Petition against LA nerf present in test server.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kyouki, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goretzu

Well looking at your statistics a silent Jetpack isn't helping much, I agree. :confused:
    But other than that I have no idea where I'd find the statisitics for being shot in the ear from a postion only accessible by a silent Jetpack. :D

So you want a weapon that equals a pellet shotgun at CQC and a slug & scope Shotgun at range? Doesn't exist, sorry.
  2. Hagestol

I've no idea on how to find that either but it doesn't matter. What does matter is if this is being abused. If it isn't, and different people play different classes then there is no problem.

Huh? I want LMGs, which work for long and short range. If you remove our stealth then you have to add to our offense. The shotguns you refer to only work when you're allowed to shoot freely and only for the vanu as bullet drop kills it for others. So in no proper battles.
  3. Goretzu

As I said the Devs may have something like that, but not players, so asking for the impossible is unsurprisingly impossible and not an arguement in any sense of the word.

No LMGs are great at long range AND at CQC with the same certs. You can cert certain LMGs to be decent at CQC, but they are still outshined by Shotguns, SMGs and in many cases CQC carbines.

You can also cert other LMGs for long range, but this massively reduces thier CQC ability.

There is no LMG that is great in CQC and long range combat at the same time, at least that I know of, if you know of them please list them (tbh they need to be nerfed).

So you're asking for the impossible. o_O
  4. giltwist

5. Hagestol

There are plenty of awesome LMGs at mid range, which is where we'll be fighting if this hits. So yeah.
  6. Goretzu

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised by that.

You keep changing the goal posts. :D

At mid range there are many very, very viable Carbines, as well as Shotguns with Slugs and Scope and SMG certed in some ways.
  7. PanH

Ok, here are the stats for everyone too lazy to go check them. Served by SoE, thanks :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=33

Average score per class per hour :
    Max : 12k
    Engi, 8.5k
    Medic : 7.8k
    LA : 6.4k
    HA : 7.4k
    Inf : 5.3k

LA is not OP by any stretch. Inf is definitively under powered, but saying that LA is OP is nonsense.
    "Hey guys, LA can attack by surprise silently, and yet they do worse than most classes ? Wonder why. I guess it's because their jetpack is silent, let's 'buff' it."
    If anything, LA shouldn't be nerfed, but rather LA and Inf buffed (Inf way more).
    • Up x 4
  8. PanH

Ok, here are the stats for everyone too lazy to go check them. Served by SoE, thanks :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=33

Average score per class per hour :
    Max : 12k
    Engi, 8.5k
    Medic : 7.8k
    LA : 6.4k
    HA : 7.4k
    Inf : 5.3k

LA is not OP by any stretch. Inf is definitively under powered, but saying that LA is OP is nonsense.
    "Hey guys, LA can attack by surprise silently, and yet they do worse than most classes ? Wonder why. I guess it's because their jetpack is silent, let's 'buff' it."
    If anything, LA shouldn't be nerfed, but rather LA and Inf buffed (Inf way more).
    • Up x 1
  9. Hagestol

They can be used to kill people. They are WORSE than all the other options. Far worse. Thats the point. I can kill people at range with the beamer, doesn't make it a good gun.
  10. AndreyMusaty

I've got an excellent idea: why don't we ask developers to add a distinctive (and easily positioned) sound to HAs shield activation? I mean, really, those guys are having this über-powerful feature that makes them double as powerful as any other class, but they're completely silent! I think it would be a great addition, as it would instantly alert you to HA presense as well as signalling you a time to bug out (as HA's movement speed is decreased, so you have a better chance of running away). ;)
    • Up x 3
  11. Stargazer86

How about increasing the sound of MAX footsteps? I mean, those things are giant metal walking tanks! You should be able to hear those coming from a mile away, right? And those have dual chainguns, shotguns, and more health than any individual soldier! That's just not fair. I should be able to hear them clonking along and run away before I ever see them.
  12. AndreyMusaty

Speaking of the sounds in general...

I think MAXes should be making sound from they power suits even when not moving around. Some kind of humming sound and minor hydraulics/actuator sounds that can be heard from the next room or across a larger room (10-20 m away). Footsteps should be clearly heard from 50 meters away in a quiet environment and running/jumping should be heard from 80-90 m away. And the main source of noise shouldn't be the steps, but the constant and variably pitched sound of a power source (think gas turbine and/or powerful electric actuators).

Also it would be really cool, if sounds from explosions from outside would be dampened by the walls around (by applying a low-pass filter on sounds originating from outside?) and reverberate inside slightly too (if you have ever been inside a WWI bunker or in a quiet deep underground metro station, you know what I mean).

Currently the sounds are sure impressive, but still break the immersion somewhat, because it seems like buildings are almost completely transparent to sounds.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dragonblood

yeah sure.....that will screw their incredible flanking abilities. XD
  14. Kyouki

This is NOT a comparison between infiltrators and Light Assault! Stop bringing this up. Infiltraotrs on Average have lower scores probably because a lot of them stick to sniping instead of an smg which would benefit them greatly in actual combat.
  15. Ripshaft

Yep, making jetpacks sound cool is probably the most inconsiderate action they could take, HAVE THEY NO SHAME!?!!?

(also petitions are against forum rules)
  16. Hagestol

Jetpacks already sound cool and can also be detected ingame if you listen. So nah.
  17. giltwist

SMGs do help quite a bit however:

1) SMGs are still objectively worse than a lot of what other classes get except in a few niche cases.
    2) Many members of these forums consistently petition for the SMG to be removed from infiltrators because it is "overpowered"
    3) SOE clearly believes Infiltrators are supposed to be sniping, given the available equipment for the class.
    4) SMGs do not bridge the score gap created by LA's ability to effectively combat vehicles.
  18. Goretzu

At the ranges you are talking about Carbines and Shotguns with Slugs and Scopes are perfectly competative with LMGs.

There is no weapon in the game that has pellet Shotgun DPS in CQC and LMG DPS in medium/long range, sorry it just doesn't exist.
  19. Hagestol

Just go try the orion or the saw, then try your pelletguns. Then go look at the stat charts. You can't be serious. Show me the stat comparisons saying they are equally good, because I don't believe that (and the burden of proof is on you here)
  20. Goretzu

In your example the SAW is a brillant medium to close long-range weapon (when fully certed), however when certed like that I'd honestly rather use a pistol in CQC (certainly the new NS pistol coming out) because the CoF is so bad hipfire.
    Now you can, of course, cert a SAW for CQC, but then it loses much of its medium and close-long range power and still isn't that good in CQC compared to other better CQC LMG (Anchor, GD-22S and even the EM6 - the EM1 is plain rubbish all around and the SAW S is lacking too), however even the best CQC LMG certed for CQC doesn't beat a pellet PA Shotgun in CQC, and a LMG like that is much poorer at longer range.

No weapon has it all, sorry that's just how it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.