PlanetSide 2: Capturing Bases As We Go

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bobaflay, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Bobaflay

Now in 1080p HD!
  2. FateJH

A great cry of anguish went up from all Infiltrators across the continent. :(
    • Up x 1
  3. Regpuppy

I hate to be that guy. But that video was fairly boring. Just 20 minutes of driving around in sundies and ghost capping empty bases. o_O

Is this video trying to make a statement or legit meant for entertainment?
  4. Bobaflay

It was sneaky and funny.
  5. Bobaflay

I already knew we would cap it and who dosnt want more xp!
  6. Lividicus!

Is this video just supposed to show us what playing on ultra low settings is like? I didn't even know the game could look that bad. I know now I guess...
  7. Bobaflay

Watch in HD!
  8. NikkoJT

Sadly, that doesn't change the quality of what you're recording. Pro tip: low-res textures look as bad on video as they do when you're playing.
  9. WyrdHarper

Not the most exciting video. As someone who plays Mattherson TR, I'm amazed you managed to find such quiet fights in the middle of an alert.

Now in terms of excitement, it's not just because of the amount of action, because there was some stuff going on. It's because all I hear in that video is things pewpewing and spotting callouts. It would have been way more exciting if you guys had had voice comms going (and I'm not sure how the squad was working without them in the first place--maybe they just weren't recorded for some reason?). Good banter between squads (and maybe a little music) makes gameplay videos a lot more fun to watch.
    For example, here are a couple old ones someone in my outfit did, and you can see the conversations make them a lot more interesting (even if I'm not the biggest fan of Typin's music choices)

The first is a whole bunch of people being goofy, and the second is a mix of music/commentary, and you can hear people talking about what's going on, giving you a more dynamic and interesting idea of the battle going on, even though the person recording is mostly staying in one place. You can hear me platoon leading, people warning each other about enemies at various places, and occasional silliness ("Don't let him turn his mic up, for the love of EARS"). Some commentary would have made your video a lot more interesting. Remember, when you're making videos, a lot of people have probably seen similarish things in their own experience, so you want to make it more memorable in some way, either by your own input on what's going on, or by voice comms, or by getting really unique and interesting fights with some good gameplay. Outfit and squad members are characters, so it's good to use them that way in your videos. I hear a lot of entertaining and dialogue in platoons and squads from day to day, and that really does make videos more fun to watch.

Just try and keep things like that in mind when you're putting these together; I'm always glad to see more people making Planetside 2 gameplay videos.
    And since I play Mattherson TR as well, feel free to add me as a friend (WyrdHarper) if you'd like to run with one of our squads/platoons sometime, or want to talk more about anything I've been talking about.
  10. Bobaflay

My mic broke so im fixing it
  11. WyrdHarper

Good stuff :)
  12. Bobaflay

Ok. My and your outfit should partner up. add me in game. i am terranbobaflay and dont forget to sub
  13. DevDevBooday

Haha, afterwards did you sit there and wonder what you were doing with your life? =P
  14. Drasilov

I cant make videos as I get memory exceeded errors every time :(

No idea why
  15. Regpuppy

Well, I sort of "fast fowarded" through each base cap as soon as I knew it was ghost capping. But yeah, I felt bad about the wasted 5-10 minutes I did watch. Wanted to give the vid a fair chance, but...

Again, not trying to insult. But there wasn't even any witty banter to laugh at during that whole thing.
    • Up x 2
  16. Bobaflay

ok
  17. Bobaflay

LOL
  18. Bobaflay

Whats your ram
  19. Drasilov

6GB and recording to a 2TB external drive
  20. Bobaflay

Thats very good. Is it connectedf to the right drive? also play it on lower settings then you do.