over 1500 fired, over 1000 direct hits, 10 kills, does that sound OP? Guess the weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. XParagonX

Yes, the striker is bad.

That is why every dam TR and their momma has one, Because they are so bad.

Go to TR territory, Striker lock on hell.

Never been hit by a phenoix in my esf, maybe once or twice by a lancer. But striker is just ******** against air, ya you can dodge it, but if im dog fighting some mossy, he just gets on my *** when i run away from the striker spam and its gg neway. Theres other effects of the striker you guys don't think about, only ONLY TR GETS THIS Advantage.

I really starting to not care neway.

Haven't played too much since these ESRL came out and ruined the game pretty much.
  2. MGP

I've just received SC refund for this awfull POS. I do much better with grounder.
  3. Flag

Is that because of the target tracking difference?

Also, were you at NC Arsenal this evening(brtd was at least)?
    In any case, was a great fight. : D
  4. GraphicJ

Damn it SOE, we never wanted a another cheesy lock on weapon. Give us the Phoenix :(, at least on Saturdays. ;)
  5. MGP

Tracking difference.
    Overall DPS of the grounder is higher.
    Striker itself is bugged - every 2nd clip you fire don't do any damage.

Yes. I was at NC arsenal. That fight was actually that , that sent me "overboard" and caused me to ask a refund for Striker. I was soooo pissed after that fight.
  6. Paperlamp

How'd you talk them into a refund for the striker? Wondering if I could get one, though I've had it for awhile so I'm doubtful. I spent 700 of my limited nvidia promo SC on it when everyone was acting like it was amazing, and not planning on spending actual cash on the game so it's a pretty big waste for me.
  7. MGP

It's amazingly easy. Just submit a ticket to CS.
    I got responce after 30 minutes. Here's the text, i believe it's a copy/paste answer:

I have sent the info they have required and after 30 more minutes:
    So, it took me only 1 hour to exchange this piece of sht back to staion cash.

And i got the Striker from day one. So it doesn't matter how long you own it.
  8. Zotamedu

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=25
    Lets see here. The least vehicle kills per hour and the least kills per hour and that buy a good margin. It does have the highest hit rate but does by far the least average damage. So according to those numbers, the Lancer and the Phoenix are reasonably balanced and the Striker is crap.
  9. Purg

Certainly wasn't a Striker that did that. If it doesn't slam straight into the ground, it'll do its utmost best to find something else to impact other than you.
  10. Antich

I will start to believe you that the striker is bad when less ppl will use it and start using the older RL.
    • Up x 1
  11. Flag

Fair enough on the grounder.
    But how did NC Arsenal make you want to get rid of the striker?
    I don't recall us using that many vehicles, besides sunderers. A few ESFs, a lib or two may have been there, and some magriders/lightnings. But mostly, we didn't use many, they tend to die too fast(the striker is part of the reason for this).
  12. EnviousCipher

Thats how it is for TR over anyone elses too. Except for Vanu, where you just disintegrate in under 3 seconds due to all that Lancer fire.
  13. MGP

There was a lot of Scythes actually. I was trying to get them off with Striker and ofcourse half of the time it didn't do damage. Nothing super-dramatic, but it was the last straw that broke the camel's back.
  14. Flag

Fair enough, I guess.
    (and well, the damage is bugged. If it wasn't, I don't think it'd frustrate you as much as it does now).

But again, kudos to BRTD, you gave us a hell of a fight. :)
  15. Andy79

1) if something tries to lock on to you or actually does, the pilot / tankdriver should get a clear indication on the minimap where its coming from and it should be rendered

2) guided rockets targeting you should be shown on your minimap / be more visible to the pilot / tank driver

3) avoiding rockets should be rewarded with xp, so even if all you can do is dodge missles, it binds enemy ressources / focus
  16. Schwarzpferd

As an esf pilot I always felt this weapon just to be an annoyance that required me to fall back and repair myself, and not much of a threat. I have yet to feel it is op.
  17. Flag

It's not OP. And as odd as it may seem to some, the fact that you have to leave and repair means the thing has a notable impact. If you can't persist in an area for long, you're not doing that much damage either.
    Gives few kills, and some naff xp, but it does thin out the air the other factions can maintain in an area, more so than the lancer and phoenix can.

Arguably, the same can be said for bursters and G2A launchers, I agree.
    But the striker(when not damage-bugged) gives you a single weapon for all vehicles. Like the annihilator, but a smidge better.

Edit: Does the last point make it a dull and boring weapon? Yes, I think it does.
    I'm not disagreeing there.
  18. Soundmonitor

So what are you going to do when you have a squad with grounders that can kill you in 2-3 rockets, you gonna cry about the grounder as well?
  19. loleator

Striker packs are USELESS PACKS as long as the enemy pilot is half intelligent. Is he is half intelligent he will know how to flare the first lock, lolpod, then afterburn the second lock. And there it doesn't matter if you are 1 guy or 999999 platoons, he will take no damage.
  20. Badname0192

True, Striker is garbage, I'm quickly learning that HEAT and AP is the best anti-air, alongside the Deci when it comes to shooting down good pilots.