Planetside 2 and Windows 8 compatibility issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kryptonian, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Rockit

Honestly guys what did I tell you about Win8? Why does a senior member at Microsoft retire mysteriously?
  2. imogul

Had the exact problem described in the op and this worked for me. Why don't the devs just include this dll?
  3. Massamo

mine runs great on windows 8 its not the os its some other problem
  4. TbouncerT

First off I love Windows 8, it's legit.

Second, PS2 run beautifully on it. The only issue I had with running PS2 was the initial startup crash. Making me disable/unplug my PC 360 controller.

I am using PS2 downloaded from SOE and not from steam. I've heard the steam version has its own issues (non-OS related).
  5. Shadowcrash

To fix this issue you need to ensure that all game controllers or other mouse pointing devices are unplugged. You can have 1 mouse plugged into the computer when starting Planetside2.exe. Program code looks for all pointing devices at start up .exe is failing due to multiple pointing devices plugged into the computer.
  6. yanakkis

I have the same #UI issue but DirectX wont install, I am getting crazy over here....:((
  7. Renae

I wouldn't have believed it but this one file also fixed my problem of being able to start the game. Thanks
  8. Ryderov

My issue with Windows 8 was not running the latest version of Afterburner. I was able to start the game after closing it. Once I updated to 2.3.0, I was able to start the game with it running.

I had also put that DLL floating around in my root, so that may also have caused a failure to start if Afterburner wasn't. For anyone running Afterburner, I would check your version first.
  9. elementHTTP

Win 8 > Win 7
    Win XP > Win 8
    Why?
    Because i say so argument
    :D :D :D
  10. Manjamanga

I'm unable to play, it crashes every time I click the play button on the launcher.

These should be the official troubleshooting forums, not a windows version fanboy fighting pit.
    I came here looking for help and found a bunch of kids at each other's throats with no moderator intervention.

Count me out of this game Sony. There are enough fine shooters out there that don't make me go through this kind of amateur deployment and support.
  11. Overheal

For crying out loud, stop the whining about Windows Operating Systems. It is adding nothing to the discussion. This should be a simple discussion about fixing the problem that is preventing people from running the game, it is pointless and unhelpful to tell someone "switch to another OS". In most cases, that won't be an option. All new PCs are going to ship with Windows 8, and not many people will even have an option to roll back to another version of Windows. So kindly stuff it.
  12. BR4DDERS

I have had the #UI problem a couple of times, I fixed it by change the language of the launcher from English to French and then back to English.

I was having the same problem on Saturday, I wasted my time reinstalling the game but saw this thread while I was waiting for it to download. It turned out it was because I had plugged my Xbox 360 controller in.
    • Up x 1
  13. Snarkyfoo

Props to the posters here chugging along, ignoring the jabs and jeers at their questionable OS.
  14. IAmTheSoldier

No issues here, running windows 8 pro with media center edition. Except the low FPS issue in big battles which is game issue not my PC or OS :)
  15. Esalot

Hi everyone
    please stop these stupid comments about windows 8 if you think it needs improvement go write a blog. but accept the reality that its Microsoft even if they make a mistake "like windows 8" everyone has to migrate because of compatibility issues later on so lets try to fix the problems now so we can all enjoy the best and latest.

now to the problem at hand

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/PlanetSide_2
    scroll down and follow the instructions and you'll be killing friend left right and center

enjoy
    • Up x 1
  16. Ian Richards

Stop Trolling you ****. There is nothing wrong with windows 8. More to the point, wheN DX11.1 is released as a windows 8 exclusive. It will soon become the home of hardcore gamers.
  17. RustyShackleford203

Agreed. I didn't like W8 at first either, but the boot times are just too good to switch back. Now that I've learned how to use it, I'm actually liking it better than W7. However, I'm having issues launching the game so I hope they fix this soon.
  18. Linck

Windows 8 is suposed to be fully compatible with every ******* **** of a software. It isn't? Simply right click the .exe of a game, look for compatibility options and make it run in the Windows 7 complatibility mode? Is it so hard to belive?
  19. 2xTReme

i have no problems with my W8 pro

i7 3770k
    gtx 680
    16gb ram
    250 gb ssd
  20. Yanni

Haha Windows 8 is c***... heard that so many times from people I know.

Seriously all I hear is 'It boots really quickly and faster than Windows 7'... if thats the only plus it not really worth upgrading yet... I mean I have to boot up my Laptop maybe once every 2-5 days... maybe I save like 20 seconds and thats it. It sure isn't worth all the faffing about trying to get PS2 running because that certainly takes longer than any boot time saved.

My Windows 7 boots up in 25 seconds anyway on a HDD with MSATA =D

Think I will wait for SP1 before I even think about upgrading.