pc build help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ILatte, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ILatte

i have a amd phenom 2 x4 965 quad core processor with 8 gigs of ram i still need a motherboard and video card any help on witch ones to buy? im hoping to run planet side 2 on it least medium settings

also this is a pc im building so if there are any other ideas for processors plz tell me im on a budget of 450$
  2. MrShooter

I'm getting confused here. You say you already have the AMD processor and RAM, but don't have the motherboard. And you're also asking for suggestions for other processors? Is the AMD processor salvaged from your old computer?

Or do you mean "the phenom 2 and the RAM is what I have picked out so far, I haven't actually bought anything yet and I'm open to suggestions"?

Do you already have all the other parts you need and have $450 left to spend on a video card, motherboard, processor, and ram? Or some combination of those four?
  3. ILatte

well i already picked out the cpu and the gigs but i havent baught them yet and yes but now i only have 300 left over for the video card and the motherboard and i was just wondering with that processor will i be able to run planet side 2 with high graphics smoothly?
  4. Vreki

No.Thats actually a pretty old processor, I am surprised that you are buying that now.
    I have a Phenom 2 x4 955, paired with a 6970 that gives me around 20 FPS in combat on medium setting, and 60 FPS in the warpgate.
    The game shows that I am constantly CPU-bound in combat, so I am upgrading my CPU.
  5. ILatte

so
    so i should buy another cpu? any suggestions on what to buy? thats afforadable
  6. Vreki

I don't think anything affordable will allow you to play PS2 on high.
    The one I ordered is a i5-3570k which I intend to overclock. It is good value-for-money, but just the CPU / cooler / MB set me back around $650. And that is not really an expensive CPU.

Based on my own experience, PS2 with a 965 will get you around 20 FPS. I find it playable, but others will find it intolerable.
    So just be realistic about what you will be getting.

Btw:. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-pc-overclocking-pc-building,3273.html
    You should be able to find several other guides like it.
  7. IceVamp

I've got a i7 3770K, 12gig Corsair ram and Asus direct cu II OC gtx 680 on an Asus maximus gene v. Intel 520 SSD for operating system and a 2tb barracuda hdd for games and programs. I run ps2 fine (40+fps) on max, however, only 1920x1080. This is quite an expensive setup, especially in Norway. If you can settle for less graphical fidelity, go for a cheaper gpu and cpu I guess. An ssd is amazing though, I really recomend getting one.
  8. Fuse

If you're on a budget go for an i5 2500k. Once you over-clock it it will be plenty for this game and your GPU will be the limiting factor. i5 2500k, GTX 570 and 8GB of RAM gets me 50-60 frames solid with all but shadows maxed @ 1920x1080. Built this rig for less than $1k almost exactly a year ago.