Over 20 features have been relisted as "Unscheduled" since the Roadmap was released

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LightningWolfTigrBer, Mar 23, 2013.

1. LightningWolfTigrBer

I think the developers may be biting off more than they can chew. Perhaps it's time to reevaluate the team's workload and set more realistic, attainable goals going forward? More content is always great, but when resources are spread too thin everything gets bogged down, and that seems to be what is happening now.
  2. Rustler

That EverQuest Next must be SOE priority.

meanwhile PLanetside 2 cash cow if funding it....until EQNext comes out and they don't need PS2 anymore.
  3. whitehawk

maybe they are being rescheduled to what order they want to do them in?
  4. LightningWolfTigrBer

Many are features that were intended to be released in GU03/04 and have since been pushed back.
    As long as this game is making them enough money they'll keep it running. Who knows how much "enough" is though?
  5. siiix

they have been unscheduled because the community voted them down... most of those i agree there terrible, and i to voted down i think all of them
  6. Rustler

Im sure it will run..I mean PS1 still running.

I just feel that EQNext is gonna take a lot away from Planetside 2.....I hope I am wrong however.
  7. Phyr

A lot of them are features WE downvoted to hell, and some are features that have to be pushed back because of the hex adjustment. The raodmap isn't set in stone, it's at best a rough idea.
  8. hunder

9. VKhaun

Have we not learned that SOE can't keep a schedule? Why are people still surprised by this? What game have you played from them that had a good time line and no technical problems? How did beta of this game go and end?

What are people thinking when they get surprised all over again every time?

Consumer cows. Wake up!
  10. LightningWolfTigrBer

Only 6 of the 26 features listed under "Unscheduled" have negative scores. Hossin and Continent locks are among the most popular features listed in the Roadmap and have been pushed back.
    You're right, the battleflow pushed some things back and that makes sense, but most of the features that have been pushed back had nothing to do with battleflow and were likely pushed back due to lack of resources. The point I'm trying to make here is that the dev's seem to be trying to pack in content but don't have the manpower to get this many projects completed on time and would likely be better served by refocusing their team on a more realistic release schedule.
  11. LightningWolfTigrBer

My experience with SOE is rather limited, though I've heard they suffer from poor management and refuse to adopt more modern design frameworks like Scrum.
  12. GTGD

This isn't anything new. SOE has promised a lot and under-delivered with every patch since the tech test. Think of it this way and it makes sense:

Half of what is promised is implemented (50%)
    Half of what is implemented is delayed (25%)
    Half of what isn't delayed is completely broken (12.5%)
    Half of what isn't completely broken is buggy/unbalanced (6.25%)
    Half of what isn't buggy is for nothing (does not have any impact on gameplay) (3.175%)

This game is 3% complete (6% if you figure that the stuff they don't plan to implement will never make it into the game). And you know what? It feels like it, which is why PS2 is already dying not even 6 months into its life - despite being a "groundbreaking" free to play FPS. Everything SOE touches dies.
  13. siiix

14. Veri

These guys are starting to sound like AMD.
    State to the public they are going to be releasing at X date, then change the deadline to a later date, then for some reason come out with something else which they never put on the roadmap.
  15. Nariquo

well they arre loosing a lot of players... and most of them are ps1 veterans, people who really care about the game.
    the rerst is well the normal typ of player who will leave if a new game comes out.
    welll community told that SOE SINCE BETA. they just dont care. ok then thee community just DONT PAY ANYMORE.
    comppany should learn WHO PAY THEM. and who should LIKE THE GAME.!!!!!