keep the defense and it worked. No one complained about the frankly weakened "Pain spire" and the bad accuracy of the anti-personnel turret, about the fact that the gate can be destroyed with 1 prowler, like the gate shields, I am also silent, like the frankly weak turrets.

Now, you have made it so that it’s impossible to defend your base from the walls, it’s impossible to put sky shields at your own discretion, it’s impossible to leave the base for a couple of minutes (we don’t have any more protection from infantry and, especially, unpunished stalkers, who, by the way, towers of pain did not always stop)

The question is, why build a base now? For an orbital strike? There are pocket ones. Restrain directions? But as? Run out into the open field? Because we dont have a normal shields on walls for protect, two way shields very and very bad solution.

The base no longer gives a feeling of comfort and security, and you no longer feel that you need it at all, because. walls and buildings are now made of cardboard.

You say you wanted to make the bases more accessible to enter construction - but you made them unattractive.

In hundreds of hours of building bases, I have not received and have not seen a single complaint from the attackers that they are not interested or something like that. Everyone enjoyed the gameplay and it was interesting. Now the bases do not make any sense, only the pasture of equipment and that's it, well, OS.

If you were interested in the opinion of the attackers, they are probably not experienced enough to storm a good base (this is a rarity, by the way), but you were not interested in and did not listen to the opinion of those who build these bases. I am very disappointed and refuse this new building concept until it is reversed.

The building is destroyed.
    • Up x 4
  3. devmelon

Overall I like the update.

Id like to see more modules.
    Maybe some implant that is module use centered.
    I like running modules.

However I REALLY want to opt out from the option of using certs to buy stuff instead of cortium. The number of times I have been in a rush and misclicked the damn cert button instead of the cortium one when buying stuff. I am not an amazing cert grinder and I would really love for it to be removed. An option: "Hide construction cert purchase option" in settings would do. Just now I bought a heavy repair module for 50 cert by mistake to repair someones silo only to find out I cant even slot the item there. Rip 50 certs.

Also I noticed that I got refunded certs with this update. I believe I bought access to construction with DBC a while ago. But will my next character have the same refund certs? I thought that if I paid for it, I'd have access to the stuff across all characters, forever.

Ant with Howler mandibles are a bit OP vs command center. It doesnt take long for one to take one down by itself. All you need is an infiltrator to hack the veh pad, spawn an ant and turn around in an enemy base and have it gone within a few cycles. Two coordinated infiltrators also do quick work. However Ant seem to do no damage vs Silo? Two cort bombs on a silo seem to be enough to wipe it out. 3 minute job if silo got firewall. 2 minute job if silo got modules. 1 minute job if silo got no modules. That is with 2 players cort bombing the silo or 1 player with a sundy nearby. I dunno, on one hand its nice to deploy a sundy etc next to base and be able to be a one man annoyance.

I havent found an appeal for the worm. I'd rather than have it last one minute, last forever until it is disarmed by the enemy team. I dont know how it works but it would be nice if the team got a visual indicator highlighting that the building/wall whatever is wormed so they can focus it down. I often play solo, and have no real way of coordinating to forces to attack a certain building. It has to be visual.

It would be nice if I got some xp for destroying buildings with cortium bomb too...
  4. Raka Maru

Stalker Infiltrator main here, then became Construction main when the old system went online.

My usual old routine before this Fortification update:
    1. Deploy ANT to grab Silo
    2. Deploy Silo
    3. Deploy Pain Field next to Silo
    4. Deploy AI Module next to Silo
    5. Deploy Repair Module next to Silo
    6. Deploy Anti-Infantry Turret to cover Modules
    7. Harvest Cortium and return
    8. Deploy Anti-Air Turret
    9. Deploy Anti-Vehicle Turret
    10. ... walls, gates, sky shield, etc...
    11. Lastly deploy Alarm Module
    12. Go do other fun stuff and leave the base until my alarm goes off
    Now my new routine in the Fortification update:
    1. Deploy ANT to grab Silo
    2. Deploy Silo
    3. Deploy Turrets
    4. Harvest Cortium and return
    5. ... walls, gates, other buildings, etc...
    6. Add modules to walls, gates, other buildings, etc...
    7. Futile attempt to protect the base
    I may attempt to do steps 1-7 again a couple more times before I move on to my Stalker Infiltrator main to terrorize other faction bases out of sheer rage.
    So there you go, Fortification update has removed Construction main from my playstyle and I'm back in the shadows.
  5. Fyrethorne

I need more time to see how many, if any people will defend a base that isn't directly adjacent a hex base or in the middle of the road, but there is one bit of feedback regarding construction that has pestered me forever. Please reduce the number of terrain objects that prevent placement of construction pieces. Some rocks can be clipped into without issue, and others I cannot get within 20 meters of before it clips into a part of it sunken into the terrain, forcing huge uneccessary gaps in my wall. I want to work with the terrain, but as it is too many rocks and trees block placement, forcing me to use even more time to try to find a sweet spot to place something.
    • Up x 2
  6. Raka Maru

I've had a few friendly construction neighbors leave their base to help (or shoot from their base).

