[Suggestion] PETITION TO REMOVE BASTIONS!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, May 20, 2020.

1. TRspy007

Much like the thread about OS, it's evident that bastions - at least in their current state - deal more harm than good for the game. If anything, the game would be better off if the escalation update was reversed.

I doubt the devs are capable of balancing the things, and there's already a ton of threads on how the bastion could have been improved. So this thread will simply be to discuss how many people would agree with just scraping these things. Here are my main reasons:

1. Bastions serve 0 purpose to enhance fights. In any scenario where I have encountered a bastion, everyone at the fight just leaves. Some people even log off directly when they see one pulled.
    2. Bastions aren't useful to the faction. Yeah, they might help gain a few points towards an alert, but that's something that could easily be adjusted. Currently they are just advanced farming tools.
    3. There is no "real" counter to the bastion (please, for obvious reasons, don't mention the new tank). It's able to farm ground and air alike, unless another bastion is pulled. Great in theory, however since it's usually the same zergfit on a different faction that gets enough resources to chain-pull bastions, we rarely see more than one at a time. When there are more than one, they usually each pick a spot to farm in a corner, away from each other.
    4. The bastions don't bring faction identity. It's just more recycled gear from arena, in a lazy implementation. They could have at least designed them to look differently for each faction, it just further messes with the lore of the game - because it wasn't even meant for the game in the first place.
    5. To actually make bastions fun, they would have to be something other than free 1k + killstreak machines. For the people that pull them, that doesn't seem like something they would like.
    There's a few more things, but I'll let others share their thoughts...
    • Up x 8
  2. Blam320

How about "no?" Bastions are a super fun tool for Outfits to use, rewarding them for their contributions to the battles for Auraxis. If you don't actively defend them, they get shredded by aircraft. The upcoming Colossus super-heavy tank has also been designed with the ability to hard-counter Bastions with piercing projectiles that can hit Bastion softpoints.

Yes, I just mentioned the new tank. It's still a War Asset but you're really just complaining about things for the sake of complaining about them. Have you even joined an Outfit?

Plus, "chain pulling" Bastions is impossible for a single outfit to do; each component requires several hours to craft.

Instead of just whining about how things need to be removed because you, personally feel like they aren't fun, how about you actually come up with some constructive suggestions? I'm getting really sick and tired of the massive "we hate the game and the devs yet we still play" circle jerk the forums have turned into.
  3. Mozgoved

Bastions should be much much cheaper - so that small outfits can pull them too, but have a cooldown of 12 hours, not to make them spammable.

Also the owner should not be able to lock it, so that everyone has a chance to gun one.
    • Up x 1
  4. TRspy007

I'm in solo and large outfits. I've spammed war assets left and right.

Also, assets can be sped up with more resources, something larger outfits have little problem doing.

I said don't mention the tank, it's more of target practice for the bastion than anything else. I doubt you'll even be able to let off a shot from that thing before the bastion cannons tear you to pieces. Basically it's something people will pull under the cover of their bastion, to farm vehicles and infantry.

Literally just pointed out some people log off and everyone vanishes from the fight when a bastion appears. Also seems to be at least 2 people that agree with me so far, so yeah, not a "whining" about something I "personally don't find fun".

"you're really just complaining about things for the sake of complaining about them"

Lol, we'll end that there
  5. Trebb

Yeah, not a fan of more A2G spam myself. And can confirm I see people log off when one craps on a good fight. That said they can be somewhat easy to take out with coordination.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

yep just reverty the whole escalation update,
    spitfires everywhere, pocket orbital strikes,
    bastions hovering immortal over fights between the other two factions getting 600 player killstreaks...
    as much as i hate when wrel ruined NC max i've gotta say that escalation is hands-down THE WORST update ever.
    yeah, we all freaking hate it...
    • Up x 1
  7. waystin2

ME when a bastion arrives... [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  8. SilentDrone

I'll be honest. At first when you farted in my thread I was a bit angry. But after browsing through forum I realised something.
    And now I feel sorry for you.
    BTW it's good that you put your sig back up. Don't be ashamed of who you are.
    • Up x 1
  9. Blam320

I think you missed the part where the Devs showed the Colossus has a freaking bubble shield that's Cortium powered, and meant to keep the tank safe from Bastion bombardment.

