Placed C-4 Lights Up

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mythicrose12, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Mythicrose12

From the patch notes :

Anyone else feel this is more of a placebo nerf? It's not common to leave C-4 bricks laying around long enough to be discovered in the first place. I'm not complaining as I don't see how this will alter the current C-4 game play at all.

I won't call this a waste of developer time (probably didn't take much time to implement), but I would've preferred to see them fix the issue of clicking the detonator 5x before an explosion occurs. This bug doesn't happen all the time, but has a knack of manifesting itself when I need that C-4 detonated the most.
    • Up x 2
  2. tastyBerryPunch

Tanks and Maxes will still keep dying. A minimal change that won't have any impact on 99% of C-4 users.
    • Up x 2
  3. MFP_TK_01

Mines have been lit for a while and yet people still run over those. Don't worry, you'll be fine.
    • Up x 1
  4. Yil

I must be missing something, I don't remember my AP mines ever having a light on them.
  5. BalogDerStout

I really don't get why everything in this game needs to light up with blinkies.

That said, most of the time I use U4 is as light assault. And I can only recall maybe one or two situations this would have mattered. Once when I C4ed an entryway while holding a capture point, baddie walked in and boom, and another time I was being chased by enemies, turned and C4ed the door, pooped them when they ran in behind me.

Most of the time, you're dropping it on tanks/Sundies and are slamming the trigger button as fast as you can before you die.
  6. MFP_TK_01

Mine do. They stick out of the ground about 6 inches and have 2 spotlights attached to it going out at 45 degree angles.
  7. WookLordz

Next up: A giant disco ball that appears over your head when you pull out the detonator, and the brick leaves a trail of rainbows and unicorns when you toss it.....

Can they dumb this game down any more?
    • Up x 1
  8. Mythicrose12

As I said, I wasn't complaining. This change just seems odd. I some what understood the AP mines getting lights as they are set-it and forget-it explosives. C-4 is rarely used in that fashion. It is generally blown the moment the bricks are set (thus rendering the light effect practically useless). That's why adding lights to placed C-4 is rather odd.
  9. MFP_TK_01

Nothing odd about it, think of it like a signal that they are armed.
  10. HadesR

It's so you can see them as they fly through the air after being chucked like a grenade
  11. Cirevam

Technically C4 already had lights on it, but they were really tiny and you couldn't see them unless the brick was stuck to your face. I'm not sure how I feel about this change since I don't use C4 yet.
  12. Stellus

I can still chain pull up to 40 C4. Have fun waiting for your vehicle and MAX timers to expire while I drop it down on your friends' 450 resource tanks like confetti. Because that's totally fair, right? If I fail, I just pull two more and try again.
    • Up x 1
  13. Jaxxx

The only time I leave a C-4 brick lying around is when I am killed before detonating the brick. At that point its pretty much useless
  14. Bolticus

This sucks.
    At least for me.
    I recently learning of a little tactic in which you place C4 in a enemy teleporter before it's fully capped. Then you detonate it after they cap it, killing everyone inside. With this change, they actually might see the C4! :(
  15. MFP_TK_01

And?
  16. Bolticus

The tactic will be invalid......
    If they shoot it on sight. Before everyone get in.
  17. MFP_TK_01

As I said in another thread, mines have lights as well, hasn't stopped anyone from running over them.
  18. WookLordz

This tanker/max whining about C4 is getting old. Maybe I'll start whining about tanks farming infantry with HE rounds.

Play as a team, steer clear of tall building, have infantry cover, maybe play as a LA to learn the tactics you want to avoid, and most importantly, stop whining.
  19. soeguud

right. how frequently?
  20. jak

The only thing that's going to prevent me from blowing up tanks and making people cry about it is if they turn C4 into a remotely detonated smoke grenade. They could put a big disco ball of flashing lights with an extremely loud warning siren on me and it wouldn't really matter. Most people that drive vehicles and cry about C4 are going to be too stupid to pay attention to anything other than that next infantry they're trying to one shot.
    • Up x 1