[Suggestion] Planetside 2 and AI?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Mar 30, 2023.

1. AntDX316

I think it would be good to run some training data on how the game goes at least for Emerald. A lot of people don't know what important bases need to be held as they are inexperienced. It can draw them to argue and feel bad or keep staying angry. I've played the game so long that I have a good idea on what to look at and what to possibly do but most don't.

Recommended bases to be should show up to people. Not everyone shows people how to play all the time. There should be base names and up to quick reasons. Pressing a button to show and hide it would be the best way.
  2. Demigan

A couple of things:

- game design should encourage players to do something automatically and enjoy doing it. You need something that makes people want to capture a base, but also want to defend one just as hard. Losing should still mean you gain something out of it so you don’t promote Zerging but participating. No participating trophies, but rather small rewards for completing sub-tasks in a base so even losing means you still gained something for what you did regardless of winning or losing. You could even add rewards for slowing down a Zerg, since losing a base in the face of a Zerg isn’t a loss if you can make them take longer to achieve it.

- AI is pretty hard to train. For example they trained an AI to recognize skin cancer using pictures, only to find out that it recognized a ruler as cancer. What happened was that most pictures with skin cancer had a ruler in it to show how big it was. Knowing what an AI has actually learned is hard specifically because we didn’t program what it learned. People have shown to be notoriously bad at gathering the correct data and make the correct links to what is important or not. See “this anti-tank weapon scores more infantry kills so it makes it superior against vehicles to the other anti-tank weapon”. So you’d need a perfect data set with a perfect links. But what are those? And wouldn’t volumes screw the data? Like an important base gets captured too little to matter for the data sets and now players are being send away from it rather than towards it?
  3. Vargbett

There is already a AI Created for Anti Cheat, all cheats will be detected