Patch Notes - 1/17

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jan 17, 2014.

1. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

Amp Stations
    • Zurvan has been updated to a Freyr style Amp Station.
    • Dahaka is a hybrid with elements from both the Freyr layout and the stock amp station.

Amerish Revamp
    • The following bases in Amerish are ready for testing:
      • Crux Headquarters
      • The Ascent
      • Stone Ridge Reserve
      • North Grove Post
      • Jagged Lance Mine
      • Genudine Physics Lab
      • Deepcore Geolab
      • Rockslide Outlook
      • Silver Valley Arsenal
    • Biggest change is the implementation of the Lattice.
    • We also separated the Facility Satellite Outposts into individual, standalone Outposts.
    • Updated and polished each outpost with latest designs that
      • Isolate spawn rooms to reduce spawn camping
      • Prevent vehicles for directly firing on capture points
      • Provides “safe” spots for attackers to deploy Sunderers.
    • All world based Performance upgrades from O:MFG

Bugs Fixes
    • Ground/Air lock-on message no longer looks like a key prompt
    • You should no longer be able to get stuck under the stairs at Scarred Mesa Skydock
    • Fixed various minor geo and collision issues
    • Up x 6
  2. Gav7x

3. Timithos

Yay!!!!!

As long as those "safe" spots are not those garages provided for attackers. Those are ridiculous from a facility design defender's point of view. Safe spots should be unavoidable terrain designs, not artificially provided by the facility to shoot themselves in the proberbial foot/head.

Downloading now! Can't wait to check the new bases out!
    • Up x 2
  4. Ash87

Will there be planned tests for the Amerish changes?
    • Up x 1
  5. Decian

Sigh, for the love of god SOE, we DONT WANT MORE LATTICE! It takes away tactical decisions and forces a zerg vs zerg fight.
    • Up x 1
  6. Turdicus

Speak for yourself, I am very excited to bring Amerish up to the same standards of Indar and Esamir!
    • Up x 10
  7. Tecbunny

"Zurvan has been updated to a Freyr style Amp Station."

Oh god why? Nobody likes it!!!!

Freyr Amp is horrible and is the most meat grinder of all the amp stations, its impossible to do any sort of defence due to the horrible walls and the fact people can spawn inside of your base by capping a single point.

At a certain population it becomes completely impossible for the defenders, and the tactical opportunity's are zero.

The generators are more or less pointless as there is no point inside the shields, and you cant use the vehicles except for out side the base. This might be good in most bases to kill sundys on the outside, but due to the fact they can spawn inside make vehicles pointless for the defence.

That's not even mentioning all the god damn walls everywhere, the one thing everyone hates about esamir as it is!!!

• Up x 1
  8. libbmaster

That's just, like, your opinion, man

Also, it has already been proven that lattice is the best thing to happen to small unit tactics ever.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/amerish-lattice.167031/#post-2396037

This anti-lattice guy had his thread hijacked, and it turned into a wonderful discussion of the many ways small units can have an impact in lattice, and how it's funneling effects puts blinders on the zerg, allowing you to move freely.
    • Up x 3
  9. Decian

Great quote libb...ive got a beverage here, man.

I can see some of the points there but, too many times ive seen the limited lattice links forced to two or three zerg fights and no where else to go.
  10. Astriania

Please don't make more amp stations like Freyr. It's a horrible mess and, as I suspected from looking around on PTS but is only being confirmed now, impossible to defend against any reasonably large attack force, because they get spawns inside the base with a single decent gal drop on any of the points.

Good to see Amerish lattice getting closer and also that you're continuing to develop content after PUs. But yeah, please keep old amp stations, they're a good design and one of the few places it's worth pulling a GSD vehicle.
  11. doombro

I went there, and it hasn't been changed at all from what I've observed.
  12. St0mpy

Oh god you arent really going to make us put up with that trashy and badly designed Wallamere amp station design on other maps too?

Its stupidly designed as a concept, doesnt suit the old amp station philosophy or feel, its confusing to navigate and even newbies have a hard time working out WTH they are supposed to be doing. I left my gunner newbie to cap a flag at freyr and after running around for several minutes ended up standing in a building saying he couldnt get out again.

It wasnt broken in the first place, it didnt need fixing - if you want to make an new style of base would you kindly do so without ruining a proven, tested and liked design.

Please.
    • Up x 2
  13. Jeralamo

you know your in a small minority regarding this opinion right?
  14. Chriskovo

Lattice system sucks and should be removed from the game. It destroyed ps1 and its destroying this game.
    • Up x 1
  15. Irondove

so glad your opinion isn't the sole thing that devs look at...especially when lattice has proven to work and has stopped the whack a mole ghost capping. besides perhaps you're new to combined forces games...but the whole point is to zerg. you depend on organized squads for the "inspired strategic maneuvers"; but at the end of the day its purely a forces of stamina game. yes you are a cog in the machine...but you decide how well that cog functions.

also...you will notice that esamir that has a lattice...has more population on it that say amerish..which currently does not...the logic is sound.
    • Up x 2
  16. CCaSbS

That is terribly untrue. It's easy as hell to defend Freyr if you have DEDICATED squads doing what they need to do. It forces you to either play more tactically, or send platoons to a point playing cat and mouse just to lose the base. It doesn't rid tactics, it forces you to use them.
    • Up x 1
  17. Takoita

While I certainly dig underground spawns, the whole idea of the attacking side getting one for themselves by simply flipping a point seems fishy to me. The 'spiders in a can' layout could use some work too.
  18. St0mpy

Perhaps in your mind, generally no I think quite a lot of people think its awkward and annoyingly easy to flip.

I dont even bother now, oh we lost Freyr, never mind itll only be 5 minutes to take back, who cares.
    • Up x 3
  19. Gleerok

And non-lattice turns the whole continent into ghost capping fest.

I don't like ghost capping. It isn't fun, and it isn't the point of the game.
    • Up x 1
  20. ChickenCurrys

Most people in my outfit prefer the old layout aswell.