Patch Notes - 3/10

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Higby, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Doc Jim

I do not want killers locations to be displayed, honestly, I am beginning to think that the developers are going out of their way to stamp out stealthy gameplay.
    • Up x 3
  2. Pikachu

How are we supposed to test a weapon that relies on splash when splash damage doesnt work in VR.
  3. ZenzotuskeN

*sarcasm* Because camping on a hill which is usually out of harms way scoping down on unsuspecting enemies attempting to use terminals requires so much skill and provides so much challenge. */end sarcasm*

This is mostly no one's business but since you like checking stats of however's post your trying to devalue, i use the Light Assault because i fly ESF's the majority of the time and it serves as having a para-shoot from undesirable situations or as a last resort escape opportunity.

I Seriously don't feel it doesn't ruins any class it just will encourages people to keep on moving and not camp in a easy mode way up the hill. - which also doesn't bother me because usually i'll see such infiltrators and i'll eliminate them with my ESF.

however i'll like to also note, it doesn't bother me if the game has a mini-map position of where the attackers were in relative to me or a kill-cam or nothing at all in my opinion a kill cam - However it adds way more to the game then it takes away, it'll be great to see a pilot on the kill-cam take out my ESF in a close dogfight for example, it'll also make a great educational tool for new players on how to improve their game and their skills and the only thing it takes away from is people that camp in a certain spot or a certain area up a hill and that is in my personal opinion is neglectable.

/change topic

Also, after thinking more about the changes and new weapons i'm kinda against;

• New tail gun: Hyena Missile Launcher:
      • Hyena Missiles are compact, short range missiles that are dumb-fired, but will lock-on to enemy aircraft if they get close enough and inflict light damage.
    I feel if anything the Air Game-play has suffered from the Coyote's and i'm starting to feel they ruin the air game-play and should be removed from the game and those that have it refunded but that's another discussion entirely, personally i feel having something similar to the Coyote's on the Liberators Back End is Madness, its already challenging enough for even a Group of ESF's to take out a Skilled 3/3 Liberator Crew and adding vehicle exp to the passengers will most likely make sure there are even more 3/3 Liberator Crew's instead of 2/3 or 1/3 Liberator Crew's.
  4. cellinaire

Nice idea hehe, but I think that just proves they didn't have to put time and manpower into making the system in the first place...

I mean, because soldiers who make loud noises are either easy enough to spot or wandering about fast and restlessly. So in this kind of hectic situation, I personally just don't care about the killer's detailed info and just wanna get back to the frontline, shooting at any non-VS foe.

Lastly, (dunno if I'm saying it again in this thread) hell-bent on avenging my death every time I die....aww that would rather ruin my fun. It's like I don't mind the k/d ratio anymore in this game ;)
  5. kaolla

it seem the lib tail gun doesn't that much dmg too but i do understand the point too, my guess would be as this weapon will be more accurated ( due to coyote effect) they will lower RoF and or dmg so you would have same time to kill and esf with the hyena and the walker ( couting you will miss shot with walker)

for the death screen, you may be right that moving around is vital, but when you are stuck on a tree/ or rock with little to no room to move around an lose you spot, and on a big battle sniping the 2 other factino ( what i do often) i can get lot of kill but need to be very carful already, can't even put down a motion spotter, or it would jsut give away that i existe nearby
  6. AlphonseVaher

"
    • Liberator base resistance to Armor Piercing Rounds increased from -20% to 10%"

This seems a little backward to me.. If you manage to hit a Liberator with a round from a TANK, a round designed to punch through thick steel plates on a vehicle that would never be light enough to fly, (Hitting, Mind you: A vehicle in the Air designed with lighter materials and delicate structures meant to keep it stable in flight) You are going to do some damage.

One might suspect I'm mainly upset because I like to take out Liberators from a Prowler, and they would be correct. Sometimes respawning and going to another facility to break out a skyguard or a Prowler with Lockdown is the only way to sink a few rounds into Liberators these days, Since they can hover far up enough to kill you before you lock on and make Fire-pray missiles pointless, And Flack cannons from Max suits pointless when they have auto repair on their Lib.
    • If I want to spend 450 Points on a MBT to counter a Liberator I should be able to. >8C
  7. Loeffel

Yeah man! This is so ture...

