PlanetSide 2 Coming to PS4 #MakeWarStories

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belsebub2

ofc i am!
  2. Cookie5000

Unless both side has controllers or both side have keyboard & mouse. It wont work.
  3. [HH]Mered4

Wait, PS2 is still coming to the PS4?

What. The. Actual. ****.

Someone needs to do the math. The Planetside franchise isn't going to cater to a bunch of kids in the console industry if it can't even make headway with us normal dudes. especially if you pay ten programmers for a year of pay to make a port and it still isn't done. That's just hilarious. Profit be damned, i guess.
  4. AlterEgo

Kids in the console industry?
    Bro, not everyone who doesn't own a PC is a kid. This is a way for SOE to make some extra moneyz in order to further develop both versions. Think of all the people who want to play this game on console, and then think about the potential revenue. If SOE does it well, makes the right calculations, and gets a lot of people to play the game, then SUCCESS! A whole new way of income for the devs, plus more resources to improve the game.:)
  5. -WHeaties

Sure I'd be all for that IF the console coding didn't ruin PC optimisation like it has with the previous patch that integrated it in. Inhibiting development and performance on a certain platform =/= community growth. I'd have no problem with console integration once the game was actually in a non-broken and optimised state.
    • Up x 2
  6. p33pl

Well put WHeaties.
  7. Broadcaster

Will Someone please tell me where the PS2 on PS4 "blog" is ?
  8. faemis

thats what I'd like to know, if someone tells you, can you inbox me the link please ?
  9. Djouck

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/07/planetside-2-closed-beta-hits-ps4-january-20th/

Now, we can wait this game. 13 days, is so long xd.

I hope to receive a beta code. Very desappointed if not.

But i have 3 questions for staff ( if you can answer ):

- if we are signed up days one that you had open the inscription, it's right or we need to sign up again ? ( because, in few days, you had close the inscription, so have you refresh or not ? )

- If we want to sign up today with the same mail that we signed up before ( to be sure ), we stay in the same place in your chronological order, or refresh the place ? ( i give you this question because : "Please note players will be invited in chronological order of when they signed up" )

- And finally, you know that people can sign up with many mails ( again, may be to be sure ) because we don't need psn's mail so it is a problem or not ?

looking forward to playing the game on my console :)
  10. Djouck

an other question, in your FAQ ( https://www.planetside2.com/faq ) you tell :

"Currently PlanetSide 2 on the PS4 will only be available in English in North America, UK, AU, and NZ territories. We're exploring more countries and languages for launch at a later date."

So, if i understand France or other countries that it was not in your list in this sentence will not have the closed beta, it's right ?
    Or i don't understand ?
  11. Mech777

Ok my big question is if we bought weapons in stuff in the pc version will that carry over to our ps4 account?
  12. Bruhja

I had read: we're still working on aim assist, trying to get it right" Sigmund said. "We don't want it to be too strong or not strong enough. We're trying to get it right, and that's definitely been the hardest part of the process

Why not just release a mouse for the PS4 since one was already available for the PS3, save the headaches of the developers, and the PC gamers on the receiving end of "aim assist".

My question is how can the server differentiate between 733T H4XZ0RZ and the PS4 engaging aim assist?

WAIT A MINUTE AIM ASSIST = AIM HACKING

I seriously hope I'm not the only one whom has thought of this.
  13. Badheal1

when will the first wave of beta codes go out?
  14. Bindlestiff

Isn't the PS4 version going to be played on different servers to PC users?
  15. DLL2

Yes it is.
  16. sagolsun

PS2 is F2P. If you need a mouse to have an okay experience, it's not F2P anymore. Besides, having a mouse means you need a desk, coffee table or something in front of your couch to put it on. For a title that's based around being frictionless to pick up, that's a lot of hassle.

Yes, console games have built-in aimbots or otherwise thumbstick fondlers would spin in circles and aim like drunk epileptics. Turns out cheats don't ruin games if everybody's got 'em.
  17. Tarrnation

So long as there is an option to turn aim assist OFF, you will hear no gripes from me. Aim assist is great for players who are new to console shooters but for experienced players like myself, it can be a major annoyance having your crosshairs jerk over to some random enemy running in front of what you're trying to shoot!
  18. amgice

19. Tarrnation

Perhaps it's intended to indicate that the game is scheduled to be released by Q4 2015 or Q1 2016. And by released, I mean an actual release date (not beta).
  20. Bruhja

You don't have a coffee table in front of your couch. dude I've been living room PC gaming on my TV since ATI started making S-video out put a standard on their video cards.

I would always laugh at controller fumblers asking me how i could clean house so effectively back in the day.
    A controller feels like conducting brain surgery with a hammer.

Look on Craig's list coffee tables are free, and so are basic optical mice.

My point is all game consoles have USB ports. The "U" in USB stands for universal, so any mouse "SHOULD" work as long as Sony didn't go to such lengths to make it a "NUSB" port, a "non universal serial bus". Sorry you can only put tires sold by Ford on your car Chevy ones won't work.

Sounds pretty ridiculous when you put it that way doesn't it?

Simple answer cook a basic mouse driver into a system update and let people use a mouse whom choose to, on any game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.