People keep disappearing outta nowhere

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by VSDerp, Nov 20, 2013.

1. VSDerp

not sure if it's a render issue but enemies keep disappearing outta nowhere. Not sure if anybody else having this issue on mattherson.
  2. pmurgs

It's server lag. The EU servers have been suffering from it for about two and a half weeks now. Double XP weekend has only made it more prominent with the extra load on the servers as more people have logged in to play. No comment from SOE about it so far.
    • Up x 1
  3. A3DELITIST

Im getting this same issue. I was sat on a turret next to warpgate looking at the closest base. Now i can see all buildings and terrain but vehicles and players are not visible yet i know they are the due to the map showing activity.

I sat there for a while i noticed that vehicles did show up some times but only ones very close to warpgate, aircraft literally pop in and out of vision to the point where i find it quite bad and annoying. This has only happened since OMFG.

If i cant see aircraft flying above the closest base then what is the point of even having anti-aircraft turrets outside warpgate?
    Rendering is goosed for me and i have tried a new useroptions.ini file and also tried to edit by trying to manually set render distance even thought im sure that it has never had an effect on the distance players are rendered at (just thought id try it).

Im used to being able to see action in the distance, spotting out aircraft above the next base, spotting out incoming sunderers, but after OMFG things have changed. Is this the OMFG "Optimization" ? simply cut down how far you can see players? im open to suggestions if anyone thinks its my settings and i can change this back.

I have played since beta and yes there have been many bumps in the road but i will not lie, this is my most favourite game to date on PC and i have kept on playing and waited for patches. I really hope this is something permanent, it just does not suit my style of playing.