[Suggestion] Parsec Directive Reward simply non-sensed!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShotMeTender, Apr 10, 2015.

1. ShotMeTender

Hi guys,
    just a few consideration about Parsec Sniper Rifle (Directive Reward)...

My deepest and personal bad opinion on it mostly consist in the few difference between a standard Parallax and its cost.

I mean Parallax actually is the most powerful and bullet speeded sniper rifle, among Vanu's side ofcourse, and it costs just 1000 cert as many of advanced weapons in the game. To its side Parsec overside Parallax for something like +30m/s and +50 damage (which has a "faster" range damage decrease compared to parallax though), it can't be suppressed and to enahnce this handicap u also have a "loudly" compensator on it which makes u heard from 10 Km or more and lift up the bullet on its first 150 meters way (that means a lot of headshot missed cuz the bullet will past above enemy's head if u do not compensate it correctly)!!

Parsec Downside:
    No suppressor
    A f***ing lot of noise
    Lifted bullet's way in the first 150mt
    5 AURAX medals needed

Parsec Upside:
    +50 damage compared to Parallax (but that damage will decay sooner)
    +30 m/s

If u prefer compare it to one of the last Sniper Rifle, PhaseShift, well there is really no match at all!!!

THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD REALLY REVAMP THIS RIFLE!!

A good way to do it would be add some useful stats to keep it POWERFUL but NOISY at the same time:

- +20m/s
    - +30 damage (same decay of Parallax) instead of +50
    - No bullet drop (or a really ridicolous one)
    - Less ammunition for sure!!! I mean something like 4/16 or 3/15.... (Another boring 5/35 rounds bolt action is useless)
    - And please, just a little bit less lifting bullet way, do not remove it, just decrease it a little bit on distance cmon!!
  2. Ballto21

im

im not sure if youre serious

if you are

i

what

why in the hell would you suppress a bolt anyway

the phaseshift is a great rifle but holy **** the hell

i

what
  3. ShotMeTender

Let's say i didn't read it!!
    We are waiting for a good translator...
    Absolutely serious....

EDIT: Bullet lift is more then within 150mt, my falut, it is 250mt...
  4. Ballto21

Dont understand the meaning of the first response

Was trying to address the difference between the phaseshift and a BASR

Grab a parallax and shoot off a steep angle like a cliff and hossin trees. bullet rise exists there too.
  5. ShotMeTender

No u didn't understand at all....

I know Parallax downsides very well, i am just trying to say: Parallax is still good balanced this way for a weapon u pay 1000 cert (that means we accept his bullet lift, colossal reload time and so on!!) but we can't accept the same (and much more high in numerical value) downsides on a "ELITE" weapon u get only after 5 AURAX MEDAL of 5 DIFFERENT Sniper Rifles that u pay at least : Ghost 250/Free Phantom 500 VA39 Spect. Free XM98 100 and one more 1000 cert sniper = 1600/1850!! CERTS and ofcourse all the time spent on every single weapon to hit 1160x5 kills lol!!

Every ELITE weapons due DIRECTIVE REWARDS should be much more funny and powerful then common ones... Actually Parsec is not at all, just a poorly upgraded Parallax.......

Something could say same thing about Skorpios SMG, which is actually a poorly upgraded Eridani which one more F*****G time cannot be suppressed XD just cuz "WE LIKE NOISY USELESS INFILTRATORS" lol
  6. Ballto21

i agree the directive smgs are worthless and need a buff, but the directive snipers are fine as is. None of the directive weapons are supposed to be straight upgrades (straight from devs posts when directives first came out)

On top of the fact snipers have been majorly nerfed time and time again since release (remember a time when the OHK range cap was 400m? Pepperidge Farm remembers.) Having a godmode sniper would just reopen old wounds from bad players who cant move around a bunch and engineers squatting on their turrets
  7. ShotMeTender

I didn't say "Make Directive Sniper Rifles OP!" i just said make them much more alike to other directives' weapons heat ammunition system, no penalty with integrated suppressor, something brand new and useful.... I will be glad to have my Parsec without upgrades to damage and bullet speed but instead something usefull, even a 2 sec. bonus holding breath integrated due to it's fine materials or some s**t like that... Or an single in game settable scope from 4x(no sway) to 12x(standard sway) for example, i didn't AURAX 5 Sniper Rifles for a stupid copy of the only rifle i HATE SO MUCH called PARALLAX!

(And btw, directive SMG only sux in Vanu side, go take a look to NC one O.O it is a CQB high rated Carbine OMG!)
  8. HAXTIME

9. ATRA_Wampa-One

The thing is, if you gave the Parsec heat ammo, no drop, or a no downside suppressor it actually would be massively OP.

That said, the bullet rise on the Parsec is a bit hard to get use to at first but once I did it was fine and I quite like it since it has near hitscan velocity and the V10's reload speed.
  10. ShotMeTender

I am not saying give it NO DOWNSIDES, just not so much all togheter for such an "expensive" weapon!!

And personally i didn't find so fast in reload as V10 is o_O are u sure of it?? LoL
  11. Zyr0s

Ever used the TRs directive SMG? No? Its literally a blitz with a slightly faster fire rate, horrific recoil and less ammo. Now the bighorn, all directive sniper rifles are worse than what they are based on, quit crying that "yours is useless" i guarentee that you are better with the parallax. You have probably never used the T9A Butcher so im not even gonna get started on that.

NC has good directive weapons, VS has amazing directive weapons, TR... well TR has nothing worth mentioning.