over 1500 fired, over 1000 direct hits, 10 kills, does that sound OP? Guess the weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Taiji

I guessed correct! Do I get something? :)
  2. Andy79

I guessed lasher, but apparently if a dozen or so conditions are met it shines
  3. ent|ty

Really? Then explain to me how a fired missile follows me over hill and dale, over the top of a Bio Lab, hugging the rim, and turning upside down to go underneath it, fulll speed out and it still hits me.

BUll bull bull... Lock ons are very effective and appear to chase for 3 hexes
    • Up x 1
  4. Vixxing

Glancer is just as pisspoor weak as hell against armor and impossible to hit air with... Do as all Vaanu do: put ur ESRL in a box and use other weapons....
  5. Phazaar

So much this.

Striker is how all AA should be. It makes it redundant being anywhere near the airspace of the TR, because all you'll do is rage+run+repair, repeat ad nauseum.

Any buff to the Striker with its current mechanic would be as disastrous as a buff to the Lancer.

Change the mechanic. Lose the lockon altogether, make it dumbfire only and reduce the damage to factor for the lack of lock on time. Unique weapon, high skill ceiling, low skill requirement, effective against MAXs+Turrets+Tanks, and effective in a whole different way against aircraft (hoverpodders would get spammed to **** if you could loose off a spread of 5 dumbfire missiles from each of your HAs).
    • Up x 1
  6. Phazaar

You obviously suck. Fortunately, your team mates don't, and as such it's obvious that buffing the lancer would ruin the entire game by creating insta-kill zones 800m in diameter for all vehicles.
  7. Epoch/Eep

I would be interested in your Vehicle kills and assists though.

10 guys on a hilltop all night are gonna get a ton of exp and assists. Its really hard for the NC and VS to believe its that poor because were running into Striker teams on every hilltop. Miller is funny atm. We are hardly seeing anything else but sundys now.

When the organised guys are using something you have to consider it quite good but when you see random groups doing it aswell you have to think something is clearly quite good.
    Phoenix and Lancer are awesome too but due to their limits they dont look as OP. Personally for organised outfits phoenix is imo 100 times better than striker but its not noob friendly like the striker as u have to get quite close to a target so you cant hide as a team on hills as easily. We have done this and have to keep moving hillsides every minute or so as the frontline changes.
  8. Daemoth

[IMG]
    You may see that my stat are almost exactly the same at the original poster. Although i never really used the other launcher, the big disadvantage the striker seem to have is what makes it original. The fact that it shoots 5 time instead of once. And thus, that the dmg is divided amongst the 5 missiles and that the enemy has big warning to evade.

Personally, i would make the Striker this way:
    1. Makes it that each missile must have their independent lock on. Each of them taking, lets say, 0.8 to 1 sec each. Meaning that, if you lock-on during 1 sec, you can fire immediately 1 missile. If you wait the full 5 sec, you will fire all of them
    2. When you fire, missile should be fired very rapidly so the enemy doesnt have too much time to evade after the first missile hits.
    3. Multi-Targetting: Since each missile have their own lock-on, they dont have to be targetted at the same target. But whats the use, its better to focus fire right? However, they can lock-on in parallel. For example, if you have 2 targets in range and want to shoot all 5 missile, it would take a total of 3 sec to lock on with all missile ( 3 on one and 2 on the other). If you have 5 targets, it would only 1 seconds. Also, when you have a convoy, its sometime hard to lock on to a single target because the lock on keep changing. This would prevent this.
    4. Last but not least, augment the lock-on rectangle to help the multi targetting.
  9. Van Dax

muhaahaaa just let them think this, you should have seen the miller alert today. DIG platoon commander "looks like 2 sundys coming down 11/12 and 6/12" 3 seconds later they are vaporized. no time to bail.
  10. HadesR

How many vehicle kills with those 1500 shots ? Player kills is a bit of a misleading stat for any lock on, since by it's very nature it gives a player warning when to bail.
    • Up x 1
  11. bobzebrick

I'd be for that change too to be fair but with a 3 phase lock on process that takes ages and is very derpy when there is more than one target in the reticule it really isn't that hard to break lock. if the lib sticks lower at like 200-300m and keeps some obstacles or trees or other players around them to use, I will hardly ever get a lock. Most lib pilots just cruise in lock range at 400-500m though with no cover available by themselves like a huge fire here sign.
  12. treeHamster

Hey the Prancer isn't much better. It's only good in groups. If you're trying to take out an ESF or even scare it off, you have to shoot, wasting ammo AND generally they have to be close. At least with the striker, you can just point it at the enemy, get the lock, and they generally flare and/or run. Doesn't work like that with the Prancer which also glitches ~60% of the time requiring you to dump your first shot after you have spawned.
  13. Zakuak

I dunno how many kills I have with my striker, probably not many but I like to use it when I can. It doesn't slay the opposition but it can slow their roll a bit, if they are silly enough to not get out of the way then they find themselves in trouble.

I think damage is fine as is, would be cool to have it laser/wire guided and dumbfire ability though.
  14. Morpholine

[IMG]
    So, you're saying my Lancer sucks, as well? I have to disagree.

I understand it sucks getting what is essentially a re-skin of the annihilator over something with a unique mechanic, but hey, at least it has double the potential damage output per reload as a consolation prize.
  15. m44v

So lockons aren't fun to either its users nor its victims. Who knew.

I would support the Striker getting a different mechanic.
  16. Hoki

As heavy, carry a TMG-50, something that can reach out and touch, and a decimator.

Fun fact, ESF pilots will run away when you shoot them with your LMG. If they hoverspam too close, decimator to the face.
  17. Sabreur

The Striker is hated by pilots for its ability to lock down an airspace. It's true that you can generally evade it. The problem is that you MUST evade it, and the damn thing is everywhere. Trying to fly anywhere near Striker-Equipped infantry is a waste of time - for both parties. I've already maxxed out flares, and I'm seriously considering putting 1500 certs into Stealth so I can have a whole extra second to be free from lock-ons.
    • Up x 2
  18. Jalek

I used to use the annihilator just to harass ESF's, knowing if I fired it would likely hit a rock, but the lock messages along with everything else when flying low over infantry is just one more distraction.

The Striker could be made more like the Grounder, lock-on optional.
  19. Rown

well, I'm a mediocre player and my stats are these:

[IMG]
  20. siiix

thats because 95% of pilots and drivers BAIL .. but seriously who cares, you get the same amount of XP bail or not , and i dont give a rats behind about my KDR

my stats are a bit better with the striker :
    [IMG]
    i'm totally happy with it :)
    but that was of course before the bug ! its garbage right now

i would suggest to leave the striker as it is (of course fix the bug), and for those who dont like it , maybe SOE could release an other version that more fits they style