Planetside 2 Base/Map Designing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpyShadow28, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Darsh

Sooo. What you 're saying is.. It's not the dev's fault that in their newly revamped amp station, enemies can magically spawn inside your base using your base's spawn tubes bacause 1 infiltrator managed to ghost cap 1 capture point. So those walls and defensive turrets should really be pointing inwards and not outwards.. Also, I suppose it's not the dev's fault that they placed a 1 way shield preventing attackers to get inside the base.. But that they also placed that very same shield's generator, right in the open.. Literally 2 meters in front of said shield.. Makes perfect sense to me.

I suppose it also makes sense that enemies can just teleport inside your biolab the moment they own an adjacent outpost.. Because hey.. Nanites right?
    • Up x 2
  2. SpyShadow28

I managed to get the prop and its physics mesh I created in hammer editor, imported into unreal engine as one and working. Now the problem I got is getting the correct scale.
    • Up x 2
  3. SpyShadow28

I am messing with the CryEngine. It's pretty close to ForgeLight Map Editor. Having to go through the process of learning how to export objects and materials from 3D Max.
    • Up x 2
  4. libbmaster

Keep it up SpyShadow!

This will be worth it, you will have legions of fans... :D

Unless SoE preempts you and just goes the player forge route.
  5. SpyShadow28

Check this video out. Imported a building. In CryEngine, you can control time of day and the amount of glow light on the structure.

Click Here To Watch

Also, Video Links to Yesterday's Planetside 2 Work in Progress

Watch Part 1
    Watch Part 2
    • Up x 3
  6. SpyShadow28

• Up x 2
  7. Tuco

This base is called "Can't defend against 200% odds."

And this base is called "Still can't defend against 200% odds."

And with minor adjustments to this wall over here it's "Still can't defend against 200% odds v2.0"
    • Up x 5
  8. Chubzdoomer

I want to design a base that looks like a giant butt. Huh huh huh. Huh huh huh.
    • Up x 3
  9. SpyShadow28

Been importing planetside 2 props into cryengine free sdk. Below is a link to a folder that contain some images from the work I have done.

I will soon make a download available for you guys but keep in mind, it will be in the GB range due to the size of the models and the sdk size. The sdk will work out of the box where you be able to create a new level and begin placing planetside 2 stuff.

CryEngine PS2 Stuff

Let me know what you think.
    • Up x 2
  10. libbmaster

Magnificent!

PS2 should be ported to cryEngine naow! :p
  11. libbmaster

... Oh my god, I keep agreeing with tuco.

Whats happening to me? :eek:
  12. SpyShadow28

There are a few models that I could not export from the game and a few models that the cryengine exporter errors on, those models won't be included in version 1 of the sdk but in version 2 they will appear.

Glad you guys find this cool, I will keep adding models to the cryengine sdk instead of playing planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ribero

Perhaps you too, have a hidden love for PS1 AMS, PS1 Mines, PS1 Spitfire, PS1.....
    • Up x 2
  14. libbmaster

Well, to be honest, I have always wanted to deploy an HMG with my ACE tool...
    • Up x 3
  15. Tuco

Spitfire is more like the default pistol that shoots half as fast as a player.
  16. Captain Kid

I have some crazy ideas like placing the spawn room inside a structure with multiple exit routes. Maybe even put a capture point inside the same structure as well. Out of reach of vehicle spam.
  17. SpyShadow28

I have run into some exporter errors that I will need some help on to fix.

On some models, the CryEngine Exporter spits out errors and the models won't export. Usually the common errors are

3 vertex lay on the same line.
    Degenerate faces.

So hopefully someone who knows how to fix errors like these can help. Personally CryEngine has a really crappy exporter. The exporter should let me export what I want, errors or not. It's up to the 3D Modeler to model the objects for performance.
  18. SpyShadow28

• Up x 2
  19. z1967

I am gonna make a base where it is a well over 200m tall narrow tower and surrounding pads. Tower has internals (one point in the tower) and some refueling styled stations on top and one some of the pads (top has a point, a pad has a point, and spawnroom is inside the tower). Gonna be so freaking cool. And it will have base jumping! and maybe a pool. Possibly a bar that is a neutral zone where anyone of any faction gets weapon locked and can talk in proxy chat. Over a few auraxian beverages of choice of course (can't say alcohol because it could violate the T-rating)

So stoked, can't wait!
    • Up x 1
  20. MorganM

This is why I honestly don't want to see a tool like this in players hands. Almost every base re-design suggestion thread I read makes me apply my palm to my forehead at high velocity.

Mark my word we'll see a slew of strongholds that are easily defendable and immune to vehicles. They will be heralded by the masses as genius, aweinspiring, realistic, and soooo much better than those SoE devs.

Sorry but not everyone wants to fight over the same base for days on end. It's boring and frustrating. People want to see progress and feel acomplished. Not keep throwing themselves into a meat grinder hoping they can scratch out a few more kills before they die... again... in the same location... for the next 10 hours.

See: The Crown of Olde, Indar Excavation, Subterranian Nanite Analysis, Every Biolab, Crimsonbluff, Crossroads...
    • Up x 2