PC Game Update - 10/19 - Nanite of the Living Dead 4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaughingDead, Oct 18, 2017.

1. DeathRaven

Maybe I am missing it but did they mention how long the downtime will be?
  2. Lamat

Larger COF but no Bloom, it just started bad and stayed bad. LOL
    • Up x 3
  3. lokisrun

No mention of whatever special directive is making everybody spawn as infiltrator and run around with knives, just about the most annoying thing in this game.
  4. Lamat

Must be a VS specific directive
  5. JobiWan

I'll be buying the Slasher and running round with it and annoying anyone I can.
    • Up x 1
  6. Lamat

Me too
    • Up x 1
  7. lokisrun

Everybody has their fetish I guess
  8. JobiWan

No fetish. I want the Phylactery reward.
  9. Lamat

Slasher is cool, but why no hatchet? No axe murderer love?
    • Up x 1
  10. LostMyStuff :(

Just what we needed more pay to win elements added to the game.:mad:
  11. Lamat

Can you explain what you mean?
  12. OgreMarkX

Can anyone help me understand why TR Hellfires (ESF rockets) have such lower damage? There are 16 per load, is that diff from the filthy VS and Hillbilly NC?

Rockets were way OP since last patch, so it's a good change to lessen damage, just wondering why the factions are different.

Also, anything that ups ability of Valks is awesome. I rarely use a Valk and rarely fly in them, but I like what they add to battles.

Sounds like a good round of updates in this patch, good job DBG.
  13. LostMyStuff :(

what I meant lamat is that the only way to get the phylactery implant appears to be to buy knives and implants required for the directive.
  14. Lamat

NC only have 6 free market capitalist rockets, so there you go. Better quality but you get less than the 16 budget communist rockets. I'm not sure how many rockets the scientologists get.
    • Up x 1
  15. JobiWan

You need the Slasher that you can buy with certs, how is that pay to win?
  16. Lamat

And you can't buy it with certs? If not, then yes, I'd have to agree with you.
  17. Kerempooh

As always, Daybreak overdoes everything...

Some background: I'm a tanker/engineer playing the game since release.

Archer is nerfed way too much. With last changes it was made into a useful weapon (which it wasn't before) and it served as a great remedy against farming tanks. Now infantry had a way to counter tanks spamming them from long range with no damage penalty (and no I won't go into that, but I could). Tank game became more interesting again. You really had to seek cover with tanks and think how to get from point A to point B over a killing ground. No you couldn't just park yourself on the top of a hill and plink people below you. Some of those would pull archers and you would have to at least retreat to repair.

Granted, the damage against tanks was a bit much, even though it was countered by making Archer less effective against Maxes. As someone playing regularly on both sides of the divide, as a tanker and as an engineer, I'd say that, factoring decreased effectiveness against Maxes, Archer should have had its effectiveness against tank armor reduced by 25 to 33 % to make it a truly balanced weapon that is actually worthwhile carrying into battlefield (remember that it's not really that stellar against infantry by far).

But, 50% decrease? With nerf against maxes still on?
    It's worse off than it was before. Relegated back into the category of completely useless stuff. Talk about overreacting but that is a Daybreak tradition by now...

So anyway, logged into the game after this patch, saw a good old tank spawn farm at crossroads tower (something which I haven't seen since the archer buff patch, and which made me go back to the game) said no thanks and logged out. Lost quite a bit of motivation to play tbh.
    • Up x 1
  18. Lamat

I have to disagree, the Archer became the same annoying weapon plinking you away from out of render range that the Lancer was. And it's still going to do that, only slower.
  19. Kerempooh

You mean as annoying as that massive multi-mega-hp MBT plinking you with one hit killshots from your minimum damage range (and he has no damage penalty, remember) and who's been in the game from day one? You know the guy who doesn't even have to bother to move if he wants to kill you with impunity? That annoying?

Don't get me wrong, I love tanking, I spend most of my time in tanks. But what kills the tank game for me is the tank farmers. I love to play tanks dynamically, rush in, constantly move, seek cover, barge in with all guns blazing, manoeuver at close range to get that *** shot... you know like a metal monster that tanks should be and actually are... that's what makes my blood flow. When I see those fat f... MBTs sitting on top of a hill, pinging away like some kind of goddam mobile artillery.. that's not what a tank game should be about.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lamat

Those tanks on the hill feed certs to ESFs and Liberators, all part of the PS2 eco system.