PA-Shotty useless?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheMercator, Jul 20, 2013.

1. TheMercator

Do you think after all this nerfes the pumpaction shotguns are useless now?
    You need 9 out of 10 Bullets to kill, making it nearly impossible to OHK, wich was the only strenght of that gun. When you dont OHK your ttk is in the area of the Lasher so?
  2. AdennTM

What you call useless everyone else calls balance.
    • Up x 8
  3. Vastly

IMO, they suck compared to semi-auto shotties.
    • Up x 4
  4. Konfuzfanten

No, its now a proper very high risk, very high reward weapon. Not a low risk, very high reward as when it was launched.
  5. WaiZen

Not really, I still get massive kill streaks during tower fight with my bruiser.
  6. Ultimatestormer

I was never good at pump action shotties, and I still am not. However with these most recent changes I feel accomplished when I get in knife range and OHK them with that satisfying bang, and I don't feel like I was using an extremely cheap strategy, unlike before. It is still cheap to be fair, but not as much.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kanil

Agreed. The 11 pellet PA doesn't seem to have a purpose at the moment. If you're accurate enough to hit with all your shots, you should be using the 10 pellet PA, and if you're not, you should be using one of the auto shotties.

PA's are only for really good players at the moment, and even then they're very situational. I don't think they need a buff, but they definitely seem useless for a lot of the playerbase's skill level.
  8. MrIDoK

After i auraxiumed my uppercut i stopped using it except for very brief moments in biolab or tower fights. That's it.

It's effective, but you need to be very good, have good fps and adapt your playstyle to the weapon more than with any other.
    So, i switched to my Barrage (tight spread, fast reload, semi auto shottie) and while i miss the 1hk i can take down people far more easily. And i regret buying the Nighthawk, it's pretty garbage unless you are really unable to hit a galaxy from 5 meters away, too much spread and too low damage.
  9. St0mpy

meh took me months to auraxium the nighthawk, up to double xp weekend. I took up the uppercut straight after and its like night and day, am ~300 kills from auraxium already in these few weeks, you just have to know when to use it and when to hide.
  10. Pikachu

I compared the 1st and 2nd generation in VR by 15 shots each and I found the 2nd inferior. At 20m range they took more shots to kill on average than 1st generation, even when they have 1 more pellet. There is no difference for their slugs.
  11. cfnz

This is an interesting point. Is it a good idea to have a close range weapon with ohk potential excelling in the hands of skilled players? That seems backwards to be if it is the case, the rich getting richer so to speak.
  12. Kanil

I have no qualms with skilled players being rewarded for their skill. Nobody ******* about sniper rifles, another weapon that gets vastly better as your skill level goes up.
  13. cfnz

Yeah but the truely skilled player will do well in cqc regardless of the weapon they use. Only having to fire one shot seems lke icing. I'm just wondering whether it stacks too much with skill.
  14. PS2Freak

barrage and uppercut (1s pump) have both same spread "3"
    nighthawk "4" and blackjack (2nd pump) 3.5

nighthawk and barrage are for different situations.

nighthawk for 2+:1 and other cluster*uck situations, and uppercut/barrage 1:1
  15. KenDelta

Cuz of the number of nubs getting their heads pop'd and QQing on forums , SOE changed shotguns into "Rifles".
  16. Serell

PA Shotguns are good, just extremely hard to use. But really, most of the time I feel like I could be doing better with a semi-auto shotgun. I only use PA-shottys because they're my favorite weapons. I don't care what game or how bad they are, I always have a pump action shotgun.
  17. NeverWas

bought it, kinda regreted it, not because it's bad, but just doesn't suit my play style.

it's a high risk, high reward weapon, it also rewards accuracy greatly, so unless you have a steady hand, or you're a REALLY REALLY good fps player, i wouldn't recommend this to you.
  18. ghnurbles

They're worse than semi-auto and automatic shotguns, the nerf took them too far.
    • Up x 1
  19. Hoki

You judge whether a weapons is good or not based on performance per usage.

DICE is laughing at SOE
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

I don't get high enough FPS even on lowest settings to consider using Pump Shotties. Sad, but true.