But you are definitely wrong with your arguments you mentioned befor... In my opinion - long range shot are 70% skill shots and looking for a good spot and waiting for a target is snipers nature an should not be punished. Don't get me wrong - I'm no sniper at all but im pretty good at long range at all. In most cases you kill only the stupid guys standing around and feeling safe. Good soldiers will always move or find some cover.
    BTW: The big shiny trace should be really enough to locate a sniper.
    And the terminal thing.... This a reliable tactic to prefent enemies from using the terminals - like bb or so. You just cry for additional help to eliminate unpleasant enemies.
  8. SenEvason

If we keep the new kill-map, I think it needs to be less accurate. My proposed changes:
    -If the enemy is spotted, instead of having a line, make it that 15 degree wedge
    -If not spotted, make it a 45 degree wedge
    -suppressors make spotted = 30 degree, and unspotted = 60 degree

This way, the person getting killed still has a good idea of where their killer is, without seriously hindering the killer.
  9. QuantumEVIL

I was thinking something a little similar. Instead of drawing a wedge, how about drawing an inaccurate line, somewhere within that wedge? So it looks the same as it does now, Just it's not reliable. Using the numbers you just suggested, it could be anywhere up to 15 degrees out to either side if the guy wasn't spotted or using a silencer.

In short, just add an element of uncertainty/ randomness to it.
  10. Kirppu1

Well there are few thing i don't like at all.

1. The killers position is way too easy to find therefore eliminating any effort to find him/her. Also seeing the attachements and very accurate data will make it easier for others to kinda "copycat" the killers
    2. Sights buyable with station cash. This will make it easier for people who want to upgrade without any effort. To me it's like giving them stuff they really didn't deserve(Weapons are a diffirent thing because they take so long)
  11. Kumaro

HAHAHA seriously optics for station cash. Im almsot speechless to that one just WOW!!! XD
  12. Luminus

To be honest anti-tank tank shells just about deserve to instagib a lib.

If you hit him you were either good, he was a moron, or some degree of both, and he shouldn't get to zip off into the sunset and fix things like it never happened.
  13. PlayerOneSVK

Dont see points of 2 weapons ( Pilot, Gunner ) Pilot ok i can shoow where i am looking but is really weak there should be another slot for gunner in front, Gunner weapon wha the ? Recoils as like hell no thanks.... and thx for for lowering dalton So i am ending with PlanetSide2... Nothing new just worser weapons.
  14. Silvermyst

That "too" is missing an "o".

Shame on you Higgles. :p
  15. Scatterblak

1. See what everyone thinks about a kill screen that tells the victim where their killer is.
    2. The vast majority of players hate it.
    3. Implement a kill screen that tells the victim where their killer is.

All part of the unspoken agenda to turn PS2 into MMOQuake. Let's get rid of the tertiary classes and strategies (like sniping, which is now basically useless), and keep pressuring the player base to melee in large groups - spawn-run-shoot-kill-die-rinse-repeat style.

Lattice, base walls, limited available spawn points, now the kill screen - what's next, rocket jumping? Wall strafing? Maybe a lightning gun?
    • Up x 3
  16. Mormomboy

What is this update that is over a GB download... why are there no notes for this...
  17. Fulgar5

64 Bit client. I found out when my Windows Firewall came up and it had something like "PlanetSide2x64.exe" since it is a new executable that it did not know.
  18. Mormomboy

oh, nice... sounds like something that would be good to know... maybe something that one would announce in patch notes... just sayin.
  19. BillBoBaggins

If
    Have to agree if PS2 had only 64 player maps but it's not and pilots have to put up with everything shooting at them Flak,lock on etc etc etc etc etc
  20. PYROxSYCO

I like the death screen stats, except the one I highlighted which made no sense to me or seemed utterly useless in my mind.
    I do like the feel good stats the give me something to work for.