Performance and lag problem again

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Terressias, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Terressias

Hey guys, I think i am finished with this game. I am playing this game for third year. My Dell Inspiron 7720 with GT650m never even met minimum requirements in 2013, nor does it now. I tweaked a lot and I was able to play on Briggs (380ms btw) with around 50-60 fps on large battles and never had this problem i am going to talk about.
    Of course it was even smoother with optimization patches, fps counter shows me that cpu is bottlenecking, but gameplay was brilliant.

After some time I discovered I am european playing on australian server and I had 380 ms latency on that server, but, I was happy on that server because game was running smooth. But I thought it will be even more better to play on european server, Miller, and there problems started: That problem is fps drops, lag, input llag I never had on briggs! I had good latency, around 80ms even in large battles. With incorporating shield and healt field, hell started.

Every time when there is a lot of players on one place shooting at each other, fps drop, slugish gameplay, input lag. I was like, wtf? Is my Laptop dying? Every other game perform good, but planetside get crazy.Fps counter in planetside start to show that GPU is bottlenecking. So I stopped playing hoping that it will be better.

1.1.2016 i came back, tried changing maximum pre render frames in nvidia settings from default, which I read somewhere its 3, to 1. I started the game, went to Indar where was Alert going on, went to 24-48 battle, guys, it was like dream, game was never smoother, 60 fps all the time, cpu bottlenecking, never gpu, I was so glad I can play this game again. I played it for 30 minut, no overtheating, no fps drops.

I return back to game that evening, for fun i changed that rendering thingy from 75 to 90. FPS 60 GPU bottlenck. Set it back to 75 and went to battle. And good old problem came back. A lot of players on place, I think it was 12-24 on both sides, Lags, input lags. fps drops from 60 to 40, no shield or heal fields and problems still occurs.

I want to ask guys, is there any hope for my oldie laptopy that I can make som tweaking and make that game playable again? Or I can just quit because I don't have money for new PC?
  2. Pfundi

Well Lag isnt due to your PC but your connection.
    And Im already amazed you can complain about only getting 40 FPS with that well below recommended specs.
  3. Terressias

Why I complain is fact, that from below 50 fps game start to be slugish, has stuttering lags and in extreme situation when i try to aim or move, game does not respond, i aim, but when i try to move with mouse it simply does not react, I often find myself killed because I am aiming to one point, everything is stuttering and slow.
  4. Pfundi

You could of course limit your FPS to that 40 you mentioned, it would be steady and no drops. And you'll get used to "only" 40
  5. Terressias

okay, I can try that
  6. DestructorCat

I have something to add. Today I came back to the game on this new account and was horrified by what I experienced. The stuttering was unbearable. I wasn't the only one either, and yes, I used to and still do meet the minimum requirements. I used to even play on ultra with 60 fps, but now I barely pull 40 fps on medium. Everyone else I asked has the same problem too. (They meet the minimum requirements too.) So, tell me something like "it's your connection" when I have 50ms latency. Or perhaps "It's your computer" when I used to play on a GTX 660 just fine and now I have a 970 and FX 4300. Tell me something original.
  7. Grievance

i have the same issue, has there been any solution found ?

used to run great a year ago, now its running horrible
  8. BatmanApollo

looks at your hardware, I don't have such problems.
  9. DestructorCat

"Tell me something original."