Patch Notes 6/16

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Kevmo, Jun 16, 2014.

1. OddChelsea

No the zeph was nerfed this way to sell more dusters. It was never designed to be anti armor, if you'd ever used one you'd know. It was the HE cannon for the lib. It doesn't matter if it has more rounds in a mag than the dalton, each round is slower and flies all over the place when trying to hit a moving tank compared to the dalton which is precise. It's AI capability should have never been nerfed this way. If you wanted to make it not become the next dalton, nerf it's anti armor capability even further. It's entirely useless now, if you'd ever tried using it for anti armor before you'd know that. Anyways I'm sorry, I didn't realize killing infantry with an HE platform was difficult on anything. Tanks with HE, viper lightnings or even rocket pods still.
    • Up x 1
  2. chrisarn94

The tank turret stabilization bit made me a bit moist...
  3. Scr1nRusher

Gameplay wise they are looking good.

However the magrider should really be buffed somehow.

Also the prowler model needs to be the same size as the other MBT's.
  4. Codex561

Zepher nerf is stupid
    • Up x 4
  5. Rhumald

When you do, cert out it's reload speed, Makes a world of a difference.

I still think the magrider could use an actual buff somewhere, and I'm NC. The devs will probably want to wait for some numerical data to back that up, I just hope that the inevitable buff isn't too drastic when it comes.

I also hope that Forumside decides to stop insulting the devs, and be a little constructive for a change...
  6. Codex561

• Up x 2
  7. Ronin Oni

They've had no end of grief with both ESF's and MBT's...

Though they're doing the buggies
  8. Dhabu

Just tried a few of the changes out on Test.

Love the new tank reverse speed/stabilization; I could see for balance's sake tuning the reverse down to about 75% of forward speed to prevent shenanigans, but I hope (I'm a tanker, and thus biased) it goes live as-is. The stabilization is, as others have said, not 100% perfect, but it's sure a lot better (especially on those rolling ridges of Indar) than it was.

The turret gravity/velocity changes did not really bother me too much. Yes, it's different, yes, you have to compensate more, but I had the new physics dialled in with not-a-lot of difficulty. Honestly, I like a bit of drop on the main gun, as it lets me splash infantry easier. (This was Vanguard HEAT btw). The Lightning HEAT did feel a little drop-y by comparison; I wouldn't mind seeing the Lightning get less drop added than the Titan-150, but I can live with it.

This patch is good for tankers, don't let any of the "I want it all!" posts throw you off. As an NC tanker, I feel some for the Magrider guys who are mostly losing the uniqueness of turret stabilization. The now-NC/TR-can-strafe thing, I think, is overblown - full stopping the Vanguard still makes the turret jump, and I suspect you Mags will encounter fewer truly hard-to-hit strafers than you fear. And at any rate, you guys still have the crazy terrain mobility of the Magburner :p

I didn't get a chance to fight with my lib on Test, so I can't comment on the air changes. Honestly though, when the last Liberator update went live, I made a whole new character just to fly with, and in the months since, I've rarely viewed tanks (from the air) as more than easy EXP pinatas. So sorry pilots, but my sympathy is limited.

Also: Engi ammo pack usage win.
    • Up x 3
  9. BobSanders123

-Nerfed Prowler w/ Halberds Effective Range
    -Nerfed Magrider by stabilizing all tank turrets
    -Nerfed Magrider by reducing top speed
    -Buffed Enofrcer at close range
    -Buffed Vanguard acceleration
    -Nerfed overall range of all tanks

Brilliant.

Vanguard has a close quarter high damage output missile launcher as well as an I win shield with a stabilized point and click turret and can now accelerate faster.
    • Up x 2
  10. Longasc

Yep. And then they wonder why many people don't bother to visit the test server anymore or write detailed feedback.
    I can't bear it anymore either and my playtime is taking even more of a nose dive.
  11. Verenz

If you are going to complain then could you at least drop the obvious bias in this wording, here let me correct that:

Nerfed Prowler w/ Halberds Effective Range - Because no one else uses the halberd, clearly a direct prowler nerf.

