PEOPLE WITH poor FPS please post full system spec.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by direwind, Nov 21, 2012.

1. xpsyclosarinx

CPU: AMD Phenom 2 x4 945 black 3.2ghz
    GPU: Radeon HD5870 1GB 850/1200
    RAM: G.skill 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws X C10 1600mh
    Win7 64bit
    Med graphics (flora off)
    Warpgate = 60FPS (manual cap)
    Small fights = 30-45FPS
    Medium fights [squad or two] = 30FPS
    Large fights [platoon(s)] = 10-24FPS <- not nearly good enough...
  2. Diab

AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE @ 3.0GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 4870X2 2GB OC @ 750/900
    Gskill 2x2GB dual-channel DDR2 RAM
    WD Black 1TB
    Win7 64-bit
    All settings at medium minus particles/shadows/effects/terrain at low [as recommended for CPU bottlenecked setups]

Warpgate/no action = ~30fps

Small/medium action outside = ~20fps
    Large-scale action outside = ~15fps

Small action inside = 10-15fps
    Medium/large-scale action indoors = 5-10fps

As you can see, the biggest problem for me comes with indoors battles, especially in main bases with lots of people around. My performance is CPU bottlenecked at all times. I tried an OC of my CPU to 3.5GHz which gave me a very nice boost of 10fps in most cases. But as it wasn't stable at a temperature I liked, I put it back to stock till I get an aftermarket cooler in a couple of days. Will update after that.
  3. Klecha

Warpgate: 25-30fps
    Medium: 25-30fps
    Heavy: 10-25fps, most time around 17fps
  4. p8ntballjunky

cpu- ams 8150 @ 4.5
    ram 16gb ddr3 2133
    gpu- ati 6950 ( flashed to 6970)
    os win7 64bit
    hhd 120 ssd

warpgate 55-60
    medium mid 40
    heavy mid to low 30s

longer i play the lower they go
  5. Clonosaurus

AMD Phenom II X4 840 @ 3.2ghz
    GeForce GTX 460
    8GB RAM
    Win7 64-bit

Warpgate/no action = ~30-45fps

Small/medium action outside = ~20fps
    Large-scale action outside = ~15fps

Small action inside = 10-15fps
    Medium/large-scale action indoors = 5-10fps

TERRIBLE.
  6. CyborgDragon

Yeah, sorry, forgot that part. The CPU does limit my FPS in battles to around 30. But outside of battles, when it's at 60-80, it always say GPU limiting it. And then there's the drops to 0-5, where it says CPU as well.

On that note. With one of the recent patches, I no longer have the issue with FPS dropping to nothing every 10-30 minutes.
  7. KAAS

Dont forget to post your HD!!! A slow or medium speed HD isnt good enough anymore for first person shooters!!
    Also its possible your memory is too slow. DDR2 works on 800Mhz, DDR3 1600Mhz. Lower clockspeeds might chuckle up your system as you GFX card wants moar to process, but the memory cant provide resulting in low FPS. Most people look directly at the graphicscard and CPU. You can buy a very fast ferrari, but when the fuel or tires are crap youre not going to drive anywhere. Same with the latest videocards that can be fast andgood, but whats the point if your memory cant keep up or your harddrive in providing inforation to be rendered. When you have more than 1 card plugged in and working together problems will become bigger when the HD or RAM is too slow.

A 250MB/s read/write Solid state HD might solve your FPS problem if youre still pooping around that steady Maxtor/baracuda mechanicals. I see tons of machines being twice as powerfull as mine and i dont have these issues.

AMD X6, 8Gb DDR3, GTX 460, SSD 500Mb read/write, 60/6 Mbit down/up internetconnection.

But...this is enough tips for one day...the lower YOUR FPS....the better MY score will be. :D
    Im also wondering how much of you is actualy trying to play on a pre-build Dell or something.
  8. Skizerz

That was happening to me too, i even made a video and posted it when I dropped to like 5 fps and lower for no reason. Ironically, it usually happens when im doing nothing and am nowhere near a battle. After the huge drops that last about 15 seconds when my fps goes back to normal i get the terrain flickering glitch, and bad. And I can get my GPU to bottleneck when im A. not in a battle, period B. turn all graphics settings to high. The problem is SOME of the options do affect CPU usage, like shadows, so it can make my CPU bottleneck even worse even though I'm trying to bottleneck my GPU. I usually go with High graphics quality, High Texture quality, and everything else on low.
  9. TheScapegoat

Its a shame this game runs so terrible on medium to higher setups, other titles like Metro, Mass Effect 3, Borderland 2, ect run perfectly at higher/ultra settings.

1920x1080 "medium" settings

Pre. ini adjustment

A10-5800K - @ 4.40Ghz - OC A85 chipset
    8GB of 1866 Ram
    Radeon 5870 2GB, Memory (1310) and Clock (960) max stable.
    Vertex4 SSD

---------------
    Alt + F is posting a blue [CPU] on all scores.
    Warpgates: 45
    Zerg Battles: 20-30 or less
    Zerg Battles aiming down the sights: sub 20

Post .ini adjustmetns

1920x1080 "high" settings

Alt + F is posting a blue [CPU] on all scores, occasionally seeing yellow [GPU]
    Warpgates: 55-60
    Zerg Battles: 40-45
    Zerg Battles aiming down the sights: 35-45
  10. Dark_Swordmaster

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel i5 2500K @ 3.30Ghz
    nVidia GeForce GTX 560 beta drivers 310.61 (drivers updated and rolled back never changed anything)
    8GB RAM
    Monitor limited to 1280x1024 (hilariously old)
    UserSettings.ini ViewDistance=2000
    Lowest possible settings except renderquality.