That really goes to show how little you really know about not only the game, but the upcoming content.
  10. TRspy007

..... alright dude (war assets cannot be sped up right).

Or should I call you Wrel in disguise?

I know the escalation update was probably one of the worst updates, and that's clearly reflected in daily gameplay. You're right, I don't really look forward to the "upcoming content", because it's just more garbage that brings along more bugs, or the somewhat interesting stuff gets delayed/cancelled. If it's to ruin the game like this, I and a few other players would rather updates just stup altogether.

If you really think that tank is going to survive against a bastion, then 2 things:

a) You could be right, the tank could have a bubble that makes it invincible. In which case everyone will cry it is OP, and for good reason.
    b) Like most shields, the added health bubble will just be a gimmick, that adds maybe 0.0001 seconds of extra survivability, before being obliterated. Most likely scenario; the "cortium powered" is a nice indication.

Quite frankly, if you can't follow the trends by now and all this seems foreign to you, I would argue you're the one who doesn't play the game.
    • Up x 1
  11. TRspy007

Lemme know when you REALIZE how to write 2 coherent English sentences.

My threads have gotten more support that yours - probably because nobody can decipher what you're writing - seriously dude, you type your posts using Enigma? So yeah....keep trolling about?
  12. OneShadowWarrior

Signed

They added even more fuel to the fire by encouraging even more spawn camping and ignored long standing bugs or performance fixes with DX11.

It’s ok I play the game for free now, I won’t spend money on products that I don’t want.
    • Up x 2
  13. TRspy007

Yeah, I am more disappointed than usual, everyone just mostly ghostcaps/zergs in their corner now. Entire continents frequently get ghost-capped, it's ridiculous. The little fights there are just get pummeled with nukes or scared off with a bastion. Can't even have a decent fight anymore.

And all the bugs and server performance went from bad to worse - I didn't even know it was possible.

I want to support the game, but there's just no way I can invest anything if the team can't even set their basic priorities right.
  14. Garmus

Copy/pasta my post from another thread. I can say EXACTLY the same words in this thread too.

• Up x 1
  15. Tramplex

From my experience bastions really not doing anything to capture territory unless point is in the open so they can spam it. Dozens of times i saw bastion on lane and it is being pushed to warpgate. Whats the point then? Oh yeah the cert flow for person pulling bastion. This about easy killing bastion is ******** cause i dont even try to go in esf. I spen a mounth trying to compete with other people but it is simply impossible. They dont give you a chance. You cannot learn anything when you die all the time. And that is how it works right now in game people that have been flying for years wreck everybody so no one even try to get in it. And THAADAA you pull esf for free from bastion. Magnificent.
    Orbital strikes that are being spammed. I saw once how dudes dropped 14 OS on one base one by one. Yeaaah very fun.
    PS And yes i go to other base immediatelly if i see bastion. No point in doing anything there. And if theres no fights without bastions i go play something else.
    • Up x 1
  16. Liewec123

Had more of these invincible sky b1tches ruining fights last night,
    They have no purpose, they just turn up at fights between the other two factions and farm.

Any competent dev team would let us actually DAMAGE THEM.
    Why the Fk did we have to get stuck with DBG and their idiot youtuber lead dev...
    Seriously, at this point i'd rather that SOE give the game to EA than these m0rons.
    • Up x 3
  17. Johannes Kaiser

I mean, EA games are microtransaction-heavy af, but in general of solid quality (with some exceptions). Might just work. :D
    Unfortunately I believe the rights can't be taken back and resold/gifted.
    • Up x 1
  18. Liewec123

yeah, generally i consider EA to be the worst gaming company in the world, but Wrel is like "hold my explosions"
    plus i've pumped enough cash into this game that EA would be drooling.
    and at EA if some dumb youtuber wanted to add invincible flying kill machines that go on 600 player killstreaks,
    someone would slap em and tell em to sit down.
    here however it just seems that every stupid idea is getting thrown in.
    • Up x 2
  19. Hereyagoboom

Last night a bastion showed up and the farm was on. I saw a guy type "once the bastions gone you're screwed," and bastion left and we resumed the fight. It was just a pause. I have more of a problem with liberators, harassers , and melee infils. then I do the bastion. I too play for free now; it's gotten rediculous.
    • Up x 2
  20. TRspy007

yeah, I'm not a huge fan of EA, but at least they have limits
    • Up x 1