Patch Notes - 1/17

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ChickenCurrys

That is the problem with Freyr. We also never try to hold it in Amp alerts because it takes too much pop and the fight is almost impossible to end with decent pop because the enemy just need to flip a ****** point for a couple of seconds.
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

hey one question: is a techplant-overhaul planned in the near future as well? because right now, they are all too similar to each other across continents. it would be time to give each of them some individual flavor
  3. Mittens4kittens

Please stop changing the Amp Stations, the new style looks like a Wally Mess.
    • Up x 2
  4. Camycamera

1. the majority prefer lattice, thus it isn't going anywhere
    2. it is not destroying this game... how is it? if the majority of the population like lattice, then how is it going to destroy it?
    3. um, BFRs destroyed ps1, not lattice. in fact, lattice in ps1 helped the game become what it was....
    • Up x 2
  5. Youdontknowme

Why you guys allways try to confess others into your opinion?
    A lot of People like the latice. fine. there are two continets with latice and one more if Hossin goes live!
    But there are sure People who like teh hex. So why not leave one continent for them?
    I Play the game for more then a year now. Started when all used the hex. I like it this way.
    You have your reasons to love the latice or the hex. All good. I think there is space for both sides.

just my two Cents.
    Have fun.
  6. libbmaster

• Up x 3
  7. Gleerok

Thank for posting that.

For those who didn't have the chance to play Planet Side 1 and form up our own opinions about the systems in PS1 compared to PS2's, this is a very nice summary that clears up some dust.
    • Up x 1
  8. THUGGERNAUT

please don't ruin zurvan and dahaka with the same ***-backwards design that you ruined freyr with.
  9. layton

how long are the servers going to be down
  10. nikev21

Totally agree that walled style on Freyr Amp is garbage, it doesn't improve the game, it's butt ugly, and now you want to add MORE ???
  11. McToast

Moin

Please don't make more amp stations like Freyr. In fact, revert it back please. Its walled up, ugly and messy style fits the new esamir, but it's horrible in gameplay. I like amp stations because they always feel like a real fortress without making vehicles obsolet. You'd have to get in to destroy the generators and as long as you were able to defend them those enemy vehicles couldn't get in through the main entrances. If you'd like to "fix" ampstations, close those two entrys on the backside and replace them with a 3rd generator in all amp stations. Make roofs along the wall at the spawnroom, so people can reach the towers and vehicle shield gens without beeing bombed from the air. This would improve amp stations 100x more for me than the new ****** layout @ Freyr. Don't make this game into a corridor-shooter. You can only lose against other games who do this better already than PS2 could ever hope to do.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  12. Torok

bump
  13. orbital

the lattice haters can continue to complain but it's really not going to be heard since the evidence suggests that Amerish has been under-popped ever since lattice was released on the other two continents. so apparently it's not so unpopular.

Amerish works as a standard hex when there is population in every base, but that's pretty unrealistic, so "whackamole" style ghost-capping happens and it's not too fun. Amerish is only fun under an alert. during double XP weekend I noticed on two servers Amerish was getting continent capped pretty frequently, this is only possible now because of non-lattice.

on a related note, new Freyer style amp stations are pretty much like Amerish, only fun under heavy pop, otherwise you're just chasing your tail with a squad vs. squad.
  14. H4YW1R3

Why does Amerish have to get the lattice system? There are plenty of players like the old design. I play on Amerish a good 75%-80% of the time. I can see where the lattice system has it's strong points, and I wouldn't wan't to see it done away with despite my preferring the old design, so why can't those of us who like the old design have the one continent with the design we prefer?

**** the lattice.

And amp station fights were always one of my favorites. But the Freyr changes ruined that location for me. I always choose to fight elsewhere now.

It's a horrible layout and makes no sense. It's like the base is built to protect the attackers, which is ridiculous. And it's way too easy to take. A single player can take the base before it's even noticed.

Now SOE is ruining more of these previously fun and difficult sites.

I understand that the layout was partially designed to appeal to LA class, but who wants to play LA now? The one thing they have to call their own is the jet pack. All other classes offer much more. Yet this "Assault" class based on a soldier trained to use a jet pack gets the same nerf as all other classes. As if the COF nerf during flight wasn't enough, they can't even ADS any more. You'd think a jetpacking assault class would be a little better than the typical soldier at firing during a jump/flight. LA are for placing beacons now. The other classes have so much more to offer.
  15. Vortok

[IMG]

Older picture, but that's why the old hex system was terrible and why Amerish was always annoying to fight on. People would just dodge the (active) fight to ghost cap a random location. Some areas of the terrain on Amerish were neat to fight at, though. Tanking around Wokuk Amp was surprisingly fun the few times I got a chance to have a decent sized fight there. Interesting terrain with plenty of space to move around without bumping into three other bases with spawn room heroes equipped with AV turrets.
  16. H4YW1R3

Again, we have two continents with the lattice system for all of you who don't like to fight on Amerish. But there are plenty of us who prefer Amerish. Familiar names because they prefer the Amerish style map over the latice and play there primarily.

With three continents, why can't each have his own? Lattice lovers have two continents already. Just because you may not like the Amerish layout, doesn't mean everyone else hates, or should hate it, as well.

For those of you who like the lattice, imagine if they took away the lattice on Indar and Esamir in favor of Amerish's hex based system. You wouldn't like the change any more than those of us being forced to play the other way do. All I'm saying is, why can't we keep the choice we do now?