Now what I don't get is in the very first tech test the game ran absolutely wonderfully on maxed settings, getting 60+ FPS out of battle and ~30 in a large battle. Even at the start of beta it ran pretty well, and towards the tail end it started running incredibly poorly. At first I thought it was the infamous "viewdistance" in UserSettings.ini but even after turning that down to only 1000 it still ran quite poorly. I figured launch would see a non-beta client and therefor a more refined and optimized client. Unfortunately it didn't and I still have framerates I feel aren't justifiable. When I start it up and pop into the warp gate I get 30FPS that quickly dwindles to 20, and by the time I drop into combat it's down to 10 at the highest, 5 at the average, rendering this almost completely unplayable.

Using FRAPS as my primary framerate monitor but I also used ALT+F and it was showing the same low numbers and next to them "[CPU]" which I assume is it telling me that my CPU is the bottleneck. However, my system's above the recommended requirements so I can't imagine getting framerates THIS low with the lowest settings possible. Using the task manager it showed my CPU cores never going over ~80-90% and using MSI Afterburner my GPU was only at 50-80.
  11. ProfessorDannyPhD

Intel i7 2670QM @ 2.20ghz
    8GB ram
    nVidia GT 555m <(Lol laptop)

I get:
    45-60 at wapgate
    40-50 in open areas
    35-45 while flying
    30-40 in small and medium battles
    20-30 in really big battles

This is pretty good for a laptop, but i'd want to see some improvment, since everything is at Med-Low settings.
    Also this thing burns to the touch running at between 85-95 degrees Celsius. After 2 years, no internal damage from heat since there is a fan right on it.
  12. TheScapegoat

Your temp prob has to be failing, at 95C you'd have silicone chip cookies
  13. ProfessorDannyPhD

[IMG]
    Nah, this is normal...
  14. Over-Infinity

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name ACC-VAIO
    System Manufacturer Sony Corporation
    System Model VPCEB47GM
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz, 2667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. R1170Y8, 1/28/2011
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
    User Name acc-VAIO\acc
    Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.67 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.82 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 7.34 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.04 GB
    Page File Space 3.67 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Getting continous spikes, My fps are about 25, then they drop to 1-0, then to 25 then drop to 1-0, help anyone?
  15. Biohazard89

Windows 7 64-bit
    AMD Phenom X6 1100T
    ATI HD 6950
    8GB 1333 Ram (I think, could also be 1600)
    Windows on SSD, planetside running from HDD

I consistently get around 20-30 fps when lots of things happen.
    20-40 when its quiet.
    This goes for any setting either medium or high.
    Low settings get me around 80 fps when quiet. But this dips back to around 30 again in action.
  16. AuralVirus

Win 7 64bit
    i5 750 2.80ghz (will overclock asap)
    ATI 5870
    4gig DDR Ram (going for 8 asap but as I see here it will make little to no difference atm)

When a 16gb / i7 with near top end gfx card gets an avg of 80+ then the "rest" of us will see 60fps, until then don't blame our rigs.

CPU rarely goes above 70% usage (i often watch something on vlc at the same time, on a seperate monitor as it makes no diference to performance eitherway). gpu 60% usage.
    getting exactly the same performance as the 2nd reply poster with i7, 670, 16gb ram.
    20/25 fps in heavy fire fights on medium (can go lower at very large bases* with 2/300 people when on medium, but when set to low, game will splutter from 15-35).
    40-50fps elsewhere rising to 100+fps on medium with some high settings in extremely low population areas.
    *Seems worse on Amerish.

Yes its better since release but still needs further optimization, which SOE have said themselves.

ps whats this crazy talk about xp/duel core users requiring 3gig yet quad core users need 8gig - how is that logical? (i know why xp/duel cores cant utilize more than 3 but surely the quad equivalent would also be 3 (well 4)
  17. Vectovox

Had fps issues since beta, specs are in my signature. My framrate ranges from 30 to 60, where 60 is warpgate and 30 is for battles by them huge complexes.
  18. AuralVirus

Hate to say it but its a laptop with no dedicated gfx card (? that i can see in your list) a very nice laptop but not a triple AAA gaming laptop. Theoretically you have aenough ram (though 8 is suggested 4 seems fine) and adequate cpu but gfx card?
    Best suggestion is sell it or save up & build a desktop pc (sorry i can't lend/give you the cash).
    or try this :-
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/how-to-get-better-fps-by-optimizing-ini.57695/
    or
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/performance-boost-razer-gamebooster.57602/

Your other option is to hope and pray the upcoming optimizations help.
  19. AuralVirus

:eek: May I suggest you use thermal paste that hasn't been boiled away? Hmm come to think of it plonk a cpu cooler on top of the paste just to be safe, preferably with a fan or 5. ;)
  20. Biohazard89

I forgot to mention my CPU use is always around 40-45%
    (isn't there an edit button somewhere?)
    Edit: i found it, but it doesn't seem to be on my earlier post