Patch Notes - 2/6

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. TheKhopesh

Isn't the Anti-max part actually a feature?
    I heard we'd be getting "A sniper intended to kill max suits" from an outfit mate just under a week ago.
  2. GalacticaActual

I like to play as an Infil quite a lot so this update was the first time I installed the test server, since i wanted to give my 2 cents before this goes live.

Quick points:
    - Crossbow: it's just a bit "meh" right now, seems ridiculously overpowered with the explosive bolt though, a few Infil's with the stalker cloak could do horrendous damage with them. lie in wait and attack incoming tanks whenthey pass. I guess that'll be nerfed soon. I think I'll stick the Commissioner for now.
    - Stalker cloak: seems to be working as advertised, would be excited if it wasn't for...
    - Darklight Flashlight: thanks a bunch SOE. We finally get a claok that might actually be half decent and you do this. To me it's the equivalent of giving LA a newer and more awesome jetpack, but at the same time giving every gun in the game a heat seeking ammo option that means using the jetpack is gonna be next to useless.

But the main reason I wanted to test was the "Shade" (stupid name btw, is that a left over from when you were still calling the Scythe the "Dyson"?). I know that the sights aren't working yet, so I aint complaining about that right now, it's the charge up that sucks. I make no claim to being a great player (been on since beta only at BR38 on my character) but I enjoy playing, and often as an Infil. So unless I'm greatly mistaken you've taken the process for getting a headshot kill on the BASR from this:

1) De-cloak
    2) Hold breath
    3) Aim
    4) Fire
    5) Reload

and made it this for the new VS rifle

1) De-Cloak
    2) Hold breath
    3) Charge
    4) Aim
    5) Fire
    6) Reload (or in this instance wait what seems like an age for the meter to re-charge)

You see the problem right? Now i know it's a scout rifle so for the VS that means no bullet drop, which means less aiming since you nede to compensate less, but that charge up and re-charge time is a killer. And yes you can kind of charge and aim at the same time, but it's still an extra stage that no other faction has to do to get a headshot.

I had 2 ideas for how to make this potentially better:

1) If you are really insistant on using the charge up mechanic, then have have it's default fire mode be full power. Once your first shot is fired (as a full power headshot kill capable hit) your meter goes right to the top thus not allowing an instant second shot but after about 0.5 seconds the meter starts dropping quickly (i think about 2-3 seconds to full charge again) allowing for a lower powered follow up shot to potentially allow you to finish the target off whilst giving them a chance to move if they're quick enough. I kinda see this working like a Phalanx turret if the first shot made it almost overheat right away.

2) Stick with the weapon as a standard BASR. Give it an ammo capacity of 1 round before a full reload cycle. Give it a damn fast bullet velocity (since you know VS rounds are laser based and therefore should really be travelling at near as damn it light speed). Make it have no bullet drop. This way the weapon has it's VS traits, but doesn't turn into a headshot machine since you have to fully de-scope and reload before having another shot. Needless to say the new attachment allowing 2 shots before reloading would NOT be usable on a weapon like this.

I've not tried the other factions new rifles since I've never played as them at all I wouldn't be a very god judge of their qualities.
  3. Mormomboy

In fact lets compare the new rifle to the SOAS-20
    SOAS-20 **********************************TRAP-M1
    fire rate 625 RPM**************************429 RPM
    damage 143 /10m 125/ 60m************** 184 /10m 167/70m
    muzzle velocity 500m/sec ****************475 m/sec
    reload speed 2.64 / 2 sec *****************3.4 / 2.8 sec
    amunition 24/240 ***************************20 / 120
    hip accuracy 2/2.5 2.5/ 3 ******************2/ 2.5 2.5/3
    Aim accuracy *******************************0/0.17 0/ 0.32
    iron sight zoom 1.35 ************************3.4
    fire modes auto ******************************auto / 2x burst

I highlighted the better stuff in green.
    Thank you Devs, we got a tiny bit more damgae, slower fire rate, lower muzzle velocity, slower reload, smaller mag, less back up rounds(by half) and a little bit better zoom (no scopes at all)

I am sure this will be changed, but the Devs should be ashamed for even releasing this in its current state
    • Up x 2
  4. Mormomboy

I found that it is much better just using as semi auto. That mode is hard to overheat, 2 head shots kill no bullet drop, little time between shots. 3-4 body shots also kill in semi auto, much more effective than that horrid charge shot.
  5. Mormomboy

Love the straight pull back
  6. DeadliestMoon

I disagree, the Shade (very cool name by the way) is perfectly fine as is; it just needs it's cooldown time reduced and maybe a better way to indicate how long it takes for it to reach full charge.

