Patch Notes - 2/6

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Epicstrat

Crossbow should not be a secondary weapon... But that's just my opinion.
  2. SpaceKing

some I've found, not sure if you're aware of;
    • Valentine's themed Crossbow uses Vanu reload animations first person
    • NC's ES rifle's shotgun mode is so awesome it can destroy tanks
    • TR's ES rifle lacks any sort of ironsights/scope, giving it a first impression of 'inaccurate'
    • Running out of ammo while in ADS with the crossbows will make the animation stuck in ADS
    • Vanu's default sniper rifle is missing it's scope
  3. TheBand1t

Unless I'm missing something, you didn't actually increase the racer frame speed boost. The mossie and Reaver still go 245/265, respectively, just as they do on live.
    • Up x 2
  4. Hdgunnell

If you guys are actually going to buff racer frame, buff it significantly. Give the frames some real distinction. Also as Rudelord stated the test server racer frames have almost no changes.
    • Up x 2
  5. Herby20

Hornet velocity is nice now. I would still like to see their damage/reload speed/range buffed a tiny bit. Almost perfectly balanced in my eyes.
  6. RaZz0R

some of this inf update should have been put in from the very start! *shakes head*
  7. AdmiralArcher

TRUE DAT that thing is all kinds of ****** up
  8. UncleBenzs

• Up x 1
  9. DeadliestMoon

Like what? It's just a few new weapons....o_O

At least it's available to all classes and not just the Infiltrator. Plus it can't OHK anyone besides an infiltrator. But the new NS SMG probably shouldn't be silenced by default like the crossbow is.
  10. Takoita

SKEP medal fixed? That's cool, but what prevented you from doing that like a year ago?
  11. Longasc

Please name the Infiltrator Lumifiber Suit ... Infiltrator Lumifiber STEALTH suit. SCNR! :)
  12. vsae

Lol Coyotes nerfed.
  13. thepackett

Ok, after going through and testing everything new, this is what I think. Constructive feedback on all the new infiltrator features :p

Stalker Cloak and Hunter Cloak:
    Stalker Cloak works as intended, however it brings up some issues with the standard Hunter Cloak. The hunter cloak lasts 14 seconds, while the stalker cloak lasts a full 24 seconds, and recharges every time you stop moving. Even if you lose a primary weapon with the stalker cloak, I don't think that the hunter cloak can compete with it. As Drathamus proved in a video recently, secondary weapons can be just as competitive as primary weapons, the only thing you lose is range. The largest benefit of the stalker cloak is that you can recharge the cloak while cloaked, something the hunter cloak will never have. So, to make the hunter cloak more competitive with the stalker cloak, without impeding or overlapping with the stalker cloak's unique trait, the duration of the hunter cloak should be increased to match or exceed the stalker cloak while also keeping the recharge rate (% recharged per second) of the hunter cloak the same.

This change would give each cloak a better defined role, the stalker cloak allowing you to quickly move through the battle without ever having to uncloak, while the hunter cloak would allow you to move in concealed bursts before having to uncloak and recharge.

Adrenaline Pump:
    The adrenaline pump needs work, for both the infiltrator and the light assault. The speed increase, while noticeable, is negligible. Being able to run a little bit faster will never be able to compete with other suit slots such as adv. shield capacitors, nanoweave, or flak armor. Some ways to improve the adrenaline pump would be to further increase the speed, add new abilities to it such as improved hill climb, higher or further jumping distances, etc. This is a suit slot that has a lot of potential, and you can do a lot of different things to improve it, but it needs to be improved before it becomes a viable option.

Motion Spotter:
    This is good, but needs some work. From what I've seen, once you place it down you will have to go to an infantry terminal to get another one, which makes it significantly less viable than the recon darts which, in total, last just as long and can be used from a distance.

To improve the motion spotter, there are three things I would like to see changed. First, an infiltrator can only have a single motion spotter out at a time. Second, motion spotters can be picked up and reused. Third, motion spotters have unlimited ammo, but have a "resupply timer" like a squad beacon does, and have the timer last for 180 seconds. This way players can place one and pick it up if they want to move before the 180 second timer is up, or leave it in place and get it back after the duration has run its course.

These ideas create well defined roles for both the recon darts and the motion spotter. The recon darts are a resupplyable, and spammable over range, covering wide areas. The motion spotter covers only a single area, cannot be spammed, but lasts longer, can be moved, and has unlimited uses.

Crossbows:
    Crossbows are well implemented. They are high damage, and accurate, but have very limited range. However, explosive bolts as they are now are a little too powerful. With explosive bolts equipped, you can take down an ESF in about 1 clip, and even a MBT in only a few clips. Some ways they could be toned down a bit, while keeping them viable would be to flat out decrease the damage, change the clip so that rather than shooting 3 medium damage bolts explosive bolts, you shoot only a single high damage explosive bolt, or increase the reload time significantly when explosive bolts are equipped. Lastly, detect bolts don't seem to do anything and have no description of what they're supposed to, or planned to do.

