PlanetSide 2 crash when exit game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blutark, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Codeak

lol
  2. Diplocaulus

PlanetSide's been crashing roughly 75% of the time upon exit for me for about two months now.
  3. leGit

same here
  4. Codeak

im pretty sure the only way for ps2 to close is for it to crash, its always been that way
  5. Sgtjoeyk

this is normal, i been crashing on exit forever now. I was told by tech support that SOE developers have no fix for this crash yet and this crash is very common. submitted all the MSinfo and DX. tried uninstalling the game, running with steam and without. Tried new User profile on windows and checked for corrupt .dll files. whatever the game does it just doesnt like working smoothly with our pc's ....yet...i hope
  6. Wariamu

I've had this stupid bug since DAY ONE! On my old laptop, on my new computer and evne on my girlfriend's laptop. I don't understand how this is not fixed yet!!
  7. Wariamu

Like, are you trying to say you haven't heard of this and you don't understand what he's talking about? Because this is ridiculous! It has been asked to be fixed OVER AND OVER!

If that's not a known fact to the whole damned SOE company, there's a problem in here! This is the most common and stupid bug of this game and whenever you quit the game properly, windows detects that the game has not closed properly. SERIOUSLY!
  8. Your Future Ex

"It's always been that way" is something lazy people say. No it has NOT always been that way. Maybe for you, because you don't like to try things, but not for me. After I reinstalled the game, it started doing this again. I'm just glad this thread has gone on since launch and no one has found a fix, good job.
  9. Wariamu

It's HAS always done that! It's not something that you can find a fix for dude. The fix is SOE fixing the bug in their damn game! I don't blame you but you would know that if you knew anything about computers.
  10. GravitySmacked

It only started doing it for me after GU10.0
  11. Gammit

This has been happening to me since the last GU (not hotfix) or two.
  12. Mr_StarDelta

Planetside 2 may be doing this due to lack of memory for the computer. The game is a beast to handle without the right hardware so I wouldn't expect it not to crash when shutting down occasionally.

P.S - Has anyone else experienced lag after actually turning off the game and doing stuff on the desktop?
  13. Deezy

This is still happening as of today. I wonder how the PS4 will handle an app crash EVERY time this game closes.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jaybo H

Yep I've been having this issue for a couple months now also.

It makes no difference how long I've played. When I exit, Windows gives me a crash message (for PS2.) I have a weird suspicion that it may be the launcher even though the launcher should exit once you are in the game.

I will be happy to give any info needed to help narrow this down - all specs or reports or settings or whatever.

(Now the game will crash after about 4 hours or so of play anyway sometimes, which is a different topic, but yes, the crash on exit always happens and has been this way for a good while.)
  15. JDog2pt0

I'll throw my voice in and say that it crashes on exit for me as well. Only reason it bothers me is because it bogs my PC down for a few seconds after the crash and FC.
  16. jihon83

If I've been playing for a long time, the game will CTD when trying to exist, for me as well. Though if I'm only on for a little while (like less than thirty minutes), it will actually exit correctly, like if I'm just getting my passive certs or, lately, if the metagame on Waterson or frame rate drops aggravates me enough, heh.
  17. Teekoon

My client crashes every time I exit as well, unless I've only been on a short time (e.g., less than a minute, maybe), then it sometimes doesn't crash. If I play for any length of time, and then log off and exit, then the client crashes, which then intermittently locks everything up. It doesn't lock up every time it crashes, but damned often enough. CTD is the norm, with "... stopped working ... not installed properly ..." and all that, while properly exiting is the rare exception.

While this doesn't break the gameplay, it does make the game seem more second-rate, lower tier. Except for the fact that I'm a PS1 vet/junkie, if this were any other game then I would stop playing and uninstall after a few game sessions where it crashed and locked my system up.

Hell, if it locked my system up consistently now, which thankfully it doesn't, but if it did then I would uninstall now, loyalty be damned.

If I were Smed, I'd put someone on this until it's fixed. It seems small, and it's usually little more than an inconvenience, but it reflects on the greater workmanship and polish and really integrity of the game and code itself. Although, I would probably work on in-game optimization first. Gotta get outta beta one of these days.
    • Up x 1
  18. Wariamu

I definitely agree with his. The game looks very second grade because of bugs like that and they have been around for waaaay too long. I've heard things such as : it cannot be fixed and 1 that's impossible 2 that's unacceptable.

And idk what is causing that this game isn't compatible with all builds but all the other games out there have no problem whatsoever with that. There's no reason Planetside 2 wouldn't be able to do that.
  19. toxs

I have never exited the game with out it crashing.
    • Up x 1
  20. Aewin

Adding my voice to the choir... Don't remember either when was the last time the game exited without crashing. For me the issue started around 4-5 GUs ago, it hasn't been like this forever.

Although the issue does not affect gameplay (which is of course the most important thing) it does speak ill of the game's quality. Bug's common occurrence is big enough a reason to fix it IMO. Think of it as broken window theory applied to gaming.