Outfit chat in game not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by WatchTheNinja, Oct 8, 2022.

1. WatchTheNinja

Outfit chat in game not working for some people and working for others
    • Up x 7
  2. AntDX316

I was about to post it. I thought I did later but I put it in the bug report a few days ago.
  3. Abon

Same, I can see the Outfit chat tab and see when stuff happens with the outfit resources or ranks. However I cannot see the text chat, either my own or anyone else's. This began when the Halloween update came out.
  4. Abon

Seems to only be happening with certain characters. Doesn't work with my TR character, but works on my NC.
    Pretty annoying stuff.
    (Note: Re-installing/validating the game doesn't fix it)
  5. Mithril Community Manager

What servers are you experiencing this on?
    • Up x 1
  6. WatchTheNinja

Emerlad TR, its not everyone its effecting only some players.
  7. zuberman

Server: Miller
    Outfit: DIG

The problem started around a week ago: outfit chat not working. It worked for a bit after patch day but then it broke again. It worked this morning but this evening is down again.

• Up x 3
  8. Abon

This is happening on Emerald TR. Just on my main character Abon (TR).
  9. Mithril Community Manager

Ok thank you, I'll report back if we need more information on this reported issue.
    • Up x 3
  10. Kaya

Hello! I just wrote a post about this same issue not realizing there was already a thread.

We are experiencing the same NO outfit chat issue in [2RAF] 2nd Republic Assault Froce on Emerald TR. All of our members are reporting this issue and I have not heard anyone say that it works for them. We recently played in an NC alt-fit and the chat DID work on NC. So just corroborating the report in this thread, thanks!
    • Up x 3
  11. Grandizer

VS Here. Outfit chat not working since event update for anyone in our outfit.
  12. Mithril Community Manager

Hello everyone, I understand that is an intermittent issue. This update has been brought to the team's attention and will be investigated further as more resources are freed up. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    • Up x 1
  13. VV4LL3

Not working on Connery at this time. No Outfit Voice or Text Chat.1700 PST.
  14. zuberman

Outfit text chat is not working for DIG on Miller. It has happened with more and more increased frequency since October to the point were most people expect it to not work.

Today I learned that the first online chat system was created in 1973.
    • Up x 1
  15. Maelstrome26

Hello Devs,

We're experiencing this issue again and it keeps re-occurring. Certain groups of clients (seemingly randomly) are not getting outfit chat messages and this is making the game extremely hard for leaders to communicate and co-ordinate. Can we look at getting some investigations going surrounding this issue, as it appears it's a re-occuring one. The issue has been going off and on for about 2 months now. Happy to assist with any diagnosis / testing required.
    • Up x 3
  16. VenixFiriurx

Outfit chat has not been working properly or at all these past few months. Server: Miller
    • Up x 2
  17. math368

on cobalt same worries once the unit chat works once it doesn't work
  18. LilStoat

This happens for Emerald NC as well.
  19. Mithril Community Manager

Thank you everyone, we will continue to look into this issue as soon as more resources open up.
  20. Kaya

Hello Mithril, just writing to also confirm that this issue still persists as of April 2023 on Emerald TR. Our outfit is quite large and lately we have been getting 60-70 members for operations, which makes organizing so much harder without outfit chat. Please if you could find a permanently solution it would be an amazing quality of life improvement. We intake many new members every day, and currently we cannot even welcome new members or communicate with them to onboard them. Please make outfit chat fixes a priority. Thanks!