Places i haven't been to on Indar

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WetPatch, Aug 18, 2015.

1. WetPatch

Indar: 70 bases, i haven't fought a battle at 27 of them. Indar should be known as the stalemate continant, what erks me more is that some of them bases have pretty good designs, but on the flip side the bases that do get 100% of the attention on Indar some of them have really bad designs and need monumental efforts to capture sometimes.

Here is a list of bases ive never been to since Lattice was introduced.

1: NS Salvage Yard
    2: Indar Waste Treatment
    3: Saurva Data Storage
    4: Benson Construction
    5: Camp Connery
    6: Alkali Storage
    7: Alkali Mining Supply
    8: Crater Firing Range
    9: J908 Impact Site (First time i seen this base, i was blown away)
    10: Indar Bay Point
    11: Highlands Solar Station
    12: Ayani Labs
    13: Ceres Farms
    14: Vanu Archives
    15: Ceres Biotech
    16: Highlands Substation
    17: Peris Barracks
    18: Peris Amp Station
    19: Peris Field Tower
    20: Gravel Pass
    21: Blackshard Iridium Mine
    22: The Stronghold
    23: Feldspar Canyon Base
    24: Valley Storage Yard
    25: Old Auraxium MIne
    26: Arroyo Torre Station
    27: Copper Ravine Station

Indar needs another revamp, i did like someones suggestion of making these nothing bases netral bases, where you cant re spawn at (unless sundy is placed at it) where only the Terminals can be used by either faction. Also i think this would promote a true combined arms game style of having to protect convoys from 1 major respawn base to the next.
  2. FateJH

Some people believe Indar needs to be reclaimed by the ocean.
  3. Pikachu

Here's my personal heat map of activity on Indar. The south west blue part are ghost towns.
    [IMG]
  4. Eternaloptimist

But I love it. Nice and brown, lots of open spaces for large and combined arms operations. Good lines of sight for medium to long range engagements and no irritating trees to get in the way of anit air. For sure, it has been so heavily played that the choices of battlegroung get a bit samey but I think that is as much to do with the current siege mentality, where its all about capping bases as the only reward mechanism. Taht.....and the easy access to vehicles and Maxes and so on.
  5. FieldMarshall

I really, really hate the back and forth tank battles at places like howling pass and indar excavation.
    I dont mind Indar, but when you log off and come back 2 hours later and the map is exactly the same with the same boring fights its a bit hard to find reasons to stay online.
  6. Leftconsin

I'm just afraid that any revamp would be way too infantry friendly and remove the need for vehicles. I love northern Indar. The vehicle fights are wonderful and are a great refreshment after being forced through CQC choke points that are most other bases. Indar's only problem is there are a few specific bases that are too hard to capture.
  7. Ianneman

Indar is ******* amazing. It is BY FAR the most immersive continent, the most challenging continent and it just has the best places to fight.
  8. Taemien

I've been to every corner of Indar at some point or another.. even as early as pre-warpgate rotation. I just haven't seen every incarnation of every base as they are currently. Mostly the areas in front of the warpgates. Alerts typically end before getting that far.

On another note, I don't understand some of you. You guys claim some parts of Indar are too hard to capture. I could have sworn Forumside wanted ALL bases to be like that. I mean.. you do realize that's what they mean right? For all bases to be like those hard to capture ones, favoring defenders.
  9. Pikachu

But it has the worst choke points and most repetitive fights and way too many bases.
    [IMG]

The only great thing about Indar is the multi terrain. Took a while to enjoy the other continents at first because of it.
  10. JohnGalt36

I love and hate it. It's great if you're into long-range tanking, where you just exchange shells, but it sucks for flanking. You have to drive for an hour to get around behind enemy armor. There is nothing more frustrating than driving for 30 minutes to flank and break an armor line just to hit a tank mine right before you get there.