P4nda's Cinematic/Machinima competition.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4nda, Aug 30, 2015.

1. P4nda

Original Reddit thread

So with the disparity of cinematic content and content producers in today's Planetside 2 community (there's like 3 of us regulars left), I'm going to be kicking off a big competition with real cash prizes to try and bring some new people into the fold and experience just how awesome it is to put out some cool videos for the rest of the community to experience.

The rules are simple:
    1 Contest runs until September 25th
    2 Must be longer than 1 minute 30 seconds in length, from start to finish
    3 No in-game HUD, period
    4 There must be at least 4 submissions from 4 different people for the competition to go through
    5 Only one video may be submitted per person
    6 75% of the video must be captured in-game

This contest will run until September 25th, giving everyone plenty of time to plan out and create the coolest visual experience they can possibly execute. You can create a machinima with voice actors, you can create a comedic skit, a musical cinematic, an action montage, a "hard mode" frag video, whatever really. The possibilities are massive.

1st place prize:
    2500 Daybreak Cash (25$)
    2nd place prize:
    2000 Daybreak Cash (20$)
    3rd place prize:
    1000 Daybreak Cash. (10$)

I will be purchasing the cards on September 17th. Because all of these prizes will be coming from my wallet, I'll retain the overall 1st place prize selection, though I'll be placing the 2nd place and 3rd place submissions to a vote by the community which will probably take place the day of.
    So... get to rockin' everybody.

How to submit:
    Submissions should be an e-mail link to your video on Youtube, with your (main) character name, server and optionally your outfit. E-mail submissions to csahintz@gmail.com
    • Up x 4
  2. ColonelChingles

As inspiration for things I've found funny, here are some things that other people, not me, made!

And of course the one that was featured on the PS2 launcher...

• Up x 1
  3. HadesR

Good luck to those who partake ... :)
  4. Razeroth

Thanks for the mention :p

GL to everyone with P4nda's competition.
    • Up x 1
  5. Killuminati C

I wish I had the hardware to help but best wishes and good on you P4nda for being a constructive member of the community.

Aside from you and Lilbabs who's the third though? I already subscribe to you two and I'd like to show support to the third with a subscription as well.
  6. P4nda

Cheers :) And Lillbabs has been a little inactive for almost an entire year, he's probably been busy with real life but I do know that he's been working on something very special for quite a long time and when he decides to publish it it'll be huge.

The other people I was mentioning was Alphmeister, a fellow Connerian and Shockwave.
    • Up x 1
  7. Killuminati C

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to check those out!
  8. Killuminati C

You ought to check out a video called "Awoken" on the Youtube channel Rebel Scum. I'm not sure the relation to the channel but it's made by someone called Slush2k.
  9. Ballto21

i might try for funsies but, short of an observer cam, how does one disable the hud?

Also, does whats basically a glorified music video count if there is no coordination? (IE, all of it is natural gameplay)
  10. Demigan

I have a question.

I want to use HUD for droppod scenes. Without the HUD from inside a droppod it looks less real than with it. Any other scene will be without HUD. Would that still disqualify the video?
  11. JobiWan

There are some quick buttons, Ctrl + F10/F11 (can't remember which way round) one shows/doesn't show your weapon, the other one turns off the HUD and everything else. I'd also recommend turning off friends logging in notifications, tips, missions etc.
  12. P4nda

Yup, Ctrl+F10 and Ctrl+F11 disable weapons/HUD.

And yep, there cannot be an in-game HUD drawn at any point of the video.
  13. Demigan

Are you sure?
    With HUD a droppod looks like this:
    [IMG]
    I would disable things like the droppod icon on the right and the minimap if possible, but you need the center HUD part, otherwise you would be looking at a blank screen and anyone not playing the game wouldn't know that it's a droppod. This HUD gives you an indication at least.
  14. P4nda

Well if you can figure out a way to mask the other UI elements while leaving in the central part for a drop pod, then feel free.
    • Up x 1