The explosive bolt for the Crossbow has massive amount of drop on it, but it really shouldn't be able to take about an MBT.

Come on, who's gonna waste 100 certs for a flashlight? Besides, infiltrators are really difficult to see on low settings and since I can't afford to turn mine up to medium (like a lot of players) I am grateful for a little help.

Also, VS uses plasma not lasers. Except the Lancer.
  7. BloodyPuma

Let it even be 10% of people who will use it. Do calculation, is it better to:

1. Have dozens of people creating additional light source running in big battle, lighting up infil [and loading new visuals].
    2. Or create another option in graphic setting - everything low + cloak on medium.

What do you think, what will tax your GPU more?
  8. DeadliestMoon

The second one obviously. What's your point?
  9. Mormomboy

Lumifiber for infiltrator... Do any Devs for this game no what infiltrators are for?
    Glowing in the dark is the wrong answer by the way...
    • Up x 1
  10. BloodyPuma

You are asking for a help to detect infils - you recive it at the nearly same penalty as switching to medium. You just trade ?minus 10 fps? all the time for ?-2? per ich dude with flashlight. Dont take this number exact, just catch the drift.

The point is more towards devs to rethink.
  11. DeadliestMoon

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Also, don't complain when other people do buy it; after all, it will be their choice.
  12. Wezdor

Love the new sniper rifles. The TR one is kinda meh, but the other two are great! Good job on this one, SOE.

Tho you might want to lower the overheat timer on the VS sniper to about 6 seconds and increase the charge hold time to 4 seconds.
    Also, remove the ability for the NC sniper shotgun mode to hurt tanks :)
  13. Mormomboy

I won't for either of those. I just think that it is ridiculous.
    (Edit Clarify, I will not buy or complain It is their choice, if they want to stand out that is for them to decide. In fact I would like every VS and NC to buy it, I have no problem with that.;) )
  14. DeadliestMoon

The motion sensor is currently indestructible and it automatically shows up on the minimap, I would prefer for it to be taken out like the spawn beacon. Also maybe only have it show up on minimap when it's been spotted?
  15. Ravenorth

Not really impressed with the new NS Sniper rifle and dont really see a reason why I should use it over Phantom. Its nearly identical with semi-auto scout rifles and doesnt have any other interesting features, expect the look.

I was really hoping to see higher damage version of Phantom, Impetus and KSR-35 with a bit slower fire rate, longer reload speed and slightly better bullet velocity.
  16. Tryceps

BUG:
    When stalker cloak is attached primary weapon is automatically deactivated, even though I don't use the cloak ability. When I switch to some other cload ability it would work properly.

SUGGESTION:
    I really love that new lumifibre and gold stuff. Is there any chance other classes could get this, too?

Awesome work so far, while I don't see any point in heart-shooting cross bows the infi update is one of the most exciting things so far imo. The new empire specific rifles are just perfectly fitting the empires! Just finish them :)
  17. manfromh

Is the server showing as unavailable for anyone else?
  18. BarxBaron

lol

If they keep this in this will cement what we already know:

TR ES stuff is usually a red tracer version of something worse that already exists in NS.

This is one of the few cases where its a different TR wep it falls behind.

An auto sniper rilfe with less velocity then a auto scout rifle.
    Nice idea.

Good lord...can they get more lazy and less caring? Just throw them a new SOAS? Really?
    • Up x 2
  19. Tiedemann

I'll send you a PayPal bill on those 5% ;)
  20. Eyeklops

LOL, humorous honesty 4TW