[Suggestion] Overtime is a Terrible Mechanic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evil.Iguana, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Evil.Iguana

Remove it. It serves no purpose. This game isn't supposed to be decided by kills. It's an inversion of the normal game systems and serves only to delay the end of the match and declare a winner based on illogical criteria. I'd rather the winner be decided by RNG than Sudden Deathmatch. Better still, just call a draw and reward both teams with reduced rewards.
    • Up x 3
  2. Touchmaballs

On miller, especially when NC pretty much wins all of them. Which factions usually wins on your server? Is there a website to check win rate of overtime?
  3. BloodyPuma

In my honest opinion, Overtime is won by the side with most top leaders active at that exact time. The reason is simple - 99% players dont understand that they need to switch logic from "throw all bodies at point A and enemy spawn point to get this 1%" to "conserve your life, dont get farmed".

If there is a strong leadership avaible - which is giving orders on every channel as well as chat - that empire wins.

As much as I think that kills and k/d are not that important in this game - paradoxally I think - overtimes play along the good practices of PS2 winning. Like a grand IQ test for leadership and communication.
  4. Twin Suns

Wrelchanics. LOL. That’s Wrelside, the new reality.
  5. Ducksnack

Agreed. This overtime mechanic is bad. It has nothing to do with normal gameplay.
  6. AuricStarSand

I didn't realize the title of " Overtime " meant DM for draws.

DM for a draw is my favorite. & it only happens one time per month. 15 mins of DM. & 15 mins isn't enough time for DM.
    I'd vote for this draw feature to happen one time every 3 alerts, yet it really only happens one every 40 alerts.

I would want bases to have DM mode.

What's the alternative to DM mode for draws? Having to drive a sunderer to ninja a base, after already driving sunderers for 1.5 hours?

Every empire has 6 main sunderer drivers to ninja for alerts. Those 18 guys have driven 10,000 sunderers over the years. Why would they want to drive more for an extra 15 min, or deploy galaxy same stuff, & not just enjoy a DM farm? When DM farm never happens.

& Yes as someone said before, DM makes you play some survival, point holds don't make you need to survive. Yet yes since noone is familiar with needing to survive as a way to win, theirs a lot of noob " ??? " happening.

They already have King of the Hill, now CTF, the only next viable way to win a base would be to make some bases DM.
  7. Shadowpikachu

It should remove revives from the count, simply because capping bases do nothing you just wanna spawncamp and farm the revive bots, rather than any amount of DM or winning.

Should last 20 minutes, and % of bases held should multiply your kills, because NC wins it even when underpopped as a third wheel faction sometimes because they have the best infantry.