-Nerfed Magrider by stabilizing all tank turrets - Well if you are considering exclusionary data to make your points then how about you also include things such as;
    -Buffed magrider saron by increasing drop/lowering velocity of every other AV weapon in the game.
    you could even go further with this sort of logic;
    -Buffed vulcan by forcing fights closer together.

-Nerfed Magrider by reducing top speed - I'll give you that one, i'm not sure where they are going with this.

-Buffed Enofrcer at close range - Um okay... how about also adding the obvious "at significant expense of long range potential", seems like if you were interested in fairness you should probably mention that.

-Buffed Vanguard acceleration - Well it is the worst performing tank by a mile, and the acceleration is shockingly bad if you don't gear skip. I don't think is exactly unreasonable.

-Nerfed overall range of all tanks - With the largest reductions being to the vanguard.

The fact that what you pulled from those patch notes was a prolwer nerf, 2 magrider nerfs, 2 vanguard buffs and a generic nerf is some fairly disgusting evidence of some red/purple tinted shades in use.
    • Up x 1
  12. Atenson

My thoughts exactly. Well said!
  13. Woflborg

I fly mostly libs. They account for around 50% of my gametime. (The rest is probably waiting for gunners or gathering resources.)

Lets have some perspective, this patch compared to prebuff situation;
    -better tailgun arcs (bulldog still owns)
    -longer afterburner burn
    -faster afterburner charge
    -much faster racer chassis
    -halved flak damage against libs (with composite)
    -better survivability against tanks and rockets (with composite)
    -better noseguns (vektor got much more dps when spur was introduced)

Also include to this that tankbuster was not nerfed at all, lib bulldog was not nerfed at all, and we can still keep the awesome flak resist on composite.

Now onto bellygun changes;
    -shedder wasnt significantly changed (so maxes die in four seconds instead of one, its only fair :p)
    -dalton is better against armor (no more splash giving those false positives on armor, this will train gunners to land more direct hits)
    -zepher got a slight nerf (but is still the best weapon for mixed ground work)
    -duster probably still sucks (but its heading to the right direction)

I really cant see anything to complain here, atleast not on paper. Maybe the bellygun changes arent perfect yet, but the only thing that took an actual nerf here was zepher and ammo count. Thats pretty tame compared to what happened to say.. harasser.. so yeah. Cant really complain in that regard.

(It would be nice if people got their certs back tho, since these changes do modify the weapons pretty hard.)
    • Up x 1
  14. ApolloMCProductions

WOWEEEE...now that's a nerf!

Might as well be playing with these guns now

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. Klaatu

Feedback (the quick and dirty version) on Liberator/Scythe changes as I have been a dedicated liberator/scythe pilot since Beta. Color coded from Positive Feedback to Negative Feedback.

Liberator Survivability - It's hard not to be against this change without bias. The main focus of the changes is to give MBTs and infantry a fair shot, at the same time forcing the Liberator to get a bit more close and personal in fights. Really hard to know until this is tested in large battles, but I feel that this might need further adjusting in the future.

Dalton Changes - I am actually a fan of this change. It was pretty much use a dalton vs everything or you're a n00b scenario and that needed a change. This update will make it more of a surgical tank killer with proper use. The ammo nerf is pretty harsh, however I understand the logic of it to make it less of a spammy spam weapon.

Zephyr Changes - I really don't understand the reason for these changes other than to push players to purchase a duster. I felt that it was currently in a good place being a reasonable weapon vs both armor and infantry, often forcing you to get in rocket range to be effective, but now it's just subpar against armor and infantry alike and using it will more than likely get you laughed at. Please give me my certs back.

Shredder Changes - This was probably necessary as folks were quickly learning that the shredder was outclassing even the Dalton. Still a useful weapon, just not as Godly as it is currently is.

