Pilots on Amerish and Esimir

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Konfuzfanten

So i play on Ceres and i do a lot of solo/duo on Amerish and Esimir.

So after the server merge i have noticed a new trend:
    A few guys are attacking/defending a small base/tower and then a handful of enemy ESF's shows up and start randomly lolpoding (nothing new here), BUT then they never touch the ground or try to recap the capture points. Letting me sit and just wait for the cap.

2 examples from today:

My friend and i was duo taking Jaegers crossing (all 3 points taken by us):
    4 enemy ESF and a prowler show up. They kill our sundy, we take out the prowler and then...nothing. The 4 ESF's just fly slowly around the tower lolpod'ing the tower randomly never hitting me or my friend while we keep farming the same 2 guys that keep spawning trying to defend the tower. We where sitting more or less right on top of capture point A for a good 3 mins and not one of the enemy ESF's landed and flipped capture point B or C. So we took Jaegers crossing, then got prowler zerged 5-10 mins later, but thats how it is.

40 mins later, im on Amerish, solo capping West Pass Watchtower:
    All the capture points are mine. Im fighting a single enemy guy that keeps respawning trying to kill me, not succeeding. Then 3 ESF's and an enemy lib(2 crew) shows up....and again they lolpod the tower but they dont land and flip the outerlaying capture points. Me pretty much just waiting for the poor infantry guy to try and cap then going in and killing him over and over until i get the tower and the ESF+lib flies away.

Its doesnt happen every time, but it happens a few times every evening since the server merge.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
  2. IMTasty

I've seen aircrafts and ground vehicles do that since beta.
  3. Dudeman325420

A fairly common trend across all servers, continents, factions, and vehicles. The problem is that there isn't much incentive to get out of the vehicle to capture something when you can usually get more xp sitting and blasting any infantry which are actually trying to win the fight.