[Suggestion] Placeable Nanite Repair Pad

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Diilicious, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Diilicious

An item that takes up the turret slot of an engineer.

it is a small pad, about 1.5m squared and about 10cm tall that will automatically repair vehicles that are near it.

it is flat so it can be driven on without being destroyed or hampering vehicle movement.

perhaps with a repairing radii of 6 meters, so enough to repair 2 lightnings side by side if they were both half on it.

Conditions
    Can not be placed on player objects (tanks, jets, etc)
    Pads areas of influence do not stack
    No cooldown on repair (like sunderer ability)

Certs
    400c - Initial cost, Repair range set to 4m, repair rate 10% of repair tool
    250c - Increases repairing range by 1m and repair rate by 20%
    500c - increases repairing range by an additional 1m and furthers repair rate by 30%
    1000c - increases repairing range by an additional 1m and furthers repair rate by 40%
    1000c - Can repair Max units standing directly on the pad at reduced 50% repair rate
    • Up x 2
  2. Keidranex

I'm personally for this, as it still allows the engineer to resupply players, but only sacrificing an offensive tool in favour of support. This could also work with vehicle ammo. But it shouldn't stack with proximity repair from sunderers/galaxies, and whichever has the faster repair rate will get the XP.
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

let it repair maxes too... drop it in a covered area, put down ammo packs in the middle and let the maxes repair/resupply themselves
  4. RedArmy

this would be similar to the medic shield bubble as an engi this would likly replace your standard repair tool and work at a reduced rate. Personally i would support this also as it has good abilities for guarding points or bunkering without the threat of having to be directly behind the max within grenade c4 range.
    when im defending or repairing maxes i feel that theres nothing much else i can do, i cant help push out cuz nobody else help repair anything.
    While were at it, if the NS repair tool can give, why can it not take away? have it damage vehicles and maxes by left clicking if not auto damage enemy vehicles at reduced effectiveness to repairing of course. when im in my anti infantry or bunker loadout i dont have the ability to damage turrets or vehicles and this puts me at a disadvantage, engineers are supposed to the the jack of all classes
  5. _itg

I'm all for new toys for engis, but the repair sunderer already fills this role quite well. The things a deployable repair station does better are also likely to be bad for the game. Do we really want people placing these under their deployed sunderers? How about TR players putting them under lockdown/GK prowlers?
  6. cobaltlightning

This seems like a fun new toy idea. I'd let it heal MAXes on its first rank onwards and take up the repair gun slot.

They would be at a reduced repair rate, of course, so at best probably the same rate as first rank of NAR without the delay.
  7. RedArmy

the medic shield regen tool already does this to the sundie shields, why not repair too.