NS Sniper Rifle:
    I love the NS Sniper Rifle, however I fear that it simply out performs any faction specific semi auto rifle. It has a faster fire rate, seems to have a faster recentering (time to return to full accuracy after firing), and lower recoil while more or less maintaining damage. One thing about it I don't know, is how easy it will be to hit a moving target at range due to the bullet velocity of the weapon. Because of this unknown, I can't say if it's too good, or just right for what it is.

NS SMG 2:
    This new SMG needs some work, not because it isn't working but because it's almost the exact same as the NS7-PDW. All it has is an extra 19 RPM, with slightly lower bullet velocity and higher reload speed. I would highly recommend rethinking this SMG as it is far to similar to the PDW, so similar that they could probably be used interchangeable and you wouldn't notice much, if any difference. If you do choose to release it without a redesign, then don't expect anyone who owns the PDW to buy it.

VS Sniper Rifle:
    I thought I would hate the VS Sniper Rifle when I first heard it would have a charge mechanic, but I was wrong. You guys pulled this off well. There is only one thing about this rifle that I disagree with, and that is that it overheats after a single bolt action damage round, and that you have to wait 10 seconds before you can fire again. I would recommend either changing it so that a bolt action round will fill up 3/4 of the heat bar, allowing you to fire again, or reducing the cooldown time drastically. Waiting 10 seconds after every bolt action rifle shot doesn't make for good gameplay.

NC Sniper Rifle:
    I really don't know about this one. It's a bolt action sniper rifle. But it's a shotgun. But it's a bolt action sniper rifle. But it's a shotgun. Personally, I enjoyed testing it. It's a weapon that can be switched from a BASR we all love, to a very good close range weapon in only a second. The only thing about this I don't really like is that the NC wanted something new and unique other than a shotgun, but they got a shotgun anyway. But it's a bolt action sniper rifle...

TR Sniper Rifle:
    I couldn't adequately test this weapon since there are no forms of iron sights for it, however it seemed decent. The only thing that was apparent to me is that it had some pretty high recoil for a long range weapon. With that in mind, range is this weapon's unique point. It's a machine gun, but it's supposed to be used at sniper rifle ranges, so it needs to outperform every other machine gun, while aiming down sights and at ranges greater than 50-75 meters. I would recommend decreasing damage on this weapon (so it doesn't outperform at close range), increasing ammo capacity (to offset lower damage), and massively reducing recoil and increasing accuracy (to make sure it's the long range devastator it's meant to be).

Conclusion:
    I don't know if the PS2 team reads these, but I've done my best to test and give feedback on every new feature. Overall, the barebones are in place. There is nothing that needs to be entirely reworked other than the NS SMG. From this point on, all that needs to be done is flesh out the roles of new and existing features for this update. I've done my best to give my thoughts on how each feature can be changed to be better implemented, and I hope that this helps. :)
  14. giria

done. but do you know this Map bugs? I think it start when you patched about THE "heat map".[IMG]
  15. Xoda1609

I love the new update.

My feedback: The crossbow should be a 1 shot (head shot) kill between 0-20/30 meters. the commissioner outplays this weapon at every point (except novelty). to make this weapon viable as a choice it needs a USP. seeing as it has a very small mag and longish reload time I feel it should have the edge over the hand cannon for close quarters. especially for the stalker cloakers. I really like the look of the weapon, just wish it was a tad more dangerous.

the bugs i have found have already been talked about so i will add nothing new there. :D

Nice job SOE, keep up the good work.
  16. TheKhopesh

Shhhhhhhhh! ;)
    You say bug, I say "Unintentional Feature". :D

I'm teasing obviously, but couldn't help but say it. :p
  17. Mormomboy

hmmm where do I start.
    Black heart crossbow does not have reload animation or scope shake while reloading.
    TR sniper take up half screen while trying to ADS no scopes work with this bug.
    Much of the time my weapon slots are disabled.
    Normal cloak is not running out.
    The picture for new TR sniper is the Commisioner, new rifle makes no sound. Is not full auto or burst as stated in ifniltrator roadmap. There are many more bugs.. will list them in correct area when i can.
  18. DeadliestMoon

Um, the new TR sniper rifle is called the TRAP M-1 and yes it is full auto with a burst fire mode. You must've gotten it confused with the new NS semi-auto sniper rifle that is using the Commissioner icon as a place holder. Also there is a known bug with the stalker cloak that randomly locks other weapon slots, just change classes and change back to fix it.
  19. Mormomboy

Yes, I realized that shortly after posting.
    The NS rifle is the glitched one. The TR rifle has no scope, and is exactly what I predicted. We basically have this rifle alread but it is the Scout rifle known as the SOAS-20
    The VS rifle is ok as long as you do not use the charge shot, that thing is horrible. Using semi auto it is an ok rifle
    The NC rifle is a typical bolt action till you press b
    Once in Flachete mode, it can 2-3 shot a max, 4 shot an esf, one shot an infantry...
    Basically everything is as I predicted in my post on infiltrator thread. (edit 2 shots for a Flash)

I am able to use primary weapons as soon as I uncloak the Stalker Cloak, I think that may be what it means by you cant use your primary.
  20. BloodyPuma