OUTFIT WARS UPDATE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Apr 1, 2020.

1. TRspy007

LMAO what?

"This will entail a reset on all of the current Outfit Wars scores starting when servers come back online.......This timeline gives Outfits about 5 days left of time to get to the top of the scoreboard, with the Qualification phase ending on April 6, and will likely be more akin to the length of our Qualification phases in future Outfit Wars."

Not sure if its a really fair thing to reset all scores, not all outfits check the forums and not all outfits are actually fully active. Giving outfits less than a week to qualify seems a bit unfair, even though I'll admit a ton of them simply ghost-capped their way to the top.

"Some of the more passive or farmable experience types will no longer contribute to base capture score. This includes ammo pack experience, repair, revive, healing, spawn experience, etc. Base objectives now matter more than they once did."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that there was a need to do this. Ghost-cappers don't usually rez/rep/resupply that much to actually make a difference, and in large fights this encourages simply sitting on points or teamkilling to steal a generator overload, which happens a lot. The whole point of the support roles is to help the team, I don't think it's fair to discourage players from doing so. If anything, I would have made those xp types count instead of the point control/gen overload xp, especially the spawn experience. There's really few people who bring spawns, even less that actually defend them, and this does not help encourage them to do so.

Now I appreciate the fact that outfits can no longer gal drop a platoon on the last minutes of a base and steal people's hard work, I think that 10 is a fair number, if a person can score more than 10 people combined, he definitely deserves the base, but no one can outscore 96 players. For example, a week ago I killed 117 people in a fight at Nasons (only what was counted on the board). The second highest score had 9 kills, and everyone else on the board didn't even have half my kills/score. The base went to this zergfit (I won't mention the name), who did not even have ONE player on the board!

It's not to say that they weren't contributing to the fight, or that I was the MVP there, but the system simply didn't favor my side. I think smaller outfits now can actually use skill to contribute towards owning bases, and that's a nice step forward. It makes population matter less, and encourages actually contributing to a base capture rather than sitting on the objectives farming point control ribbons.

Finally, I'd just like to address the outfit wars in general, which goes a bit against the title of the post. I would just like to understand how a majority of people see the outfit wars. Currently, I view them (and the sanctuary) as salvaged parts from the battle royale vision from planetside arena. In my opinion, these outfit wars are simply an attempt to organize battle royale matches in the game. Everything about them defies the ideology of the game: proposing "balanced" fights, of no value to an actual faction/with no strategical merit. Yes, it can be argued that long gone is the tactics and strategy aspect of Planetside 2, but this update was just the nail in the coffin. So yeah, I'm not participating in them myself, I'm not sure whether to enjoy the idea or not, or whether outfits won't get a little bored after a few matches, but I'd like to hear some feedback from others instead of me ranting on how this update further destroyed the game.

Anyone wanna share their opinion below?
    • Up x 2
  2. Johannes Kaiser

My opintion is the following:
    1) Reducing number of contributing players is good.
    2) Reducing the amount of stuff that is helpful to gain score is bad.
    3) Outfit wars is a thing best enjoyed from very far away without thinking about it. Let the zergfits and tryhards annoy one another, little free time for the rest of us.
    • Up x 1
  3. NeuroDamage

"Some of the more passive or farmable experience types will no longer contribute to base capture score. This includes ammo pack experience, repair, revive, healing, spawn experience, etc. Base objectives now matter more than they once did."

and what a down wrote it !he Personally checked ????!
    today, the squad of medics took the point with 0 kills !!!!
    they raised and heal their own on team killing !!!
    THIS IS A **** GAME TO THE MAXIMUM LEVEL !
    • Up x 1
  4. SgtEngineer

So what I am being told from this is that as a Medic I shouldn't revive people because if I want my faction to have the base its my kills that matter, reviving players becomes a waste of time and anyone revived then has the potential to kill someone and prevent my outfit claiming a base just so my faction can use a Colossus?

As Engineer I shouldn't put down ammo because the more randoms that have ammo the more they can kill and again prevent my outfit from earning anything while other big factions have possibly max resources all the time but don't barely use there Colossus tank?
  5. RabidIBM

You necrod a post from 14 months ago? The topic of this thread was the hell grind, which there has been an entire round of outfit wars since which didn't include it.