You have a very good point about the placement areas. Construction objects should be able to "dig in" anywhere reasonable.
  7. RiP0k

Vehicle terminals need to be made unhackable in the Command Center!!!
    • Up x 2
  8. RiP0k

• Up x 1
  9. RC-3141

I wanted to stop in and ask if the songs from the Planetside 2 trailers (I would like an official version of Payback from the NC trailer) would be released at any point?
  10. RiP0k

Ways to destroy player bases:

1. Stalker into the base, hack into the terminal, resurrect the ANT with two overheated lasers, and destroy the spawn point in less than a minute.

2. OS X2 from one under Skywall takes away half the health of all structures.

3. Bastion.

4. Flail with bug splash damage.

5. Stalker to get to the base, hack the terminal, revive Sunderer, deploy it, destroy Silo with Cortium Bomb and mines or C4.

6. Stalker to get to the base, hack the terminal, revive Lightning, destroy the spawn point in a few minutes.

7. One or more tanks that will destroy the Command Center from afar in a minute.

8. A pair of ANTs that, with two lasers equipped with superheat, will destroy the wall in half a minute and destroy the spawn point in half a minute.

9. Aviation, in particular the Liberator, will destroy the Silo in a minute or several minutes.

Base protection methods:

1. Fortress Shield Module.

BALANCE WHERE ARE YOU?
    WHERE IS THE FORTIFICATION LOST?
    • Up x 1
  11. RiP0k

We now have the fact that the builder builds his base from 20 minutes or more. And one attacker destroys the heart of the base (respawn point) in 1 minute.

Shouldn't it be more balanced? For example, the fact that an attacker should also spend 20+ minutes to destroy the base and not 2 minutes? At least 10 minutes?

Don't you think there's something wrong here?
    • Up x 1
  12. TR5L4Y3R

Solid walls take damage for no appearant reason
    build one then went to farm cortium, come back to it to see it lose 25% health next to the rampagewall that was fine ...
    Cortium HUD also sill occacionaly disappears ...
    and the long standing issue that cortioumnodes still aren´t either permanent or have a small no-buildzone to be able to spawn in the first place when a PMB is dropped on it persists ...

dropping 2 to 3 modules per constructionasset immidiately becomes a timeconsuming chore that unneccessariliy increases overall buildtime to complete a basic outpost ...
    • Up x 1
  13. devmelon

Confirmed. Flat walls autodestroy themselves even with repair modules in them.
    I saw there was another update out just now, maybe they fixed it?
    • Up x 1
  14. devmelon

I had another run today where a teammate built a silo after we destroyed enemy silo. He started building a base. But on my screen the silo was empty. On his screen it was half full. All his buildings took damage from decay. When I enter the terminal of the silo, there was 22k left, but everything still decayed.

Edit: Also the NSO Repair Drone doesn't repair buildings. Is this intentional?
  15. devmelon

10. Light Assault + Router. Slap it down on top of the command center. Work your way to the silo. Destroy any modules on the silo if any. Put cortium bomb in and press redeploy as you are doing it. Install second cortium bomb. If no protectors, base gone within a minute or two.

Edit: Not sure if this works but maybe you can also throw some claymores/mines/c4 etc on the ground to prevent them from quickly re-establishing a silo at the same location (collision on placing objects)
    • Up x 2
  16. devmelon

[IMG][IMG]

It is really hard to spawn a vehicle, it always prompts the side module slots "Install Module Here" instead of letting me use the terminal. However I've seen other people perfectly fine spawn vehicles. I wonder if it's because I have Cortium Bomb in my inventory. Either way, it needs to get fixed. The only way I managed to spawn vehicles is like by standing on the pad, but then I die from standing on the pad.
    • Up x 2
  17. Mr. Stoner86

Hey, I've had the same issue, stand on the right side of the pad near the right modual terminal and inch away slowly! OR Place a repair module in the right slot and you will have no issue. They need to stick the module slots on the other end of the pad to fix this issue.
  18. CommanderMacTavish

Issue: Flails are beyond overpowered at this stage, with the limitations behind the skyshield. As they're no longer a normal module which you can place wherever, you rely on the Rebirth / Command Center for it, which can't always be placed down, especially on small-sized bases. I also don't want to attract any attention with an OS on me, so it's not really an option for me either.
    Can we give the flail some balancing, or make the Skyshield usable? Maybe through the implementation of the Sentinel Spire?
  19. Ke4oNez407

hi, Has anyone already fixed the crooked reload animation on the PSA-01 Hammerhead?
  20. devmelon

TL;DR: Equipment terminal doesnt restock cortium bomb on resupply.

I built a base and someone slotted an equipment terminal into one of the buildings. I flew over to an enemy base with a valkyrie and inserted a cortium bomb in one of the buildings and flew back. When I interacted with the equipment terminal and hit resupply, I was given all other things but a new cortium bomb. I had enough nanites to get another one. Despawning and respawning at a tube restocked it finally for me, but equipment terminals should restock cortium bombs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.