Duster Changes- While I welcome the increased AOE, I still think this weapon is pretty crappy. The main issue is with the COF bloom. This is acceptable if you are flying at 75m but I am still not sure if I want to take this over a shredder/bulldog combo.

Liberator Ammo Changes in General - Initially I am seeing this as just an annoying inconvenience, but I do get the logic on paper to make Liberators a bit more dependent on support. Although, I don't think we're going to see any positive effect from this in reality.

ESF Rocketpod Changes - Really??? First it was "let's make it less useful vs infantry". Now it is "let's make it less useful vs anything." Please give me my certs back.

Coyote Changes - Yes this was necessary. The LOL-AA spam was getting aggravating.

Hornet Changes - I was already a fan of the hornets and they are actually decent in AA battles vs galaxies/liberators. Now they are even stronger and I don't think thats necessarily a good thing in the long run and I believe they are going to the new target of a nerf.

Overall Patch Score: 6/10 Some good ideas and some pretty bold changes, however there is a lot of over-reach that will probably cause some recoil amongst the veterans of this game. I predict a forecast of high chance of MBT spam with clearer skies in the future.
    • Up x 2
  16. OhBamaBinBombin

"Coyote Missiles
    • Increased time required to reload from 3 seconds to 4 seconds"
    I use these vs. infantry as well, often times I need a second volley just to kill a single infantry... 1 second longer is often going to ruin any chance of getting that kill in. I hope they consider just a very slight buff to damage vs. infantry or slight increase to blast radius(I'm totally fine with the reload increase otherwise)

"Hornet Missiles will be receiving a direct damage increase. This increase will bring make hornet missile more effective than rocket pods in certain situations.
    • Damage increased from 1800 to 2000"
    High-risk / high-reward for ESF vs. ESF fights should make for some very interesting dogfights. If you can land 2 hornets on another ESF, that is a well deserved kill.

"Tank Changes
    • Tank primary turrets are now stabilized. (Their elevation will not move with chassis elevation changes, unless it hits the upper or lower constraint)
    • Tank reverse speed and acceleration is now identical to the tanks forward speed and acceleration."
    AWESOME!!! Too many good things to say about this change!

"Combat Chassis no longer improves reverse speed"

A slight improvement to other aspects would be greatly appreciated as I'm pretty sure most people invested their certs into this for mainly that reason alone!

"Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph. This brings it in line with the other MBT racer chassis."

VERY BAD!!!! Did you guys consider the fact that to drive past and hit another tank in the rear, you must also take the time to turn and face that tanks rear?! Other MBT's can drive straight past and turn and fire, without even having to slow down which already was a nice advantage. I even considered driving in reverse to sneak up with the reverse speed buff, but that is hardly possible without any way to see what is behind you while backing up, probably bouncing into a tree or whatnot... Give me a damn rear view mirror on my magrider then that's all good haha
  17. EzekielHawke

Wow that airhammer range nerf is brutal! I can understand wanting to lessen its effectiveness against armor, but a 100/200m range reduction is harsh. The buff to damage and magazine size is nice though.
  18. OhBamaBinBombin

You do make some very good points for sure... A new player with a stock lib is never going to have anyone wanting to jump in and gun for them if they know the ammo is going to be gone too quickly along with the fact that they are inexperienced as a lib pilot. For sure a lib ammo nerf was well needed although. But also adding the damage/blast radius nerf's I think there might be a whole lot less people wanting to even bother piloting libs anymore.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jaronallus

welp time to switch to MBT's and Harassers. It's been good, liberator...you will be missed.
  20. MaxDamage

A solo lib can take everything a skyguard or AA MAX can throw at it in a contested area, THEN fly straight at it, nose gun it then belly up and shredder it to death in a matter of seconds, whether the max is wearing kinetic or flak, and whether skyguard has top armour or not. Make pilot to gunner seat swaps require exiting vehicle.