Outfit Loyalty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by theholeyone, May 7, 2013.

1. theholeyone

Pretty simple really, who is a swapper? and who is a stayer? and for what reasons?

I've swapped once as I got banned (long story short, insubordination outside of the game), and am pretty damn happy that happened.
    However if it hadn't I'd still be in a way less fun, more zergy outfit; which was very good for learner players I should add, but offered little for those seeking to mix it up a bit with more specialized stuff. Wondering if others have had similar experiences?
  2. Thardus

Been in Ghosts of the Revolution since Planetside 1. First outfit I ever joined, and I'm confident in proudly saying that they are one of the most effective outfits in the game. I'm glad to be a part of it.

I'm very loyal to them, in fact, in a few weeks, I'll be recieving GotR dog-tags.
  3. Astealoth

i've left 2 outfits because they were harassing me to get in teamspeak and/or platoon. just because i'm online doesn't mean i feel like doing something. v1c1 doesn't seem to care quite as much so i think i'll stick with em.
  4. GSZenith

this will be good
    /popcorn
  5. Satanam

We need official dog-tags with empire, server, outfit name, character name, class, favorite infantry weapon, favorite ground vehicle and favorite air vehicle. With an empire logo in the back, of course. I know it's not directly related to the thread, but that would be cool and would show some loyalty to the outfit if people could get a discount by purchasing lots of these.
  6. Sen7ryGun84

I played with a few outfits before settling down with my current crew. I found nearly everyone i played with was combat effective and pretty well organised so that wasn't really an issue. The big thing for me was the sense of fun, community and how well you get along with your fellow outfit members.
  7. DeadLamb

Loyal but still have fun running with other outfits.. If for no other reason then it's interesting to see how others play as a group.
    My main character is TR on Connery and an officer in the 56RD so that's the bulk of my play.. I "stay" being I like the people in my outfit..

but I also play really late at night (2am+) when most of my main outfit is sleeping so at that point I roll with SWAT being they have been sort of a partner outfit from the get go and one of the few TR outfits that can muster up a full platoon in the middle of the night.
  8. thrikerr

I joined The Enclave back in december because I saw one of their instant action resecures at saerro listening post on esamir and I loved the large scale organization and stuff. There are plenty of really cool people in the outfit and I don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Did you play metroid prime?
  9. theholeyone

hmmm, could be better...
  10. GSZenith

yeah.. was expecting more :s brb making video named "ACE AA MAX" to make flyboys cry and whine, should do the trick.
    edit: inb4 flyboy mod bans me, it was sarcams ok?
  11. MarlboroMan-E

My last outfit didn't survive the jump from PS1 to PS2. Been in a different PS1 vet outfit ever since.
  12. Ash87

I think I left an outfit at one point when I first got on PS2, I can't remember who they were though. I left them to join my current outfit and have been with them ever since, I'm now an officer in said outfit, and wouldn't leave for anything.
  13. HooliganS3

I found EXE (TR on Helios) shortly after joining PS2 when I was testing out each faction.

Loyalty to my outfit is the only thing keeping me playing TR.
  14. Ganelon

I joined EDT the same day I started playing Planetside 2. I made my way up from recruit to officer and then was voted in as the new outfit leader when our old one left.
  15. Phazaar

My NC outfit, I'm loyal to the core.

My TR+VS outfits. Well, let's just say loyalty clearly isn't part of the NC code ;)
  16. RasFW

One Shot SKILLZ is basically just a collection of RL friends of mine and people I've gotten to know over the years in PS1. I don't like the big outfit ideal and all the small outfits are clique-ish. I don't blend very well.
  17. Hibiki54

I was an outfit leader in PS1. The outfit did not survive the jump to PS2 as other moved on to MMORPGs or real life. I joined TLR as just a random and now I'm Outfit Leader.

Go figure.
  18. Shockfc

Don't get mad at them for having voice requirements and expectations. If you don't feel like TS or joining a platoon, that's fine. However, don't get mad at an outfit that want's to stay coordinated and know it's members. At that point you're no better than a random zergling.
    • Up x 1
  19. MilitiaMan

Gotta agree, I went up against GOTR in PS1 and they are a good outfit.

They stick it to TE all the time and are very well orginized, if I decided to join an outfit. It would be GOTR :)
  20. Shockfc

I've been the outfit leader of my outfit, Future Crew, for almost 7 years (since PS1.) A good chunk of the players in the outfit have been there for over 5 years. During that time, I've seen very few players (maybe 5 or 6) actually LEAVE the outfit. Any turnover happens from players simply going inactive.