Pistols Pistols Pistols

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Feb 5, 2014.

1. ISKNausicaa

With WDS and stalker cloak i thought it was high time to talk about our pistol selection, which do you like/run with currently and which will you be running with on the stalker cloak?

On my VS main I generally run with the Underboss, Commissioner for stopping power and knife kill combos or the Cerberus for silent killing at close range.

On my NC char, Underboss, Commissioner, the Magshot for a really reliable weapon, these were all recently topped by the Desperado which is a close range infantry mincing machine (99 kills in a single session).

With the stalker cloak I'll more than likely be running with the Cerberus for my VS and the Desperado for my NC

Do you believe the NS and burst fire pistols are too prevalent?
  2. Tenebrae Aeterna

I'm looking forward to the new melee weapons that they intend to eventually release. When it comes to close quarters combat, I've never been an individual who plays with guns...but rather, enjoys gutting my foes. I'll be trying to make the knife work without the use of the pistol for this reason alone...and to avoid causing a sound signature that could cripple my already wounded stealth capabilities.
    • Up x 1
  3. DevDevBooday

I use Inquisitor because I love it.

90% will just say Underboss or Commissioner because NS pistols are OP as hell.
  4. Snipe-yo-face-yall

NS Pistols are good if you are good at aiming... If not repeater! If stalker cloak does come out silenced repeater is the way i'm going. ;)
  5. ISKNausicaa

True in a stand up fight, if you can aim, and are facing just 1 or 2 opponents, the thing is near a group of enemies those pistols usually lead to an early grave if they are even slightly aware.

I think though with stalker cloaking the Repeater or Desperado are going to reign supreme for their TTK, not sure what the stand out silenced pistol for the VS is though tbh, the Cerberus is great for 2 hit kills at close range but its a close thing with the other VS pistols.
  6. Mastachief

This and stalker cloak will be hugely OP, almost shotgun cloak again. It will be the dick loadout.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nocturn0l

I kinda like all the Pistols NC has. Lately i use the Desperado besides my commissioner and find it decent. It kills fast but the magsize is terribly low, if i come across HAs i usually have to reload before i get the kill, even if i get the jump on them and despite my decent 43% accuracy. I know that doesn't happen when i use the magshot and the commissioner pierces through resist shield at close range but is pretty bad against NMG/ADR+NW users since it puts it at a 5 shots to kill.

The rebel is not bad since the last buff, but when equipping a suppressor the 4 shots to kill range drops from 15m to 10m, Which is quite the deal if you ask me.

Don't like Vanu Pistols at all.
    TR Pistols seem to be absolute top quality
    • Up x 1
  8. ironeddie

Manticore. Previously I used the commissioner but in preparation for going pistol only when we get stalker I wanted a pistol I could whack a suppressor on.

Went Manticore over other vs pistols for its larger clip and ammo pool and only slightly lower damage over the other. Thought it an OK trade off and i've not been doing badly with it.

Although I must admit I'm not totally sold on losing my primary weapon. Think I might be switching cloak type a lot depending on situation.
  9. Get2dachoppa

Not seeing it. NS pistols can't be equipped with suppressors and are loud as hell. Fire it once, your presence and position are blown so there is definitely a downside to them. And other pistols can drop a target extremely quickly with a headshot (or body shot burst) followed by a knife.
    • Up x 1
  10. Executioner Smough

TX1 repeater has always been a beast of a sidearm, with my suppressor and a laser sight it's devastating in combination with a knife.
    I like the combo so much I barely ever pull my SMG infi for CQC, I just swap from my SOAS to my sidearm.
  11. Stinneyt

I'm almost auraxium with the TX2 emperor.
    I win a lot of 1v1 encounters with it. Granted I'm using infiltrator cloak/darts to dictate the terms of that encounter.
  12. BloodyPuma

I was thinking about pistols because of incoming stalker cloak. I had my time with Commisioner. Its got nice punch, very fun to use but its just not my playstyle.

If i were to choose only one pistol - it would be Manticore. Im used to it, its capable of killing and im feeling comfy with it. Cerberus is at first glance a very cool pistol but there is always a risk that you could be outgunned by other pistol users. And that kinda big "meh". If you did A game, and enemy did A game - you loose.

Lastly - beamer. My advice - if you have very high fps - 90+ choose this weapon. In this fluidity of gameplay its the best vanu pistol bar non - even NS. If you got much less fps - you will be taxed by input lag which occurs on lower fps [the same is for strafing, jumping etc]. Below 60 fps - you will not use this gun potential. Assuming that you aim good.

Vanu pistols are not bad. But...

Honestly - I prefer NC and TR pistols. I feel them better and can control them better. Its about of mixtue of dps/ shot by shot rythm/ recoil/ sights - not single stat. On paper some of them looks the same. In practice - nope.

I dont wanna nerf anything, op anything or stuff. I just feel that we need 2-3 more variants of pistols more. I would love burst pistol for vanu.
  13. AccelPrime

Vanu pistols are pretty much copies of certain other pistols, except they've all got some stat that make them slightly inferior. So yeah, i'd say that Vanu pistols are in a pretty bad spot.

I still don't understand why both NC & TR has burst-fire pistols while Vanu does not...

If I actually do get the stalker cloak on my VS i'll be using the Commie, but i'd be much more inclined to get it on my TR or NC, because infinite cloak + burst fire pistol = fun. :D
    • Up x 1
  14. ZephyrBurst

I unlocked the Cerberus and gave it a suppressor a few months back in preparation.
  15. Chad444

16. Catch23

I also use the Inquisitor. best pistol in the game if put on auto. otherwise worst. hipfire to the head

DPM!, good sights, good accuracy, pretty good DPS.
    on my alts I use the Commissioner. Alpha.

Desperados accuracy isnt good enough for its low DPM imho

Repeater is great for point blank but you can't really strafe with it due to low DPM, at least vs HAs
  17. Sworaven

I might use the crossbow depending on how it performs. Otherwise I'll probably run a silenced Repeater or one of the NS pistols.

Personally I did not enjoy using the Inquisitor. It always felt like I was trying to tickle a target to death. The TX2 Emperor seems a more viable option when you're looking for semi-auto pistol that you're able to surpress.

I don't think the NS pistols are OP. They're unforgiving if you're not able to land your shots. You might get killed reloading your sluggish Commissioner while the other guy was just spamming his Beamer.

Unless you're using some macro, you can't put the Inquisitor on full-auto.
  18. harmypants

I really like the Rebel for the NC, especially since the buff from 8 rounds to 10. Commissioner is part of every TR loadout though.
  19. Cromell

Underboss most of the time. Can't get myself to like the Commissioner somehow... I like the Emperor too and I can't deny usefulness of Repeater in close combat.

Somebody said NS pistols are OP. No, not really. They are highly rewarding to anyone with decent enough aim, but other than that default pistols fill the role of a secondary much better and more reliably.
  20. Polskija

I'm running with the Commissioner. I like the way it made me work with my aim and make my shots count. Haven't yet decided on the stalker cloak. Haven't auraxiumed my SMG yet.