Planetside 2 and Windows 8 compatibility issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kryptonian, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Companion^3

This really does seem to be a pointer problem. If you are getting this crash, go to your device manager and make sure that there is only one thing listed under "Mice and other pointing devices". All I had plugged in was a mouse and a keyboard, but they were both Logitech and both had its own unifying usb receiver. For some reason this caused the mouse to show up twice in device manager, which was enough to crash the game. I DLed Logitech's unifying software so I could run both by keyboard and mouse on one dongle, the second "phantom" mouse disappeared from device manager, and now everything is hunky dory... hope this helps.
  2. XRIST0

Noob machine ? is that the immature reply you have for me

.. are you serious mate ?

I dont care how long you have used windows 8 for , thats not the point .

You sound like a 16 year old fan boy with no clue what so ever .

And deal with what ? having a perfectly stable OS that out performs windows 8 in games that never gives me a problem , and boots faster than yours .

Rigghttt ... Do your research , theres nothing better about windows 8 .. Not for gamers , maybe for tablet users like yourself .
  3. AM6644

Windows 8 is better for people with slower hard drives
  4. Thesolohawk

I have got only two problems with my planet side two on windows 8 that is every command word and menu word starts with ##ui. and it lags more tht my windows 7
  5. Thesolohawk

it says i dont have a program to run the fix what do i need to fix it
  6. vn adsljkvnasdkl

just wanted you to know it wasnt completely made for tablets so stop hating on windows 8 im using it and sure it has a few incompatibly issues .THAT WILL BE FIXED. only the windows rt is made for tablets. windows 8 is similar with a **** load more features. it also improves rendering noticably and runs alot faster than the more quality oriented windows 7
  7. Hydragarium

8. Andr0

I am shocked that when I search google for Planetside 2 and Windows 8, I get results like this.

If any of you people using W7 have tried giving W8 a change then you would realise three things.
    Firstly. The start button is in a way still there. You press the windows key and start typing (and searching) like you would on W7. If you really need it to click much else then you are wasting time.
    Secondly. If you miss your Control Panel and other things in the start menu then you are an idiot. You obviously don't realise that when in desktop mode and you right click on the very bottom left corner (where the start would be) You actually get a far more useful menu than the start menu. Especially if you are a system admin or want any advanced features
    When you actually use W8 for more than a week, you realise the little tweaks that have been made inside the OS that make it a better OS - faster and more informative. (task manager and copying files are the obvious ones)

Other thoughts:
    W7 users are used to W7 so they can't think that W8 might be better.
    W7 users enjoy their "30 second startup time" instead of the 10 second startup time in W8. Let's be honest. This is all a bit silly, most of my machines are on 24/7 and they might just sleep. But even waking up from sleep is faster to desktop with W8 than W7
    W7 users don't want to be able to operate an operating system that will probably be used on most systems in a few years. Just look how every OS is slagged off on release. How many have W7 now and how few use XP? Did you used to slag off W7 too? Do you want to be stuck in front of a W8 machine not knowing what to do?

To anyone that then thinks it's because of the system I use. My main rig is an i7 990X@4.8Ghz, 24GB 2400MHz RAM, 2x240GB SSD in RAID0 on LSI RAID card, HD 7970 TOXIC.

I get very similar boot times on a laptop with a mobile Core2, 4GB RAM and 1x 92GB SSD.

I put money on my laptop in W8 booting up faster than most high end gaming PCs that you guys have on W7.

As far as what ACTUALLY matters. I get very slightly better performance in W8 compared to W7 in games. That will change even more in W8s favour as graphics drivers get optimised.

Who actually cares what OS your using.... Just ENJOY THE GAME! (Because it's awesome)
    • Up x 1
  9. kr0naa

THIS solved my problem on win8. Ty a bunch mate.
  10. Brusilov

No problems here... yet. :)
  11. AidanofVT

Thanks, Mate. That worked for me (at least this time).
  12. Arokhantos

All i read is bla bla windows 8 bla bla windows 8 this and that bla bla.

Not a single solution in this thread has worked for me.

Could sony for the love of god just fix their game already windows 8 is like 1 year old now you can't just keep blaming others for your mistakes.......

also to sony.

Unplugging all usb devices and putting them back in just to launch a game is't a viable solution i mean come on............ fix it already you damn slackers........
    I known sony's reputation is quite bad when it comes to bugs they never fix them and their very lazy.

proof me otherwise and fix this issue within 1 week.......
  13. bwilson

Good grief this thread is a mess. Does anyone actually still have a problem with the game and Win8? If you are please post the information from the event log like others have. Commentary about your ****** version of operating systems and boot times really aren't helpful when trying to help others.
  14. TheAppl3

<3 the Win8 hate. The sole annoyance I have with Win8 (on my laptop) is it's mildly more irritating to shut down. Need easy Control Panel access? Pin it to the left of the task bar like a normal person. Same goes for Explorer and anything else.

Runs just as well as Win7 in most cases. Do I find the lack of a Start menu stupid? Yes. Does it matter enough to care beyond calling it stupid? Nope. I certainly think it would have been better to have the core system rely on a Win7-style desktop and have the additional tablet-style interface as an option instead of how it works now, but it's not restrictive enough to really impact your life negatively as-is.

So stop whining about it. If you care, keep using Win7 (which I insist on doing for my desktop for the time being) and leave others to do as they see fit.

Based on the age of this thread, the original discussion isn't going on much any more. Anyone still have issues? If not, let's let this die.
  15. bwilson

Win-X is your friend on the desktop in Win8 and Win8.1
  16. Telcontar Dunedain

Installing directx9 was the fix for my win8 installation.
  17. Pointyguide2

windows 8.1 pro 64 bit
    works perfectly fine
  18. Forkyar24

some people are sheep that just like to hate and others follow the sheep that are hating its a cycle sadly.
  19. Echo_450

You dense mother#&$€r windows 8 has already been accepted by it workers everywhere, why ?
    Because its a FASTER , BETTER windows 7 with new features AND AN OPTIONAL , repeat OPTIONAL touch screen frendly alternate interface that looks nice and works great
  20. Lord_Mogul

They really did some performance stuff from 7 -> 8 -> 8.1 -> 10, Slightly changes, but still
    (Must admit it even though I'm still running 7)