Out of your last 100 deaths, how many were from a Spitfire?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

2. Campagne

None. Out of my last 100 kills, 1 was a spitfire.
  3. FirePhox

Choose one
  4. Pikachu

I died one to a spit fire, since it's release.
  5. JKomm

Any death I have ever had to a Spitfire, the turret only did between 0%-20% damage... the 20% being one time an Infiltrator hacked one behind me in a menu and I turned and destroyed it but the Infiltrator killed me.

They're pretty worthless, I think they need a massive range buff of up to 100m. This would allow them a greater advantage to killing Light Assaults, or to be used more defensively around a facility.
  6. The Shady Engineer

Zero/zero out of last 100 deaths/kills.

Over my engineering career for the Republic, I've deployed 1,803 spitfires and have 140 kills with them total. Looks pretty bad on paper but that's not counting the many many times a timely beep alerted me and nearby friendlies to someone trying to flank or used as temporary cover from hostile bullets or provided just enough extra DPS to win the gunfight.

Spitty is fine as is and I luvs it.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. DirArtillerySupport

Wow...this really isn't the planetside I want to remember.
  8. Crayv

None, though I do sometimes die to them because I try to hack them and forget that they actually do damage.
    • Up x 1
  9. Jake the Dog

Its really not even about having it kill you, its about it spotting the enemy and giving away their location. While I haven't died to one recently (that I remember) I do know quite a few of them led to a premature death on my part.
    • Up x 5
  10. JKomm

They may as well just be a deployable radar then, because that is their primary usage.
  11. zaspacer

What Jake the Dog said. Spitfire acts like a sentry. It spots and draws attention to intruders.

It has perfect aim and it has total awareness. And it's user can operate like normal, stacking their own Engineer Infantry performance on top of it. It just doesn't make sense to then stick a lethal payload onto that package.
    • Up x 1
  12. CaptCran

One. It actually stole the kill from 5 heavies.o_O
  13. Pat22

While I certainly haven't died to spitfires more than a couple times, I've certainly been killed by them beeping loudly and alerting every bozo in the vicinity to my exact location many, many times.
    • Up x 1
  14. BurntMyWater

All of them. Out of my last 100 deaths, the spitfire killed me 10000/100 times. OMG OP pls nerf nao.
  15. Sil4ntChaozz

About two. The best example of the current spitfire i could come up with.
  16. RainbowDash9

i honestly dont think ive ever been killed by a spitfire, PERIOD.

Most of the time the ones i encounter are out in the middle of nowhere with noone around or the person who placed them are completely oblivious to the beeps.
  17. Newlife1025

3. Trying to c4 a Sundy is annoying with those around
  18. OldMaster80

Want to make Spitfire kills?

Drop it on top of grav lifters, then guard it with a good carbine and enjoy the show.

I don't think kills matter that much when talking about Spitty, it's not exactly a weapon. It's more like a mix between a spotter and a sentry gun, and it has to be guarded.
  19. Demigan

The difference is that the Spitfire doesn't just say "there's a robbery", it alerts a full-on SWAT team and then delays the robbers by firing at them, forcing the robbers to waste ammo and potentially be reloading while the SWAT team charges in.

Of your last hundred deaths, how many were from a:
    Recon dart/Motion spotter.
    Medical applicator
    Rocklet Rifle -->Without the LA doing the firing
    AI MANA/AV MANA--> without the Engineer manning them and firing
    A rocketlauncher-->without the HA doing the firing

The Spitfire is a tool. And all tools require the surrounding players to make use of it. The Medical applicator is useless without allies present. The Rocklet Rifle is useless without the LA being present nearby enemies, the AI MANA/AV MANA are useless without the owner present or even allies trying to use them for miniature cover. The Recon darts/Motion spotter are useless without the owner/allies being present...

So use it as a tool rather than expecting it to be a one-man-army! If the Spitfire was that powerful it would be instantly make the Engineer the strongest class in the game. Even right now it easily adds 10 to 20% extra damage in a firefight while people go ape**** over a weapon that has 5% more damage than another weapon. If you buffed it there wouldn't be a reason anymore to pick the AI MANA turret as you would always, always have better DPS with the Spitfire and you are allowed to run around and dodge and fire your Carbine and dump explosives on people. The Spitfire is a bulletsponge that easily sucks away 3/4rth of someone's magazine, allowing you to get an easy kill on that player. The Spitfire is simply powerful and useful.

Now stop moaning about it.
    • Up x 2
  20. Liewec123

spitfire is perfect, it won't be wracking up kills but it is perfect for alerting you of enemies and finishing off weakened/distracted ones.
    i have around 200 kills with mine, that is 200 kills from something i drop down near a sundy or capture point and forget about,
    that is a whole load of sundies that were saved from c4 fairies and a whole load of capture points that remained ours.
    plus a whole heap of xp from 200 kills without doing anything.
    <3 spitfire!

also, my answer is one! :D
    Dec 9, 10:19:04 PM Esamir KILLED BY EvilButt
    Spitfire Auto-Turret
    Spitfire Auto-Turret
    • Up x 3