Planetside 2 and Windows 8 compatibility issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kryptonian, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Joshurahrah

0xc0000005 is an access violation exception. It happens when an application is trying to access protected memory. I have seen it before when developing an application with video and updating graphics drivers solved it. Considering dinput8.dll is a system dll, this may not be the games fault, it might be a bug in the specific dll. Either that or the game wasn't properly tested in Win8.

Oh and for all those people slating Win8, its a great OS, many improvements over Win7. Even though the faster load time is a bit of smoke and mirrors, as shut down no longer properly shuts down the computer, it hibernates it, same as macs.
  2. SonicXVe

Windows 8 is at least adequate, there is no reason to be telling people not to use it. It isn't like Vista where it started with a plethora of problems.
    In regards to the dinput8.dll crash, I'm going to assume that all crashes are caused by peripheral devices. How they got the state that they crash the game I have no idea. Many people have blamed the 360 controllers but I experienced the crash with my usb bluetooth adapter. If you get the dinput8.dll crash, you should disconnect unused controllers or devices one by one until you find the one causing the problem.
  3. Watiu

There is nothing wrong with Windows 8. PS2 runs fine on it. This whole thread is basically "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!"

Fyi Windows 8 takes less than 25 sec to boot up.
  4. Leboss

I had load of issues with ps2, did all d3d dll etc (which helped party) but nothing worked with that exe crash. Got bit bored, installed msi afterburner just ramp bit moar clock for ultra detail wow, a'voila afterburner installed dx9 and all other legacy stuff from dx. And ps2 started run too. For my eyes it seems that w8 dx11.x is missing some legacy stuff what ps2 wants to use.
    Dunno does this help you but anyway, my 2 cents.
  5. AngelOfHavoc

Im running the game on Windows 8 just fine. Only problem is I cant play the game due to the low FOV issue that the devs dont seem to care about.
  6. Acidictadpole

I'm so glad I can come to a support forum and find people arguing about what Microsoft OS is better instead of helping to fix the problem. It means I always have something worthwhile and helpful to read...

Anyway,

This is happening for me too.. The specific peripheral I need to unplug is my Saitek X52 Pro. Which is a shame because I was hoping I could use it to fly in PS2.
  7. itzCujo666

THANKS!!! This also fixed the #UI errors I was getting after swapping the .dlls (this worked, but left me with the errors). Works fine now.

Cheers.
  8. Aus_Jedi

wow, and you probably one of those really helpful people that love change....Windows 8 is ok - It is on my computer and I enjoy it, but it actually is more reliable and faster than windows 7 - the only big hick-up in the new start screen....but that in time will evolve. or you will get use to it... - but tell someone to stop using it.....just isn't very helpful nor needed.
  9. Blacsktab1337

Im experiencing the problem where it doesn't even launch yet the process does but then, quits
  10. Combaticus

Totally digging the maturity and helpfulness of some of these users. Wow, and to the others, thank you for the information and fixes. I am experiencing some issues as well, and I think I'll try these fixes.
  11. Slink17

I have windows 8 and have never had an issue with playing this game before.
  12. Combaticus

Just a note, the dll download thing worked great for me! Thank you!
  13. HansPest

after removing my usb-microsoft-controller: it worked!
  14. WookLordz

LOL. So ignorant.
  15. NyaR

Yeah so this thread is a bunch of gamer noobs talking about what they read in some blog about how windows 8 is bad. Shut up.
  16. ArrowRL201

There's a fix involving dinput8.dll. It's shown here on PCGaming Wiki
  17. XRIST0

Your kidding right ? i will bet my life my pc with windows 7 boots faster than yours does .

That is not a good reason at all why upgrading to windows 8 is worth it .

Windows 7 is a much more stable OS for the time being , aslong as you have good hardware there is no need to move to windows 8 .. All i hear about is problems so far , i wont be buying it thats for sure .
  18. Llaf

I have windows 8 and it's playable for me. Minor issues here and there but it works.
  19. hindhaughlee

Well. You can live in a dream world, full of pixies and fairies.. Your wrong. Deal with it. I bet you 1000 lives that my windows 8 machine would out-strip your noob machine in microseconds. Do not make statements that you can obviously not back up or support. I can smell a troll when I see one. I have used Windows 8 for months and I will personally promise you, you are talking out of your many many many butt-holes ;)
  20. Pharmer

Thanks so much. I had connected my 360 wireless controller to play some Street Fighter X Megaman last night and then today I couldn't load Planetside 2. It would load the launcher but when clicking play / launch it would crash. I tried your fix of removing the controller and Planetside 2 loads.