[patch] erm what happened to the frames?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Aug 21, 2013.

1. GSZenith

So after patch (08/21) the game felt like go from cpu > gpu for no reason.
    and no restart don't seem to work.

TR warpgate. (28fps gpu bound very low settings :rolleyes: )
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

guess time for some bf3? :confused:
  2. IamDH

Lol
    Alright i think i want optimization instead of ESF update now
    • Up x 2
  3. TeknoBug

lol all low settings and it's showing GPU bound in the lower left corner? LOL
    • Up x 1
  4. GSZenith

nah it is time to get 2 titans!
    -_-
    :rolleyes:
    yupp, funny right ^^
    brb ordering titans! :rolleyes:
  5. IamDH

Lol
  6. Pozidriv

7. Phyr

I stole them. 80 fps at the warpgate, everything on high, shadows on low, no gpu physics.
  8. Hatamoto

The already bloated HUD finally had enough and is hogging your performance like never before ... guess thats what happens when you dont bother to look into buggy code even when your customers have told you about it since release

edit: Try disabling the HUD
  9. GSZenith

10. Notih8Darian

Needs moar useless stuff!
  11. Tommyp2006

There's a big difference between sticking with potato mode and going full overkill. A titan, especially 2, is REALLY overkill for most games today unless you plan on running supersampling, or what would be render quality 2 or 3 in this game. You can have a pretty decent setup for $800 to $1000.

What kind of specs do you run anyways? Even what would be a "last gen" middle ground setup runs this game "OK." Certainly better than on full low.
  12. GSZenith

first of the titans should had a /sarcasm quote although i thought ":rolleyes:" would be enough.

second atm running on a i7 2600k overclocked.
    a 560ti.
    16gig erm 1600? memory i think.
    windows 7 pro.
    sabertooth.

pre patch had a nice 140fps in the warpgate and 60+ on most large battle - some random fps holes. (south west indar amp etc)
  13. IamDH

I just logged on and i have more FPS than you... and im on a laptop
  14. GSZenith

can i've your mlg laptop? ;)
  15. IamDH

Fun Fact: I founded MLG then i left it because i was too pro

No i actually didnt, for those people who dont understand jokes well
  16. Tommyp2006

your setup is better than mine and I'm getting better FPS than you are on ultra. Weird. Wonder what's going on?
  17. Notih8Darian

His FPS will probably jump up enormously if he disables the hud, the optimization for this game is just out of wack
  18. IamDH

How do you disable HUD?
  19. Pozidriv

Sometimes this games optimization reminds me of a lump of pasta bolognese on a motherboard. The only winners are the ones with proper insulation and no sense of smell.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tommyp2006

Control + F10 I think.